- Text Size +
“ What does she have to do with this? I remember you, she helped us and you wanted to kill us.”
“ Well guess what the game has just changed.” Shane said looking at Darcy. Darcy narrowed her dark eyes and growled at him.
“ Sit down Darcy.” Shane said looking at her raising his gun. She knew the men that where there where going to be no help to her.
“ You bastard. You’ve turned on me. The one man I thought was willing to be just that a man.”
“ Sit down bitch.” Shane said backhanding her with the gun.
“ Hey come on leave her alone.” Kevin said trying to get up from where he was.
“ I’d stay there pretty boy.” Shane said raising the gun. Darcy moaned and lifted her head to look towards Shane. Her eyes now cloudy and pain filled. Shane grabbed her arm and shoved her into a chair next to Kevin, securing her to it, he looked at her and then turned on his heal and left the room. Darcy sat there, the only thing holding her up at that moment was the fact that she was tied to the chair. Her head was pounding and she could feel the blood that ran down her face.
“ Darcy, you ok?” Kevin asked turning and looking at her. Darcy turned and looked at him and then at the floor.
“ I should have never trusted that bastard.” Darcy hissed.
“ You didn’t know what he was planning.”
“ My daughter is going to die because of that prick.” Darcy said looking away from Kevin. “ And he’s the father.” She whispered at the end.
“ He’s your daughter’s father and he’s willing to kill her?” Kevin asked completely stunned by the comment.
“ He raped me six years ago. It produced a child. I never told him she was his, I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction to know he had gotten a child. He would have wanted to take her away from me.” Darcy said struggling with the bonds that held her arms. She stiffened when she felt two hands on her shoulders, her eyes looking up to see Kevin standing behind her.
“ The knife came in handy thank you.” He said untying her hands. Kevin stopped and looked up to see Shane standing in the doorway.
“ Sit down now.” Shane said raising the gun again. Kevin sighed and sat down. Darcy stood slowly and looked at Shane.
“ Bastard. How long have you been there?”
“ Long enough to know you should die.” Shane said pulling the trigger and firing the gun.
“ NO!” Kevin yelled trying to get to her before he too got shot. Darcy’s body slumped to the floor, Kevin knelt down by her checking for a pulse.
“ You could have killed her.” Kevin hissed looking up at the man that just stood there.
“ Yes I could have but I didn’t. Now here are your instructions, you have three days in which o make it from here to the destination where the little girl is being held. Now to make things a little more interesting you can’t take Darcy to a hospital to be treated for her wounds, you can stop the bleeding and all but she can’t be taken to the hospital.”
“ And if we do?”
“ You forfeit the game and you all die.” Shane said looking at them.
“ We need to go to the hospital for our friend.”
“ Oh him, nope that you don’t have to do. He’s with the little one.” Shane said.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


AJ woke up in a small room, his head was killing him and the last thing he remembered was he was at the hospital now he was laying against the wall his arms tied above his head and a gag in his mouth. Looking around the room he saw a small child that couldn’t have been more than six, her dark eyes looking at him, a small smile. Her little arms tied tightly in front of her. She toddled over and sat down next to him and rested her head on his chest. AJ looked down at her and then around the room. Ally reached up her little hands and tugged the gag free. AJ raised an eyebrow and looked at her.
“ Are you mommy’s friend?” Ally asked. AJ looked down into her dark brown eyes and smiled a little.
“ Not sure who’s your mommy?” AJ asked shifting a bit as little Ally climbed up into his lap.
“ Darcy Wolfe.” Ally said proudly. AJ looked at the little girl, he could remember six years before dating a girl that had that name. But it had been a long time since he had seen or heard from her.
“ Sounds familiar.”
“ Mommy has a picture of you in her wallet, talks about you all the time. Says that you’re the best thing that had happened to her twice.”
“ Twice?” AJ said looking at the little girl.
“ I don’t know mommy said twice.” Ally said snuggling up against him. AJ looked down at her and smiled.
“ What’s your name sweetie?” AJ asked. Ally looked up into his eyes and smiled.
“ I’m Ally.”
“ I’m Alex.” AJ said as she snuggled up and finally drifted off to sleep. He looked down at the little one’s sleeping form and wondered why someone would kidnap a small child. He knew he had money there was always hundreds of reasons but not for a little child. AJ closed his eyes and he to fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darcy moaned and finally sat up looking at Kevin strangely.
“ How long has he been gone?” Darcy asked looking them.
“ I’d say about an hour. You passed out on us. We didn’t dare move you till you woke up.” Kevin said looking into her eyes. Darcy huffed and slowly made her way to her feet. She held onto Kevin’s arm as she got her balance.
“ Come we must go.” Darcy said heading for the door. Kevin followed her out the door. Howie, Nick and Brian headed out the door behind them.
“ I’m confused, isn’t she the one that kidnapped Nick? Why help her?” Brian asked, his anger apparent in his voice.
“ Because my daughter belongs to your friend.” Darcy shouted at him, causing her to lose her balance and nearly fall.
“ Your daughter what?”
“ I had assumed she was from that bastard and I kept telling myself that she was his. But she’s got dark brown hair and dark eyes. And a smile that will melt even the coldest heart. Sound familiar?” She asked looking at them.
“ Your describing Alex or Howie depending on which your looking at.” Kevin answered.
“ Howie is a nice man, but it was your Alex that had caught my attention those ten years ago. The frightened child that looked into my teenage eyes, he melted my heart and captured it. I haven’t been able to ever kill as well as I did that day. When I met him again six years ago I melted against his touch, he touched my heart in ways I never knew possible. When we had our encounter, yes I admit he was drunk, very drunk in fact. I tried not to take advantage of his kind heart but he slept with me that night and nine months later I had a child. But I had assumed it was Shane’s cause after my encounter with Alex he beat and raped me.”
“ Wow, a little Alex.” Nick said as they walked down the dusty roads.