- Text Size +
April 17, 2008
Mid-Afternoon
Today's Izzy's 18th birthday! Well, this is nice; she's legal and I'm not. Well, whatever. My time's coming up. If you wanna know, Nick and I have finally began our wedding plans. So far, we're up to . . . umm . . . we need the date. We don't know when to do it. I told him I wanted it to be in a beach, near sunset. So far, I'm thinking August is a good month. But then I'm thinking July, so it could be between Brian's and Leigh's anniversary and my birthday. Great, 3 more months till the wedding, and we're late on planning it. We're not even half way!

Nick and I were at Izzy's house, celebrating her birthday. Nick and I were standing, and I was leaning on him, with his arms around my waist. Of course, Danny was there, and he called for everyone's attention. Everyone quiet down, and he spoke.

"First of all, I'd like to say happy birthday to my baby." I saw Izzy blush when he said that. Dan continued, "And I have my gift right here with me. But, I gotta say a few things. Iz, I've loved you for so much for so long, and I hope you feel the same way. That's why I want to ask you . . . Will you marry me?"
Izzy and I gasped at the same time. A few people started at me and I quickly erased my embarrassment. Tears fell down her eyes as she tried to say "yes." When she finally did, it was audible to hear, but I saw her mouth it. He slipped the ring on her finger, and they kissed. Everyone clapped, as Nick kissed my cheek from behind and whispered, "Reminds me of us."
I smiled, nodded, and kissed his lips. "I love you."
He smiled, "I love you, too." And kissed me again.

Few Hours Later . . .
"Can you believe it? I'm engaged," Izzy said happily, staring at her engagement ring.
I smiled, "Yeah." I was speechless and still extremely happy for her.
"So, how's your plans coming along?" she asked, snapping me out of my daydream.
"Huh? Oh! Umm, we're working on it. You're my maid of honor!" I said.
"I better be," she laughed.
I stuck out my tongue at her. Someone knocked at the door. I looked at Izzy. She shrugged and went up to get the door. Our mouths dropped when we saw who it was . . . It was our old crush, . . . Llewellyn.
"Um, uh, L-Llewellyn, w-what are you doing here?" I asked, immediately getting up.
"Matilda invited me," he said. Matilda is Izzy's cousin, who was in the same class as him.
My eyes were wide. "Ugh, . . . Matilda!" I screamed. "Where is she?"
"Um, she's downstairs," Llewellyn replied.
I groaned.
"So, um, whatcha been up to?"
"We're engaged," Izzy and I said in unison. We looked at one another when we said that, then turned back to Llewellyn.
"Oh!" Llewellyn said. "Well, . . ."
"Goodbye!" I said, pushing him out and closing the door. "Phew!"
"Why'd you do that for?" Izzy asked.
"Um, hello?! He'll find out we got white boys!" I told her. "Everyone else will find out, and I'm not ready to tell the world about Nick!"
"The whole world already knows!" Izzy replied.
"They don't!" I said.
Llewellyn knocked on the door again.
I opened it and said, "Party's over. Bye!" I closed it again and locked it. I groaned, "I'm tired. I need my Nicky."
I went to the kitchen and saw Nick there. I smiled. I walked over to him and kissed his neck. "Promise me you won't leave me?"
He turned around. "Didn't I already promised that? Of course not, baby. Not even for an extra billion dollars."
I smiled, and we kissed.