- Text Size +
Next Day . . .
August 15, 2007
4pm
Leighanne, Kristen, and Sarah came over to help me get better. I stayed in bed all day. They tried to get me up. They tried to make me at least smile, but nothing worked. My face showed no emotion.

"Aw, c'mon, Ally, get up. Do something," Leigh said.
"I am," I said, with no emotion in my voice. "I'm laying on the bed."
"Why?" Kris asked.
"Because I'm . . ."
"'Completely hopeless.' Yeah, we know that," Sarah finished for me.
"Then, why did you ask?"
They sighed.
"What do we have to do to get you outta the bed?" Leigh asked.
"Bring Nick back," I said simply, staring at the TV.
They sighed again.
"You know that's not possible," Sarah told me.
"So, I guess I'll stay here on the bed," I replied.
"Why don't you go swimming?" Kris suggested.
"Maybe . . ."
Their faces lit up.
"Na."
"Well, I ran out of ideas," Sarah gave up.
"Me, too," Kris said.
Leigh just walked out of the room. Kris and Sarah followed.

3 Hours Later . . .
7:30pm
Izzy came here to comfort me. As usual, nothing really worked. She tried as much as Kris, Leigh, and Sarah did, but nothing worked. We watched the Austin Powers movies; not even a giggle I made. I was quiet as can be.

"Aw, c'mon, dude, cheer up. It's not like you're dead," Izzy said.
I shot an evil glare at her.
"Ok, ok. I get you."
"You know I'm dying. Physically AND mentally . . .," I said, almost audible to hear.
"Remember, you could be pregnant. Don't wanna hurt the baby, now do you?"
"I'm not. I'm not eating a lot, and I still got my period," I told her.
"Sure, you're not pregnant . . . now," she said and walked away.

Late Night . . .
2:32am
"I love you, Ally . . .," Nick's voice filled my head. "Will you marry me? . . . I need you, baby . . .Stop hurting us, babygirl . . ."

It was raining hard and thunderously. My soul was dead, my heart, my life, . . . my everything. With Nick gone, nothing was possible.

I was awake, looking at the rain outside. I sighed. Izzy was in her room asleep, of course. My life was dull. Nothing, not anyone could change it ever again. I heard someone knock on the front door. "Who would outside in this weather at this time?" I asked myself. I moved my weak body off the bed and walked downstairs. I turned on the living room light. I yawned as I opened the door. I looked at the tall, dark figure in front of me. "It can't be . . ."