- Text Size +
July 4, 2008
11pm
Everything was going fine. The two good things that happen was that I got accepted to University of Tennessee (No, it's not in Tennessee; it's a college near Marathon), which is 34 minutes away, and I was going to work at Sloppy Joe's. Nick asked the manager, Chris Mullins, if I could, and he accepted. I start in September right after school.

Today was Independence Day. Ah, only 2 more weeks and Nick and I are married. The time came so fast. I remember the times of waiting for the big day. Ooh, talking about the wedding, everything is set. We're getting married in a private beach area. We made the reservations and got the cake. It was chosen personally by Nick and I. I got my dress, but Nick hasn't seen it.

We were out in the backyard, on N'Control, watching the fireworks from the ocean. Nick's arm was on my shoulders, and I cuddled up next to him.

"Can you believe it's in 2 weeks?" Nick said suddenly.
"No," I replied looking at the fireworks. "In my opinion, it's unbelievable."
"It sure is."
"I also still can't believe that it's you I'm marrying," I told him, smiling.
"Well, I can't believe that I found my dreamgirl." He looked at me. "And it's you," with that Nick kissed me. I smiled, kissing him back. I pulled back on our kiss. Nick was about to question me when I put my finger on his lips. "Just look into my eyes," I told him. "Tell me what do you see." While he stared at mine, I did the same with his. We stared into each other's eyes for a few minutes until Nick spoke. "I see a shining light," he said, still staring in my eyes. "It's telling me that I found the right person. I found home." He smiled.
I looked into his. "I see the same thing," I told him, as a smiled appeared on my lips. It's true; I too had found home.