- Text Size +
(AN: In honor of Aj's birthday, i decided to update this story. I'm also updating Dear Howie, so enjoy and review!! Happy Birthday Aj!)


Howie got up and took Gaby to her crib and laid her down gently. He took a deep breath and tried to ignore the feelings of resentment he felt when Aj went to ‘his’ girlfriend. ‘Whoa… when’d she become my girlfriend again? And why am I jealous? Aj’s not interested in her like that… is he? Nah… couldn’t be. But… then why is he always so touchy feely with her? And why is he so protective all of a sudden? He always was… but never to this extent!’

Howie’s private contemplation was interrupted when he heard a soft knock on the door. He looked up to see Aj looking at him. ‘Is that guilt I see in his eyes?’ Howie quickly shook his head of the thoughts.

“Yea J?”

”I just uh… wanted to see if you were ok. You got up and left kinda suddenly. Is something wrong?”

Howie sighed and shook his head.

”Besides everything Tori just told me? No… everything’s just peachy.” He retorted.

Aj sighed and sat in the rocking chair in front of Howie.

“Look… I’m sorry… that was a stupid question…” Howie snorted. Aj continued. “but don’t snap at me ok?”

Howie sighed.

”I’m sorry J.”

Aj nodded and sighed.

“What are we gonna do?”

Howie shrugged. “I don’t know Aj. She’s too afraid to let us do anything. I think we should just take her and run for it. But we should get the guys to help us… she already refused us. She can’t refuse all of us.”

Aj nodded and smiled a little.

“She never could.”

~*~


“WHAT?!?”

The man flinched as his boss screamed and nodded. ‘There’s going to be hell to pay. Thank god I’m not on the receiving end of it.’

“So… the little bitch has her friends again, huh?” Corey said as he paced back and forth.

The masked man had never been so still in his life he decided to himself. He ached from holding the tight subservient position for so long, yet he dared not move an inch. Fearful of what could possibly happen if he distracted his boss during his tirade.

“And just what are they planning to do?”

“I don’t know boss… as soon as I saw them with the girl I came directly to you, just like you said.” he replied.

“Hmm… well… you’ll just have to find out what their plans are now won’t you?” Corey said as his gaze bored into his.

“Y-yes sir.”

“NOW!”

The man scurried out the door.

~*~



Howie stood there watching her for a minute. Everything about her, he found, he still loved with every fiber of his being. He even loved the way she breathed. Sighing shakily, he walked over to her and sat beside her on the couch.

Tori looked at him, remembering all the reasons she fell in love with him the moment she laid eyes on him. She found herself wondering what would have been if she hadn’t run away.

“I missed you.” He said softly, as he lightly brushed her hair away from her face.

“I missed you too.” She whispered back, leaning into his hand unconsciously.

He smiled.

~*~


Aj sighed and walked back into Gaby’s room. ‘I should have known. I can’t compete with what they once had. I shouldn’t even try. What kind of friend am I to be thinking the thoughts I have been?’ Sighing again, sadly, he shut the door quietly, leaving them to their privacy.