- Text Size +
Howie looked at her in amazement. “There’s more? What else is there?”

Tori sighed and leaned back in her chair. “I told you, he threatened me. He considered me his property and no one else’s. I had already suspected that I might have been pregnant and if he’d have found that out… there would have been definite hell to pay.”

Howie continued to look at her disbelievingly. “He would have hurt you when you were pregnant?”

Tori nodded. “And he still will hurt me… and Gaby.”

Howie gazed at the sleeping baby in his arms and held her protectively close.

”He has someone to keep tabs on me… to make sure that I stay away from you and the others, and also that I don’t go running back to you. That’s why I’m working at that place… the owner is my ‘watcher’. If he finds out that you two are here… and that you’re trying to take me away… god only knows what he’ll do. Then he’ll tell Corey.” Tori continued.

Exhaling noisily, Howie looked up at her. “We have bodyguards… we can protect you and Gaby, Tori.”

Shaking her head, Tori responded, “No… I don’t know whom Corey possibly has on the inside. He’s got connections everywhere. It could be anyone… and what if it’s one of your bodyguards? Then what would happen? It’s too risky.”

“Then what can we do?” Howie asked exasperatedly.

Tori merely shrugged sadly. “There’s nothing you can do.”