- Text Size +
AJ awoke and stretched, looking at the clock. 'Damn, only two AM,' he thought, standing and rubbing his arms. He put his shirt and jeans back on and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water. He poured himself a glass and drank it, setting it upside down in the dish drainer.

Walking back into the living room, he saw a figure in the hallway, but knew that one of them couldn't have been Howie. He could see him sleeping on the floor.

AJ hid behind the wall and watched as the tall figure made his way into Tori’s room. AJ cursed under his breath and ran to Howie, shaking him.

"Howie, wake up, man..." he whispered.

“What?” Howie said sleepily.

“Someone’s in the house, and just went into Tori’s room! I can’t take him by myself he’s too big.”

Howie immediately started to get up, but the tall figure silently crept back out, carrying her. He put Tori on the chair closest to the front door and set her down on it gently. The man opened the door and went outside to his truck to open the doors.
The two quickly came up with a plan and they hid, waiting for the man to come back. As he stepped in the doorway, AJ broke a nearby vase over his head, knocking him out and to the floor and they tied him up quickly. AJ called the police while Howie held Tori, stroking her hair softly, trying to wake her up. She woke and looked around, confused.

"Howie?" she whispered.

"Shh, sweetheart..."

"Why am I out here? What happened?"

AJ hung up the phone and sat across from them. "Some guy broke in the house and was trying to kidnap you."

~*~


The police came and went and the three decided that it was best to focus on the events that were to come. They still had a long road in front of them.