- Text Size +
Tori was almost hysterical with sobs, as AJ continued to carry her to his rental car. Once he reached his vehicle he gently sat her down on the hood of the car and rapidly ran to open the passenger side door. As soon as it was open he picked Tori up once again, put her softly in the seat, and shut the door. He jogged around to the other side and got in, shutting the door hurriedly behind himself.

AJ sat in the car for a moment, just listening to Tori's sobs. Suddenly he turned to her.

"Why?" AJ asked.

Tori looked up. "Why what?" she questioned.

"Why a lot of things! Why did you leave Howie like that? Why didn't you at least let him know that you were all right after you left? Why are you here? Why did you run away, especially on you way down the aisle? If something was wrong, why did you just say something instead or running away? Why were you crying like that? Why?!"

"I...I don't know," Tori said as tears were fiercely falling down her cheeks.

"That's not a good answer. Come on you have to know something." AJ sighed. "At least tell me why you were crying when we ran into each other."

"It's none of your concern. Why are you here anyway?" Tori said.

"We're on vacation. Tori, you used to be able to tell me anything. What happened to you? What's so wrong that you can't even look me in the eye?" AJ said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Tori looked up, with tears in her eyes, and gazed into AJ's. "Can you take me home, AJ? I don't want to be here when I tell you." Tori said.

AJ turned on the car and started driving towards the exit. "Uh, where do you live?"

Tori gave him instructions on how to get to her house. There was an uneasy silence in the car. AJ turned on the radio.


"I don't know, what he does to make you cry / But I'll be there to make you smile / I don't have, a fancy car / To get to you I'd walk a thousand miles..."


As they pulled up to her house, AJ noticed that Tori's tears had ceased.

"Do you wanna come in?" Tori asked.

"Ok," AJ said as he turned the car off.

As AJ and Tori walked up the steps of the small town house AJ started to look at the surroundings. It wasn't exactly the worst of neighborhoods but it definitely wasn't the best either.

Tori began to dig for her keys when the door flew open.

"Where the HELL have you been! Do you know I almost called the cops looking for you?! You're never late! I almost had a heart attack!!"

"I'm sorry Kat, I got a little...uh, sidetracked," Tori said hinting towards AJ.

Kathy finally took notice of AJ and checked him out. She noticed that he was noticing her as well.
(AN: I know that's cheesy, but hey, you can't do anything about it! haha, now back to the story.)

AJ stared at the 5'2" girl. She was skinny, but not model thin. She had shoulder length brown hair and hazel eyes.

"Ok, well whenever you two stop gawking at each other I'll introduce you," Tori said. They both immediately looked down at the ground and all of a sudden found cement to be very interesting.

"Kathy Reed, this is AJ. AJ McLean, this is Kat. Now can we go inside?"

Kathy stepped to the side and allowed them to enter, watching AJ as he walked through the hallway leading to the living room. She thought to herself, 'Damn what a fine body, there is a god, and AJ is his namo!' Kathy smiled at her own thoughts and shut the door.