- Text Size +
Morgan watched her husband sleep, she looked towards the door and saw Brian standing in the doorway. Slowly slipping out from under Kevin, Morgan slipped out of the room and quietly closed the door.
“ How’s he doing?” Brian asked.
“ As good as to be expected. The doctor wants to keep him a few days. It seems Kevin’s attacker broke about four of Kevin’s ribs and chipped the bone in his wrist. They didn’t cast it because they didn’t want to scare him anymore than he already is.” Morgan admitted
“ I can’t believe that something like this happened, and to Kevin. God what he must be going thru.”
“ He’s going threw a lot and I can’t help him, he won’t let me.” Morgan said.
“ He will let you help him. Just give him time.”
“ I’m going back in there with him. Tell the others but please don’t tell them everything. I don’t think Kevin can handle them knowing about the rape, not right now.”
“ The press has been notified.”
“ What?”
“ When the police where called, the scanners where set off and you know how the press have those things. So now we have a problem.”
“ Damn it. He can’t handle this not right now. Please do something.”
“ We will. Don’t worry.” Brian said hugging her and then headed down the hallway. Morgan headed back into the room that Kevin was in. She watched her husband toss and turn as nightmares plagued his dreams. Sliding back into the bed next to him, she whipped the sweat away from his forehead as he woke from his dream, sitting up panting trying to slow his heart and breathing. Morgan pulled him into her arms and ran her fingers threw his hair.
“ You’re safe now.” She soothed.
“ Why me?” Kevin said looking up into her eyes.
“ I don’t know. But remember it wasn’t your fault.”
“ I could have fought him off better.”
“ He could have killed you.” Morgan said looking at him.
“ But he didn’t, I would have rather he had.” Kevin said pulling out of her arms and moved into the bathroom closing and locking the door. Morgan moved to the door and touched the handle.
“ Kevin, baby, please don’t shut me out.” Morgan cried against the door. Kevin reached out and touched the closed door and then slid down it pulling his knees up against his chest he sat there on the floor. It flashed before his eyes everything that had happened.

~~~~ Kevin watched as Morgan and Carlos left the yard. He had seen his wife wave at one of the guys that had just moved into the neighborhood. Kevin turned and walked back into the house closing the door behind him.
It had been a good three hours since Morgan and Carlos had left and he wondered what was taking them so long. Kevin padded around the house in just his jeans as he made ready for a romantic dinner with his wife. Hearing the door open he had assumed that his wife and bodyguard had returned. Never turning around he finished setting up the table. Kevin stood and was about to turn around when he felt the cold barrel of a gun in his back.
“ Don’t turn around.” The harsh voice said. Kevin nodded, he swallowed hard as he felt the hand run over his chest. Kevin steadied his breathing and moved away from the man’s touch. The man that stood behind Kevin grabbed his arm and pulled him back towards him. He pulled a blindfold over Kevin’s eyes so he couldn’t see his attacker.
“ My very pretty. Such a hansom man.” Kevin heard the man say.
“ What do you want?” Kevin asked, his voice shaking a bit.
“ Why you sweet Kevy.” He said his lips corressing Kevin’s neck. Kevin shuttered under the man’s touch, he hated how his body betrayed his own mind. He knew this was wrong and he wanted to know what was causing the man to do this to him.
“ Please don’t.” Kevin whispered.
“ You’re going to be such a sweet fuck.” The man whispered in his ear. Kevin backed away his hands reaching for the blindfold, he wanted to see who it was that was torturing him.
“ Don’t!” the man shouted at him knocking him to the ground. Kevin touched his now bleeding lip and backed away from his still unseen attacker.
“ Get up.”
“ I want to see who you are.” Kevin said reaching up for the blindfold again.
“ No!” The man shouted hitting Kevin in the ribs with the gun. Kevin doubled over in pain clutching his ribs. The man reached down and pulled him to his feet tying his hands in front of him and shoving him towards the bedroom. Kevin stumbled several times before making it to the bedroom.