- Text Size +
“ Leave him alone.” Morgan cried getting up from behind the witness stand. Kevin looked up at the group and then down at the floor. Morgan walked over to her husband and pulled him into her arms.
“ No further questions.” The attorney said sitting down. He looked towards Morgan and then towards a now bloody client.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“ The judge will be making his verdict here soon.” Morgan said looking at Kevin. Kevin nodded and slid closer to her, he could hear the press shouting questions from where they stood. Morgan put her arm around him and held him close. Brian moved closer as did Howie, AJ and Nick.
“ I wish those vultures would go away.” AJ growled.
“ They will.” Howie said. He knew that this trial would be all over the news and in a matter of time the management would be calling and Kevin didn’t need that right now.
“ The Judge is back.” The lawyer said. Morgan nodded and lead her husband back into the court room.
“ If the defendant would stand.” The judge said. Billy stood, a smirk on his face.
“ William H. Masters you are found guilty of all charges.” The judge said calmly. Billy looked at the judge like he had said something stupid.
“ What?” Billy said standing.
“ Guilty of the charges of Rape in the second degree, aggravated assault, kidnapping and attempted murder.” The judge said. “ There will be a sentencing hearing on January 1st till then you sit in jail.” He said looking at Billy. “ Court dismissed.” The judge said his final word and people filed from the courtroom. Billy moved in one swift motion and dove towards Kevin. Billy pinned Kevin to the floor, his hands around Kevin’s throat.
“ I can’t have you no one will.” Billy screamed. Kevin clawed at Billy’s hands trying to get him to let go. Kevin was gasping for air trying to breath. The guards finally pulled Billy off Kevin. Kevin moved back gasping for air.
“ You don’t scare me anymore Billy, I hope you find yourself a nice friend that will make you his bitch.” Kevin growled. Billy struggled to get free of the guards that held his arms. Kevin turned on his heal and joined his friends and wife.
“ Let’s go home.” Kevin said taking his wife in his arms and kissed her full on the lips. “ I love you.”
“ I love you too. Come on let’s go home.” Morgan said as they walked out of the courthouse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Kevin walked threw the house and looked around at the decorations. He could hardly believe that it had been a year already. Billy was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for what he had done and Kevin was finally able to move on with his life. He was home on a break from the Backstreet Boys recent tour and he had so missed his wife.
“ Hey baby.” Morgan said from the kitchen doorway. Kevin turned and looked at her, she looked beautiful.
“ Hi, I’ve missed you.” Kevin said pulling her into his arms and swinging her around.
“ I’ve missed you too.” Morgan said kissing him, she wiggled from his embrase when she heard the crying of a baby.
“ How is our little angel?” Kevin asked following her up the stairs. Morgan opened the door to the bedroom and smiled as she looked at her five month old baby.
“ Little Annie is doing just fine. She’s a healthy and beautiful baby.” Morgan said lifting the crying baby into her arms.
“ I couldn’t have asked for a better holiday then to spend it with my wife and daughter.” Kevin said kissing her. Kevin took Annie from Morgan and walked out to the living room. Sitting down in the rocker he bounced his baby girl on his knee.
“ Daddy loves you.”
“ And she loves her daddy. I am so happy to see you happy again.” Morgan said sitting in the chair next to him.
“ It’s been a long time coming. But everything is better.”
“ Yes I know.” Morgan said. Kevin had long since stopped seeing the therapist, and he was more confedent and was able to talk about what had happened. Morgan couldn’t deny that she was so very proud of him. She felt that he had taken his biggest step when he told Billy he wasn’t afraid of him. Now he was a family man with a child. Morgan had been scared that she wasn’t sure she could have another child after the loss of her first one because of Billy. Morgan stood and answered the door.
“ Hey guys what brings you around?”
“ It’s the holiday and you guys are family.” Nick said hugging her.
“ Oh face it you only came over to see Annie.” Morgan laughed.
“ Can’t deny that we love seeing that cutie pie.” AJ said heading into the house. Morgan turned and watched the five me talking and playing with the baby. Just a year before Kevin was depressed and withdrawn. Smiling she watched them laughing and joking. Life was finally getting back on track, Kevin still had his occasional nightmare but they weren’t as frequent or as bad anymore. But Morgan was finally happy life was getting back to what they would consider as normal.
“ Come here.” Kevin said smiling at her. Morgan walked over and sat down in his lap. Kevin wrapped his arms around her waist, his head resting on her shoulder. Life was finally back to normal.