- Text Size +
A/N I want to thank the girls that are reading and reviewing this story, thanks for the encouragement and the reason for me to keep writting this knowing hat somoen is reading it. Now on with the story***




“ Well you’ve got Grandma McLean don’t you?”
“ Yep, Grandma Denise always gives me things that she said came from you. I have a white teddy bear she gave me.” She said. AJ smiled and remembered the day he had bought that teddy bear, his mother had asked him to pick a gift for a child, but never really told him what child. He was so happy now to hear that his Gracie got that bear. He looked down and saw that Gracie had fallen asleep again. Placing her on the bed he kissed her forehead and headed for the other room he needed some coffee. He found Nick, Brian Howie and Kevin sitting in the hall.
“ Hey.” He said looking at them.
“ How is she?” Nick asked, concern written all over his face.
“ She’s fine. A happy child even if she’s sick.” AJ said pride in his voice.
“ Yeah she’s a very happy child. J I am so sorry for keeping her a secret for so long.” Nick said looking at his friend.
“ You weren’t doing anything wrong Nick. I see that now. Randy kept a journal telling me what was going on. Everything from when Gracie was born till recently. She never wanted me to miss anything.”
“ She said she cared deeply for you. You know she never found anyone else to replace you in her heart.”
“ I’ve noticed she never made mention of another man.”
“ I know she didn’t. She was at every concert that she could get to. She was always talking to one of us asking how you where doing.”
“ I know, she wrote that in her journal. Thanks for helping her guys.”
“ Your family we would do it again if asked.” Nick said hugging his older friend.
“ Thanks.” AJ said whipping a tear away. “ My mom will be here in the morning.”
“ Good. We spoke to the doctor again. He’s going to be running blood tests again, to see how bad the lupus is.”
“ I remember when we got the call about Caroline. I know how much it hurt you to loose her Howie. I truly understand that more now than ever.” AJ said looking at his friend. Howie hugged his friend and looked towards the room. Standing there in the doorway in her nightgown and bare feet, Gracie rubbing her tired eyes she moves over to AJ and raises her arms to him, the little IV poll dragging behind her.
“ I had a bad dream daddy.” She said as AJ held her close.