- Text Size +
The phone rang suddenly, bringing Howie and Tori out of their moment of reminisce. Tori sighed and picked it up.

”Hello? H-how did you get this number?” Tori looked up at Howie as Aj entered the room and sat down on the chair in front of them. “Ok.” She proceeded to put the phone down on the base and put it on speaker phone.

”Howie? J?”

Howie let out a breath, relieved.

”Yea Kev… we’re here. Are Nick and Brian there?”

”Yea. We got you on speaker phone too.” Brian answered.

”Ok, so let’s get started.” Nick said abruptly.

Tori looked at both of them then to the phone. “Get started with what?”

”The convincing of you.” Howie said simply.

”The convincing of me? To do what?”

”To get you to come to back with us, and to let us handle this together.” AJ responded.

Tori looked at them with her mouth open. “You… that’s not fair! You all can’t just gang up on me like this…”

They smiled.

”Oh yes we can… and we are.”

~*~


”I still can’t believe you did that to me…” Tori said.

Howie and AJ just continued to smile.

”Told ya it would work.” AJ said. Tori glared at him. He just kept smiling.

Tori sighed and got up.

”I’m tired… are you guys staying?”

They looked at each other.

”I guess we could.” Howie said.

She nodded. “Well you guys can either have the couch, or sleep in Kathy’s room.”

~*~


He parked his black pickup truck a good distance from the home… and proceeded to sneak up to it. He peeked in each of the windows around the house, to make sure that there was no one still up and about that could possibly catch him, or foul up his plans.

Once he was certain that there was no one still awake and moving around, he carefully lifted one of the easier, looser windows and slipped inside.

Tonight… the boss’s lady was gonna get a surprise.