- Text Size +
As AJ pulled into the club's parking lot he looked up at the sign in neon lights.

"The Memnoch. Sounds cool," he said as he got out of the car.

It wasn't the usual type of club that AJ was used to. It was more like a restaurant with a dance floor and a stage. The walls were a crimson color with black sparkles. The tables were red with black glass tops. Each table had a dark red candle with a black ribbon tied around the bottom. The place would be dark and gloomy like if not for the yellow spotlights placed strategically around the club.

AJ spotted an empty table close to the stage and next to the dance floor, which was in the middle of the club. He took a seat and watched some people dancing on the floor. A waiter came up to him and took his drink order and returned a few minutes later with his favorite drink, Bloody Mary.

All of a sudden the lights began to flicker on and off. Everyone scattered off the dance floor and waited for the announcer to come on stage. As soon as he did everyone in the place quieted down, and AJ watched with intrigue as the announcer began to speak.

"You all know what time it is. It's time for our favorite entertainer to sing us a song. This one is for the lovers in the place. Everyone please put your hands together for Ms. Darlene," the announcer said, as the audience began to clap.

A few people started to walk onto the stage at the microphones in the back, and one guy sat on a stool with his guitar in hand.

When the band started, a voice came from off stage. It was beautiful and full of passion. Then, suddenly the woman the voice belonged to walked onto stage and AJ gasped as he watched her.


"I saw your new girlfriend the other day and I expected for her to be so much more than she was / I checked out her style / The way she smiled / The way she moved / The things she said / The way she looked at me like 'I've got your man...'"



"Tori?!" AJ said breathlessly. It was her. She was here, on stage. Singing! He couldn't believe it.

She looked the same yet different at the same time. Her hair grew down to the middle of her back. She lost a lot of weight. She was wearing a crimson colored, tight fitting dress with spaghetti straps. The middle was bare, with a sheer black material that covered the whole dress. The black material had little black flowers on it. The dress came down to her ankles, with a long slit up the left side stopping at the middle of her thigh.

She looked great! She sounded even better. AJ never knew that she could sing, and so beautifully. He had a feeling that Howie never knew either.

Just then AJ thought, 'Aw man, Howie. What's he gonna do when he finds out?' When Aj noticed that the song was about to end, he looked towards the stage hoping to get Tori's attention. When she didn't look his way he stood up and started to walk to the stage.

When he was a few feet away from the stage Tori turned to him, looking him directly in the face.