- Text Size +
“ Randy honey what are you doing?” AJ asked stepping into the living room.
“ I am working on the crib.” Meranda giggled as AJ finally went looking for her. He found her in a small room just off their bedroom.
“ What are you doing?” AJ asked coming up behind her and kissing her neck.
“ Checking the crib, I mean it’s almost time.” Meranda said smiling at him.
“ Yes I know. And I feel that it’s a wonderful thing.”
“ So what do you think our baby is a boy or a girl?”
“ I don’t care as long as she or he is happy and healthy.”
“ Then I think we best get going.”
“ Why?”
“ Because my water just broke.” Meranda said looking at the floor. AJ looked down and then helped her from the house and out to the car.


AJ paced the waiting room as he waited, he wasn’t sure he could handle being in there with Meranda plus she had kicked him out twice, so he decided it was safer for him to wait in the hall. The nurse peeked her head out of the room,
“ Mr. McLean your wife is asking for you.” She said motioning for him to come back into the room. AJ smiled and hurried into the room.
“ I’m sorry.” AJ said looking at her. He stood at her side holding her hand while she gave birth, he smiled this was the one thing he had missed during Gracie’s birth. He looked at the doctor and then back at Meranda.
“ Push baby, one more big push and we will have a healthy baby.” AJ said kissing her forehead. Meranda growled and one last push and she finally heard the shrill cry of her new baby.
“ It’s a girl.” The doctor said looking up at the new proud parents.
“ A girl Alex, a baby girl.” Meranda said looking at him.
“ What should we name our little angel?”
“ Just that, Angel Grace McLean.” She said with a smile.
“ I love it, I love you.” He said kissing her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AJ ran threw the house grabbing toys and other items that he noticed that where thrown all over the floor.
“ Meranda what are you doing to her?” AJ asked hearing Angel crying.
“ I am changing her.” Meranda shouted back down the hallway.
“ Well it sounds like your killing her.”
“ She needs to see the doctor again. I think her hip is out.”
“ So take her to the doctor and deal with it. Come on the guys are coming over they want to see Angel.”
“ Darling is Nick bringing his little sister?”
“ You mean is Nick bringing Angel yes he is.”
“ I bet she’s excited to meet our Angel.” Meranda said coming into the room holding Angel in her arms, the year old child wiggling to get out of her arms. Meranda set Angel down and watched her toddle over and played with the toys on the floor. Meranda walked over and snuggled up to AJ as they watched their daughter play with her toys. Meranda looked up at the picture on the mantel.
“ I bet Gracie would have been a great big sister.” Meranda said looking at AJ.
“ Yep, and I know she’s watching our Angel from heaven.”
“ That she is. I love you Alex McLean.”
“ I love you Meranda McLean.” AJ said kissing Meranda. Hearing the doorbell they broke apart and AJ went to answer the door. Meranda moved over to the Christmas tree that stood in the corner and picked up Angel.
“ Hey baby girl. Put this on the tree.” Meranda said holding out a small orniment to her daughter. Angel took it and placed it haphazardly on the tree. Meranda laughed and set her daughter down as everyone entered the room. Meranda smiled as she watched Angel giggle and hurry towards the people that had entered the house. Meranda touched the picture of Gracie and smiled.
“ Merry Christmas my darling.” Meranda said, and then turned towards her guests. She knew her daughter was watching them from heaven and with Angel all was going to be alright.