- Text Size +
"Hey," Frankie said, sitting down across from me and interrupting my thoughts.
"Huh? Oh, hey."
"Am I interrupting you in something?"
"What? N-No, o-of course not."
"So, um, what brings you here to LA? I've heard that you live in New York."
"God, what are you? My stalker?" I told him, laughing.
He laughed.
"Na, just shopping for prom dress," I answered.
"Oh . . . Um, you got a date?"
"Yeah, my fiance."
"Oh," he said, sounding a bit disappointed.
"Um, yeah. Ooh, look at the time. I gotta go . . . home," I said, standing up. It was 4:30.
"Would you like me to take you?"
"Uh, o-ok. I guess," I said.
"Cool, um, this way."
I followed him to the parking lot and into his car. He opened the door for me and I got in. I told him to leave me at the corner, so the Carters', especially Nick, wouldn't get suspicious.
"Well, I guess you should go," Frankie said.
"Um, yeah."
"Ally?"
I looked at him, "Hmm?"
"Could I have your number? I mean, like we could stay friends, right?"
"Yeah, uh, here's my cell phone number." I gave it to him. If you're wondering, my parents bought it for me.
"Thanks," he said, leaning in forward and kissing me. After a few seconds, Frankie pulled back.
"Well, um, see you later."
"Um, y-yeah," I said, getting out of the car, feeling uncomfortable.
"Bye," he said, and drove off.
"Oh, my God," I thought. "What have I done?"