- Text Size +
After breakfast, the six of them gathered in the living room. Kevin, Brian, and Nick all settled down on the couch, while Aj settled on the loveseat opposite of them. Howie sat down on the chair between the couch and loveseat and pulled Tori down on his lap. Aj watched this and sighed softly to himself.

“Ok… so what do we know?” Nick asked.

“Nothing really. I don’t know where he’s operating from. I don’t know what he’s planning on doing, or if he knows that you all are here yet. What am I going to do? I can’t go to work, they’ll kill me!” Tori said.

“We know Tori, don’t worry, you’re not going in. At least not without one of us being with you.” Kevin replied.

“She shouldn’t go in at all!” Aj exclaimed. “That guy has to know we’re here by now, because we thwarted his plans of kidnapping her.”

“Aj’s right. We can’t let her go in. Besides, we wouldn’t be able to keep an eye on her all the time, it is a club after all, and I’m not willing to take that risk.” Howie said holding Tori closer.

“So then what do we do?” Brian asked. “We can’t just do nothing.”

“Why don’t we just take her and Gabby back to Florida right now?” Nick suggested.

“They’ll just follow me there Nick.” Tori responded.

“I know, but at least we’ll be on familiar territory. I don’t know about you, but I don’t think any of us know our way around here very well. Nor do we know anyone around here.”

Tori sighed. “You do have a point. What do you guys think?” She asked looking at them.

The others nodded.

“Where will I go though?”

Howie looked at her.

“You’ll stay with me.” Aj said suddenly.

Howie looked at him strangely for a minute. “I think it’ll be better if she stays with me.”

Tori looked between them and absently nodded her head. “Yeah… I think staying with Howie is ok, thanks anyway though Aj.” She said softly, trying to ease the unexpected tension that Aj’s outburst had created.

Aj nodded. “Yeah… of course. I was just trying to help ya know.” He said quietly.

Brian, Nick, and Kevin glanced at each other, knowing there was more behind Aj’s sudden statement than he wanted to reveal.

“So how soon are we going to move me back down there to Orlando?” Tori asked.

“As soon as possible.” Howie answered right away.

“But there’s so much to be done. I have to pack me and Gabby up. I have to get all my information transferred back down there, and…”

“Shh…” Howie said putting his fingers over her lips. “We’ll take care of all that. Won’t we guys?”

“Yeah, of course we will. Don’t worry about a thing ok?” Kevin said. The others nodded in agreement with him.

Tori smiled softly. “You guys are so good to me. How can I ever possibly begin to thank you?”

Brian smiled. “How about you make us some of your famous pecan pie and homemade iced tea for starters?”