- Text Size +
Meranda sat silently at the gravesite. Dressed all in black her eyes down cast she felt AJ take her hand in his as they sat threw the service. She felt Denise’s hands on her shoulders and Nick gently squeeze her hand. She had spoke to the doctor after the death of her daughter and found that it was a tumor that had killed Gracie. During the treatments they had been giving Gracie it seemed a blood clot had formed they didn’t catch and it had burst, killing her. Meranda wanted to die right then knowing that if they had caught it she would still have her child. But when Gracie had slipped into a coma she was sure it was the Lupus that had killed her child. Knowing the truth didn’t help. The service had ended and Meranda stood alone by the now covered grave. She looked at the headstone and smiled.
* By the grace of god, Grace Angel McLean is now with god, giving what once was a wonderful life to another. A sweet angel on earth now in Heaven. *

AJ had picked out what the headstone would say and even asked if they could put her proper last name on the headstone, Meranda could think of nothing else so beautiful than what her daughter had showed her about forgiveness and love. She touched the headstone and then leaned down and kissed it.
“ Goodbye my angel.” Meranda said, she stood and felt a light breeze pass over her cheek. She looked up at the sky and smiled. “ I love you too.” Meranda said quietly.
“ Hey come on Randy.” AJ called out to her. Meranda turned and walked towards him. He took her hand and helped her into the awaiting limo.