- Text Size +
Kevin’s eyes snapped open again and looked around the room he was in. The bright light that surrounded him reminded him that he was in the bathroom. He could hear his wife’s soft voice from the other side. He slowly stood and stripped of what he was wearing and slid into the hot shower. The shower water was so hot Kevin’s skin turned red, he heard the door to the bathroom open with a key. Morgan came into the bathroom fearing the worse. She looked at her husband and slid into the steaming hot shower fully clothed. Putting her arms around him Kevin turned and faced her and dropped to his knees and began to sob once again. He held on to her his head resting against her stomach as he sobbed. Morgan reached over him and shut off the water. She looked towards the door to see a nurse and the doctor standing in the doorway. She took the towel they offered and wrapped it around Kevin and helped him from the shower. That’s when she saw the bruises, reaching her hand out slowly she touched each and every one of them. Some had been down by hands others by something else. She could see strap marks on his back and chest, burn marks on his chest, how much he had endured she wondered. She helped him redress and then get back into bed. The doctor kindly gave him a sedative. Morgan watched her husband fall asleep. She followed the doctor out into the hallway.
“ You never told me about the bruises, burns and other things. Why?” Morgan asked, her voice dripping with anger.
“ Because he asked us not to.” The doctor said looking at her.
“ I’m his wife damn it. What did he think I wouldn’t notice.”
“ Mrs. Richardson please calm down. We understand why your feeling like you are. But it was his wish and we wanted to do as much as we could for him. We would like him to start seeing a therapist.”
“ Yes I understand.”
“ We would like him to start right away.”
“ That’s fine.”
“ We need your signature on these papers for that.” The doctor said handing her the forms. Morgan sighed the forms and watched the doctor walk down the hall and leave her alone. Morgan slid down the wall and pulled up her knees. She couldn’t imagine what was going threw her husband’s mind, she wondered if he’d ever tell her what happened. She wondered if he’d ever let her touch him again. She finally stood and saw Brian walking towards her.
“ Hey, we talked to the press.”
“ How much did they know?”
“ Just that Kevin was found beaten in your home. Nothing more. Honey we kept them from finding out anything more.”
“ Thank you Brian. I don’t know what we’d do without you.”
“ Be lost. Don’t worry so much. Just be there for Kevin. How is he doing?”
“ They had to give him something to help him sleep. He locked himself in the bathroom last night. I feared he was going to do something to himself. He then took a hot shower. I held him while he cried and again and then I saw the bruises.”
“ Bruises?” Brian asked looking at her.
“ Yeah all over his body, burns too. God Brian he’s been hurt so bad.” Morgan said.
“ I know honey.” Brian said hugging her. Morgan sniffled and looked up.
“ I should get back in there with him. Brian keep the others posted. They’ve got a suicide watch on Kevin. That’s the other reason he’s staying her a bit longer. Then I can take him home.”
“ At home he might be more comfortable.”
“ I’m not so sure about that.” Morgan said walking back into the room.


Morgan watched her husband walk around their home. He wouldn’t sleep in their bedroom, he spent most days locked in the guest room or was in the shower washing his body for the umpteen time. She had lost count on how many times he had changed his cloths. She walked down the hall and into the room he was sitting in. Kevin’s knee’s where up against his chest and he was looking out the window.
“ Kevin.” Morgan said coming into the room. Kevin jumped and looked towards her, she could see that he hadn’t slept much. She could see that in his eyes, the dark rings under them told that much.
“ HI.” He said softly, his eyes returning to what he was gazing at.
“ Kevin, you can’t hide in here forever.” Morgan said coming and taking his hand in hers. Kevin looked down into her eyes and gave her a weak smile.
“ Sure I can. We are on a break so it’s not like I have to leave the house.”
“ But what happens when the tour starts again?” She asked looking at him. Kevin looked down into Morgan’s blue eyes and he reached out and pushed up the glasses she wore back up her face.
“ I will deal with that when the time comes.”
“ Honey, the guys are coming over to discuss the tour. Brian called an hour ago.”
“ Oh. So when are they due?” Kevin asked. She could see a slight tremble in his movements.
“ Bout ten minuets.” Morgan said, she turned towards the doorway when she heard the doorbell.
“ Why don’t you get that? I’ll gather my courage to be able to face the guys.”
“ Kevin, honey, remember we all love you. Especially me.” Morgan said placing a soft kiss on his lips. Kevin ran his finger over his lips and then watched as his wife left the room.
“ How could she still love me? After what happened.” Kevin wondered. “ How could she still touch me after what he did?” Questions like that plagued Kevin’s every move and moment. Wondering how anyone could care about him after what had happened. Slowly standing Kevin made his way downstairs. He could hear his wife talking to someone, he stopped frozen on the stairs, that voice, he had heard that voice before. It sent chills threw his spine and brought terror anew.