- Text Size +
“ How is she?” Kevin asked rushing into the hospital.
“ Resting, she lost a lot of blood.”
“ How’s the baby?”
“ The baby..the baby is the problem.” Brian said looking at Kevin.
“ What’s the problem?”
“ Kevin the injury caused a miscarriage. I’m sorry.”
“ Does Morgan know?”
“ I don’t know. I told the doctors I would wait out here for you guys. She can go home tomorrow if she’s up it.” Brian said looking at his cousin.
“ I want to see her.” Kevin said looking at them. Brian nodded and heading down the hallway he showed them to the room. Kevin went into the room and pulled his wife’s sleeping form into his arms.
“ I’m so sorry.” Kevin whispered holding her close. Kevin kissed her forehead and closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. Brian pulled the door closed and sighed.
“ They’ve got a lot more a head of them. I sure hope he’s up to it.”
“ I know. But we will be right there with them. Standing by their side the entire way. We are family and we will show the whole world that we are standing by each other no matter what.”
“ That’s right. And no matter what.” AJ said with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The five men and one woman stood on the stairs of the courthouse.
“ Are we ready?” Brian asked.
“ As ready as I will ever be.” Kevin said looking at them. Kevin stood there dressed in his nicest suit and tie, his wife by his side in a nice dress.
“ Then let’s put this sick bastard in prison.” AJ said as they headed up the steps and into the building. Press was everywhere and Kevin feared this coming out and it being bad for the guys.
“ Are we sure about this?” Kevin asked fear in his voice. Morgan took his hand in hers and looked into his fear filled green eyes.
“ Baby, everything will be fine. No matter what we are all here for you.” She said kissing him softly. They walked into the courtroom and up to where the prosicuter sat.
“ You ready?” The lawyer asked looking at Kevin.
“ As I’ll ever be.” Kevin said, his voice sounding braver than he was feeling.
“ At this time I’d like to Call Kevin Richardson to the stand.” The lawyer said. Kevin stood and smoothed his suit and walked towards the witness stand.
“ Mr. Richardson I’d like to ask you what happened on the night of September the 24th of this year.” The lawyer said looking at Kevin. Kevin sighed and then leaned forward to speak.
“ I was home alone. My wife and bodyguard had gone out to do some shopping. I was readying for a romantic dinner alone with her. I had heard someone come into the house, but I hadn’t bothered to turn around thinking it was my wife returning from shopping. I was about to turn around and face her when I felt a gun in my back. I was ordered not to turn around. I felt a hand moving over my bare skin. I knew it was a man’s hand by the size. It terrified me, I then felt the man pull a blindfold over my eyes. He ordered me to not take it off, I tried once and he hit me in the face splitting my lip. I had tried again and he hit me in the ribs with the gun. I tried to stand and he grabbed my wrists and tied them together and then shoved me towards the stairs, I wasn’t sure what he was thinking at first then he shoved me into the bedroom and then tied my arms to the headboard. I was scared of what he was going to do to me.”
“ What did he do Mr. Richardson?”
“ He raped me.” Kevin said as tears rolled down his cheeks. “ He flipped me over and raped and beat me. I had never thought I could feel so much pain. I had finally passed out before the end of it.”
“ Thank you Mr. Richardson that will be all.” The lawyer said. Kevin sat there and looked at Billy, the lawyer had offered him some tissue for his crying. Kevin remained seated as the defence attorney walked towards him.
“ Mr. Richardson.”
“ Yes sir.” Kevin said looking at the man in front of him.
“ Now your sitting here under oath telling all of us that this man my client raped you. How can you be sure about that, you never saw the face of your attacker?”
“ He came back to finish the job, he had returned to my house, I was out with my friends, their idea to get me out in the world again. When I returned to the house, I found the house empty till I had gone up to the room where the original attack happened. I turned around and there was Billy standing behind my wife, she was tied and gagged. I could see she was scared. He threatened to kill her if I didn’t do what he asked.” Kevin said trying to control his tears.
“ Yet your still claiming he raped you. But still if this is the first time you had seen your attacker how can you prove that he was the one that had done it?”
“ Because he said he did. He told my wife that he’d been watching us for a long time. He loved me.” Kevin said looking at the man.
“ Your still sitting here telling me things that other people heard, your not telling me that you heard him say it.”
“ He fucking tried again. He tried to rape me again. He tried to kill my wife. He killed our unborn child.” Kevin shouted. The judge pounded his gavel on the bench.
“ Enough. You can step down now, Mr. Richardson.” The judge said looking at Kevin. Kevin whipped his tears away and stood and walked to where his wife was waiting for him. Morgan pulled Kevin into her arms and let him cry on her shoulder. Morgan looked at the lawyer.
“ Do I have to take the stand?”
“ I am hoping not. How are you feeling Mrs. Richardson?”
“ Sick to my stomach but I’ll be fine.” Morgan said looking at him.
“ I now Call Morgan Richardson to the stand.” The defence attorney said looking towards her, the look on his face could make any woman sick. Morgan slid out from under Kevin, Brian taking her place. Morgan walked up to the witness stand and got sworn in. She sat down and looked at Billy’s attorney.
“ Mrs. Richardson.”
“ Yes.” Morgan said looking at him.
“ You know my client?”
“ Yes I do.”
“ How?”
“ He lives next door to me. I saw him every day.”
“ Now he’s here being accused of raping your husband.” The attorney said.
“ That’s because he did. He had pinned my husband to the bed the day he tried to kill me. My husband was completely defensless with his arms tied behind him. I couldn’t even help him. All I could do was watch him.”
“ But according to your husband he was raped six weeks before that.”
“ He was.” Morgan said calmly. Morgan’s eyes settled on Billy, she could see he could have cared less what was going on around him. Billy’s eyes drifted in the direction of where Kevin sat.
“ Don’t you dare look at him. Haven’t you done enough? You sick bastard because of you, he spent six weeks afraid of the littlest sounds. And afraid of his own friends.”
“ Now Mrs. Richardson calm down.”
“ To hell with you. Your defending this sick bastard. He tried to kill me and rape my husband right before my own eyes. I know what I saw.” Morgan shouted. AJ had seen quite enough and had stood from where he was.
“ Why don’t you leave her alone? She’s been threw enough.” AJ shouted. The attorney turned and looked at him.
“ Maybe you should sit down and she should answer my questions.”
“ Fuck you.” AJ shouted as he punched the attorney.
“ ORDER IN THE COURT! RESTRAIN THIS MAN!” The judge shouted from the bench. AJ had turned his full anger on Billy, he jumped over the table and began punching Billy over and over.
“ You son of a bitch you should be castrated for what you did.” AJ shouted as the guards pulled him off of him.