- Text Size +
Tori stood there staring at the sight before her. Never in her life had she seen such a wonderful scene. All too quickly though, she realized that life was not that simple. Sighing, she put her purse down and waited for the inevitable argument that was sure to follow his long glance at her.

“She’s beautiful.” He finally said softly.

With tears in her eyes she nodded. “Yes… she is.” She responded just as soft.

“Have a seat… we need to talk.”

Tori acquiesced and sat down. ‘Here it comes…’ she thought to herself.

Howie sighed and also sat down across from her, and next to Aj. Rocking the sleeping baby he began.

”Were you ever going to tell me that I had a child?”

“Of course I was Howie.”

“When was that gonna be? After she got engaged and you needed money for the wedding?” he remarked snidely.

“I… I don’t know when, but I was going to tell you. I swear.” She whispered.

Howie sighed.

“Well you’re not gonna try to keep her from me from now on, right?”

Tori simply nodded her reply. Howie sighed again, this time with relief.

“Good. Well you obviously can’t stay here, you’ll have to come back to Florida with us.”

Tori’s head snapped up in alarm. She looked at Aj.

”You didn’t tell him?”

Aj merely shook his head no. “I was gonna let you tell him.”

Tori sighed and ran her hand through her hair nervously.

Howie, noticing the nervous gesture, looked back and forth between the two of them. “Tell me what? What’s going on here? What do you have to tell me?” he said, now looking directly at Tori.

She swallowed hard. “I can’t leave, and I can’t go with you to Florida, you can take Gaby… but not me.”

“What? Why the hell not? You don’t wanna come?”

“NO! That’s not it at all…” she cried.

“Than what is it?”

Sighing, Tori began to tell him, what she had told Aj the night before.

“It all started before I met you guys…”