- Text Size +
Nick smiled at Gracie as she played with the toy that Brian had brought to her.
“ Gracie, how are you feeling sweetie?” Nick asked.
“ Good. I want to go home. The doctor man gave me something made my tummy hurt.” Gracie said looking at him. He could tell that she really wanted to go home. He hated seeing her in the hospital, he remembered being there for Meranda when Gracie was born.

~~~~~~~~~~~~FlashBack ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick hurried to the hospital when he had received the call from Meranda.
“ I am here for Meranda Hunt I am her coach.” Nick said in a rush. The nurse smiled and led Nick down the hall. She handed him something to change into and then led him into the room where Meranda was.
“ I am here baby.” Nick said moving to her side. Meranda looked up at him, he could see she was tired, he had received the call about two hours before and had been having a hard time getting to her being only seventeen he knew his mother would have a fit if she knew that he was helping a pregnant woman.
“ Thanks Nick.” She said closing her eyes for a moment. He watched her movements, he could see she was in pain as another contraction hit her.
“ Breath girl.” Nick said standing behind her rubbing her back. Meranda felt tears roll down her cheeks as she looked up at Nick.
“ It hurts. I want to stop.” Meranda said looking at him. Nick smiled and kissed her forehead.
“ But then we’d have to wait till she graduates to get her out. Come on just push.” Nick said rubbing her back. Meranda leaned back against him, she felt him rubbing her shoulders. He placed his hands on her back as she leaned forward and pushed again.
“ One more time Miss Hunt and you will have a beautiful baby.” The doctor said from where he was. Meranda pushed as hard as she could and finally leaned back feeling the doctor move back.
“ It’s a girl.” The doctor said proudly. Meranda moved up so she could see her new daughter.
“ Congradulations, would you like to cut the cord?” The doctor asked looking up at Nick.
“ I can?” Nick asked surprised.
“ Yep, just do what I say.” The doctor said, Nick moved forward and did as the doctor said and cut the cord. The doctor cleaned her quickly and handed the baby to Nick. Nick smiled and looked down at the baby.
“ Meranda she looks so much like Alex. We should call him.”
“ No, let me have my baby.” Meranda said holding her hands out. Nick placed the small baby in Meranda’s arms and kissed them both.
“ What are we naming our little grace from god.” Nick asked.
“ Gracie. Her name will be Grace Angel Hunt.”
“ What a beautiful name.” Nick said looking at her. Meranda smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~ End Flash Back ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Nick smiled and looked towards the door to see AJ and Meranda walk back into the room.
“ How’s my angel?” AJ asked placing the huge teddy bear on the bed.
“ My tummy hurts.” Gracie said looking at him.
“ I’ll get the nurse.” Meranda said heading out of the room.