- Text Size +
That Afternoon . . .
July 13, 2008
1pm
(Nick's POV)
I woke up with a headache. I groaned and tried to remember what happen last night. Whatever it was, it hit me hard. I noticed I was naked. I looked at the other side of the bed. I saw a pillow. I groaned again. I fucked a stripper. I'm getting married in 5 days, and I cheated on my wife-to-be. I have to tell her before we get married. I know she'll flip out and all, but I'm gonna be an honest guy. You get rewards for being honest, right?

I went to the bathroom. Sammy . . . the stripper looked a lot like Ally. But, no way . . . Ally, would never be that horny or spontaneous, right? I had my boxers on and washed my face. I looked at myself in the mirror.

I sighed. "I really fucked up this time," I said to myself. I splashed my face with water. "I am so dead."

(Ally's POV)
I stretched my arms as soon as I opened my eyes. I smelled the air. Waffles, and toast. I smiled. What a beautiful day, don't you think? I went downstairs to greet AJ and Sarah.

"Hey guys," I smiled, sitting on a chair facing the table.
"Well, you're bright this morning. I wonder why," Sarah said, knowing.
I smiled at her, "It was a success!"
"I wonder how bad Nick is feeling," AJ said.
"Don't you think it's a bit harsh?" Sarah asked.
"What?! Of course not! This is all his fault. Sarah, if AJ played a prank on you, before you guys got married, like the one Nick did, what would you do?"
"Sorry, Ally. I'm not that type of guy," AJ said.
"That's true," Sarah said, kissing his lips.
I rolled my eyes, "But, what IF he did? Wouldn't you have done the same thing as me?"
"Well, yeah . . ., but not that harsh," Sarah replied.
"At least it's something," I mumbled.
"Whatever, eat your brunch," Sarah said, handing me the waffles and toast.
"Brunch?" I said.
"Well, obviously," she said. "It's, like, 1 in the afternoon."

4pm
The phone rang. I was in the living room watching TV. The phone rang again. I decided to pick it up since Sarah and AJ were probably busy.

"Hello," I said.
"Hey, baby." Well, look who it is . . . Mr. Carter.
"Hola," I greeted, smiling. ("Hello.")
"You miss me?" he said, a bit trembling.
"Of course, I miss you. Do you miss me?" I asked him.
"You don't know how much," he replied. "Um, baby, can I talk to AJ?"
"Aw, but I thought you wanted to talk to me," I said, pouting.
"I do, baby. But, I wanna talk to him, too," Nick said. "Please? I promise I'll talk to him fast, and then I'll talk to you, k?"
"Ok," I said, sounding disappointed. "I love you."
"I love you, too, babygirl." My body shivered when he said that. I haven't heard him call me that in a long time.
I smiled. "AJ!" I shouted. "Nick's on the phone!"

Now, time for a little eavesdropping.