- Text Size +
Darcy stood in the darkness as she watched the tall dark haired man as he worriedly looked around wondering where their younger member has wondered off too. She moved behind him and stuck her gun into his back. She knew if he saw her face he’d remember her from ten years before.
“ You can have all the money I have.”
“ Don’t want it.” She said.
“ What do you want?”
“ Where’s your car?”
“ Over there why?”
“ Start walking to it. And don’t bring any attention to yourself or so help me you’ll be dead before they can get to you.”
“ Where’s Nick?”
“ He’s safe. We need to do this.” Darcy said following him to the car.
“ You driving or me?”
“ You are.” Darcy answered as he climbed into the car. Darcy pointed her gun at him, she really didn’t want to do this but she had no choice.
“ Where?” Kevin asked.
“ Abandoned house just outside of town.” Darcy told him. Her hand never moving the gun that pointed at him. Kevin nodded and drove the car towards where she said. Darcy used her free hand and reached into her pocket, she had a pair of handcuffs. Once they had stopped she looked at him.
“ Get out.” She said a bit harsher than she had intended.
“ Fine.” Kevin said his voice as harsh as hers. Darcy walked up behind him and grabbed his arms and handcuffed them behind him.
“ What’s that for?” Kevin asked looking at her over his shoulder.
“ Just walk.” She said shoving him forward. Kevin shook his head but walked towards the house. Darcy opened the door and was surprised when she heard a loud noise from the back.
“ Sit.” She said shoving Kevin into the chair. Kevin looked at her strangely as she raced down the hallway. Darcy threw open the door to the room where Nick was and found him laying sideways on the floor. She looked at his tear stained face.
“ Shush. Here let me help.” Darcy said helping him sit up. She pulled the gag free and pulled his shivering body into her arms. She stroked his short blonde hair.
“ Can you untie me?” Nick asked, she could feel the tears that had soaked her shirt.
“ Come on how about I move you. I have one of your friends here.” She said as she helped him stand. Nick nodded and allowed her to lead him from the room. He looked up and chocked out a sob when he saw Kevin sitting in one of the chairs. Kevin’s head was down and his eyes where closed.
“ Did you hurt him?” Nick asked looking at his older friend. The minuet Nick spoke Kevin’s head snapped up and he looked at Nick’s tear stained face.
“ Nope. I told you I wouldn’t hurt you didn’t I.” Darcy whispered.
“ Yes that you did. I’m hungry.” Nick says looking at Darcy. Darcy reached behind Nick and untied his arms. She walked across the hardwood floor she unhooked the handcuffs that held Kevin’s arm’s in place. Kevin rubbed his wrists and then looked at Nick as he sat down next to him.
“ You ok buddy?”
“ Yeah, she never hurt me.” Nick said looking at Kevin and then at Darcy. Darcy’s cell phone rang causing the two men to jump. Pulling it out she moved towards the doorway holding her gun. She knew she wouldn’t hurt them but she didn’t trust them hurting her.
“ What?”
“ I know you have two of them open the door.”
“ Where are you?”
“ Out front with some friends.”
“ Yours or theirs?”
“ Theirs and if I find them walking around freely in there I’ll kill your angel.” He growled at her. Darcy’s eyes snapped towards Kevin and Nick.
“ How is that possible one is still in the hospital?”
“ He’s still there. We have the other two now open the door and do it now.”
“ Damn it hang on.” Darcy said hanging up and looking at them. “ I am so sorry.”
“ Sorry for what?” Kevin asked.
“ Take this.” She said handing him a small switchblade.
“ What for?”
“ Just take it. You’ll need it.” She said as she tied his hands behind him, she did the same to Nick. “ Be very quiet I wont have to gag either of you.” She said slowly opening the front door. Shane came in pushing Howie and Brian before him, both bound and gagged.
“ Damn it Shane why are you being such a pain in my ass?”
“ Because you need to play this game right.”
“ How so?”
“ We get the fifth member of their little family and then you have to work with them to find your daughter.” Shane said laughing at her.