- Text Size +
...Chapter Twelve...



At the Airport...

8 July 10pm...


We (the guys and I) were sitting around waiting for my boarding call.


"First Class Passengers for flight to New Zealand - boarding Now" Came the call. The guys stood up.

"Why are you guys standing?" I asked

"Your boarding call"

"Um, No, I fly economy "

"You what? Why?"

"Um thats how I fly" I said looking at their shocked faces.

"Ok, Ok, just fly First Class next time cuz no-one in the BSB family fly's economy ok babe" AJ said

"Ok" but I still didn't understand what the big deal was.

My boarding call came and I stood up.

I kissed and hugged each one. And I couldn't stand seeing their sad faces anymore.

"Guys cheer up, I'll be back before you know it" I smiled.

"We'll miss you that's all" Bri said.

"And I'll miss you guys too but I'll only be gone for 4 days" I said.

"Ok call us each day and call my cell phone FIRST when you land ok" AJ said

"Sure" I hugged them again then boarded the plane.

Luckily I got a window seat cuz I hate isle seats. And I had just sat down when a girl about a year older than Stephanie sat down next to me.

"Oh My God" she said as she looked at me.

"What?"

"You're a Backstreet Boys dancer aren't you?"

"Yeah how did you know?"

"I saw the show tonight, you were fantastic"

"Thanks" I smiled

"Your really good friends with the Backstreet Boys aren't you?"

"Yeah how did you know?"

"AW, I just saw them saying goodbye to you and they didn't look happy about it. I would have come over but they really looked sad."

I laughed "Yeah they are good friends of mine but they are a bunch of saps, I am only gone for like 4 days and they are acting like its forever or something"

"You must be very special then"

"Yeah I am like their little sis"

We talked a lot and this Nikki chick was really kool - so I decided to do something for her - I found out that she liked Howie the most so I was gonna ring him for her.

We got off the plane and I asked her to accompany me away from the crowd to the nearest phone.


"Hey, whats up?" I said into the phone. Nikki didn't know who I was calling.

...

"Yeah I am fine tired but fine, could you talk to someone for me? I met her on the plane and she is a new friend of mine. Thanks babe"

I turned to Nikki "There is someone named Howard Drough that wants to talk to you" I said and I laughed at her expression.

They talked for a couple of minutes but then we had to go. I asked Howie if he would not tell AJ that I called him first. Howie just laughed and said ok. I told him that I missed him and he said the same thing and I got off the phone.


"So Nikki ya wanna lift home"

"Yeah that would be great, other wise I would have to catch a cab home, by the way thank you so much for doing that for me"

"Nikki, its fine, Howie is a friend of mine and so are you now and if I could do something you would remember that's great"

"Well thank you any how"

We got in my car and left the airport.

"I hope you don't mind but I have to ring AJE or he will think my plane has crashed." I said laughing

I rang AJ's mobile.


"Hello"

"Nick what are you doing with AJ's phone?"

"He is being restrained by Kev and Bri at the moment. Cuz he has been pacing around for the past 6 hours waiting for you to ring."

"Aww how sweet. Nicky give him the phone please and tell Kev and Bri to let him go, you guys are just mean"

"Ello Shell?" An out of breath AJ said into the phone

One sided conversation...

"Hey babe, its me"

...

"Tired but good"

...

"At the moment I am driving down the motorway"

...

"No, the limo is for you guys not me, I am no celebrity" I laughed

...

"AJ I have only been gone for 1/2 a day and I am not even home yet"

...

"Ok, Ok 20 hours, god you have been counting haven't you" I laughed

...

"Yeah I miss you too, I really do"

...

"Babe could you please put me on speaker?" And then I did the same.

...

"Guys I would like you to say hello to a new friend of mine Nikki."


Nikki was gob-smacked. We all talked all the way to Nikki's house but then we had to go. I promised the guys I would call them later and everyday and I hung up. Nikki thanked me for every thing I did for her but I reminded her that the guys are just that NORMAL GUYS but they just have fantastic singing voices and not to mention gorgeous.

I said good bye and headed home. Home some where I dreaded at this moment.

Sure enough when I drove up into my drive way Jeff's car was there. I walked inside and found Dezerae and Jeff in one very hot and heavy make-out session.

"Hi, guys" I said calmly

They broke apart immediately and the look on their faces was priceless. I almost laughed.

"Uh, Michelle what are you doing here? I thought you were on tour" Dezerae asked

"Oh I am still on the tour but I had to come back here to sort some things out. Oh which reminds me I want you and your stuff out of my house by the end of the day! Got it?" I said calmly.

Dezerae just stood there in shock and didn't say anything.

"Good" I said and walked up stairs with a smile.

1/2 hour later Dezerae came in my room. I was listening to BSB in my disc-man. It had been only like an hour since I last spoke to hem but I missed them and their voices already - pathetic aren't I. I was listening to my one of my favourtie songs 'INBYH' and I saw Dezerae in my doorway and pulled my ear plugs out.

"Yes?" I asked

"Can we talk please?" Dezerae pleaded

"Sure, have you started packing yet?" I asked Dezerae burst into tears. "Why? Why do you want me out of your house?"

I nearly laughed at her stupidity. "hmmm let me think - um a few reasons come to mind but I'll name 3. You lied to me!! You hurt me!!! And the most important one is that you broke the N# 1 rule with having a best friend or even having a friend. YOU NEVER go after you friends ex or help him cheat on your friend especially with yourself!!!!!


"Michelle you weren't even dating Jeff when you left so why can't I have him, I love him I really do"

"Well I am not mad that you love him, but I am FURIOUS that it was you that he was cheating with when I was dating him. And don't even deny it cuz I know. Now GET OUT OF MY SITE AND OUT OF MY HOUSE AND OUT OF MY LIFE. I do NOT need FRIENDS like YOU!" I said


She just walked out of my room when the phone rang.

"What?" I asked annoyed

"Michelle are you OK?" AJ asked

"Yeah I'm fine I just finished telling Dezerae how I felt"

"Ohhh fun" mocked AJ

I laughed "Oh shut up. AJ how did you get this number?"

"Umm I kinda kept on annoying Nick until he gave it to me"

"Oh ok, but you should have just asked me, I would have gave it to you before I left"

There was silence for a couple of seconds

"Oh AJ I nearly forgot, I promised you that you and I would go shopping together. How about I come home early and you can take me and Steph shopping?" I asked eagerly. I really missed the guys and I wanted to go home.

"Really? You'll come back early? Yeah I'd love to take you and Steph shopping. When you gonna come back? Asked a very happy AJ

"Well I'll try to get a flight for tomorrow so can you and the guys come pick us up?"

"Definitely, call me back with the time and remember FIRST CLASS ok!"

"yeah ok" I said laughing.

"talk to you soon"

"yeah soon, bye"

"Bye" then I hung up

I rang the airlines and arranged to first class tickets to Florida for tomorrow at 2.30am to get into Florida at 8.00pm. (Remember the time difference - Florida is like 12 hours behind New Zealand or something like that). I rang AJ back with the details and set out to find Steph.

Steph was ecstatic that she was gonna tour around America with me and my friends. She still didn't know my friends were 'The Backstreet Boys' and I wanted it to stay that way until I met them at the airport the next night. Its weird New Zealand wasn't home anymore. Anywhere my best friends (All the guys plus Leigh and Kris) were that's where home was. Steph and I had dinner then decided to watch a movie before we left. Half way thruough the movie I drifted off to sleep.

Boys P.O.V...

Nick came to a conclusion when Michelle was away...He loved her but wasn't in love with her not like AJ was - even if he was not going to admit it you could tell by the way he acted and spoke about her.

5.00pm - Kevin turned the TV on to try and calm the eager AJ down. Since it was only a couple of hours before Michelle's plane landed.

"I will repeat hat horrible news again..." said the TV reporter. "Flight 583 from Auckland New Zealand to Florida has crashed, No survivors as of yet" Everyone just stopped at what they just heard. AJ just stood there shaking his head "Nup not possible, Michelle can't be dead she just can't be, NO NO NO NO" The reporter started up again "We have just got word that there were 277 people on board. One of those passengers is connected to the Backstreet Boys, Michelle Reed a Dancer and close friend of the Backstreet boys was on board also her 15-year-old sister Stephanie Reed. We channel 7 news gives our condolences to the Backstreet boys and everyone else who's loved-ones were on board." Kevin turned the TV off and turned around to the other 4. He was as white as a ghost. As the shock wore off and reality set in, one by one they started to break down. As reality set in for AJ he got out of his seat he stood up abruptly and went to his room and slammed the door.