- Text Size +
“ Why would someone pay me loads of money to kill them?” She whispered. She watched the youngest of the group wonder away and she saw her chance to talk to him alone. She walked towards him as she saw him finally make his way away from the others. She could see the tears running down his cheeks. Darcy grabbed his arm and pulled the startled man towards her. Placing her hand over his mouth she pulled him into the shadows, she could feel him trying to struggle to get free, finally she put her gun in his ribs. Nick stiffened and stopped struggling with her.
“ Not one word or you wont live to scream for help.” Darcy hissed in his ear. Nick nodded as she moved her hand.
“ Wh…what do you want?” He stuttered. She looked into those same terrified blue eyes she had seen over ten years before. She knew he couldn’t remember her, she had changed so much over that ten years.
“ Come with me.” She said. Nick narrowed his eyes and looked at her, he had heard that phrase before but he did what he was told. She led him out to the motorcycle that she had been riding.
“ Get on.” She said climbing onto the bike. Nick looked at her strangely but she moved the gun and he did as he was told. Darcy drove till they came to a stop at a deserted house on the out skirts of town. Motioning for him to follow her inside she pushed him into a chair and tied him to it. Nick looked at her with fear in his eyes unsure of what she was going to do to him. She paced back and forth in the room and then sat down on one of the empty chairs.
“ I don’t know what to do with you Nick.” Darcy said looking at him.
“ But.. but I am here.”
“ Yes that much I know. I cant kill you. I wont kill you. But I need to get my daughter back.”
“ How?”
“ For now I need to get each of your friends here one at a time.” Darcy said. She moved closer to Nick and shoved a cloth in his mouth and tied it off behind his head.
“ I am sorry, this is for your own safety. And you do know me. I am very sorry.” She said sadly. She pulled the door closed and heard Nick begin to cry. She hated to do this, but her daughter needed to be found safely. She turned and hopped onto her bike and headed back to the hospital, she knew which one she could get next, he’d be the one looking for the younger man. One down four to go she thought to herself.