- Text Size +
As they entered the club Howie took a good look around ‘Not bad’ he thought to himself. Aj took him to a table against the upper level gate.

“Hey man, aren’t we gonna dance?” Howie asked as Aj took a seat at the table.

“Yea sure… but later though.” Than he mumbled to himself, “If you haven’t passed out by than.”

“What?”

“Nothing man…” Aj said.

Howie looked at Aj warily than continued to look around the club. Just as he was about to question Aj once more, the lights began to dim, and everyone on the dance floor stopped moving and looked to the stage. As a man, who Howie assumed to be the manager, walked to the mic in the middle of the stage, Howie turned to ask Aj about what was happening, but Aj continued looking forward towards the stage. Sighing, Howie turned his attention to the man.


“Ladies and gentlemen… I give you, once again, Ms. Darlene.” The man said as he backed away from the microphone.

The woman, wearing a blue wrap-around skirt and a black halter-top, came out onto the stage and walked over to the piano and sat down. She quickly glanced over the crowd and saw Aj on the upper level. She refused to look or acknowledge that there was someone seated with him, but in her mind… she knew.

”I keep on falling…
in,
in love.
With you.
Sometimes I love ya,
sometimes you make me blue.
Sometimes I feel good, at times I feel used.
Loving you darlin’ makes me so confused.
I keep on falling, in and out, of love with you.
I never, loved someone, the way that I, love you.
I, I, I…never felt this way.
How do ya give me so much pleasure…
and cause me so much pain?
Just when I think, I’ve taken more than would a fool,
I start falling back in love with you.
I keep on falling, in and out, of love with you.
I never, loved someone, the way that I, love you.”


As she continued to sing, Aj glanced at Howie to see his reaction, but he remained in the same position he was in before she started.

Howie didn’t know what to think. A million thoughts and questions ran rapid through his mind. But one amongst the millions came forward first.