- Text Size +
I told AJ what to say to Nick . . . well, some parts.

"You know," AJ began to tell me. "When I said the part of when you'll never leave him no matter what and crap . . . you know I meant that as a compliment, right?"
To me, it sounded as a little bit of an insult in a way. "It better have been," I told AJ. "Or else."
"Or else, what, shorty?" AJ said, standing up.
"Or else, I'll have Sarah punish you," I smiled mischievously.
"You can't do that," AJ said.
"Yes, I can. I'll tell her what you said. Anyway, me and Sarah are in the same category . . . We're both women. We understand you men."
"Ok, ok."
"Anyway, thanks. Even though it sounded like an insult to me, it was good," I complimented him.
"I told you I'm an expert," AJ smiled.
I laughed, "Whatever."

6:30pm
(Nick's POV)
"How am I gonna tell her?" I thought, while looking out at the ocean. "When am I . . . ?" I was looking out into the ocean and the blue-ish, purple-pinkish sky. It was a beautiful amazing sight. "I wish Ally was here to see this," I thought, smiling. Until, I got an idea.

"Hello?" I heard her say.
"Hey babygirl," I greeted her.
"Hey papi," she greeted me. "¿Que tu ta hasendo?" ("What are you doing?")
"I'm looking out at the sunset and thinking of you," I answered. I've been around her so much, I already know some Spanish sentences. I can't say them, but I know what they mean.
"Eso e bueno." ("That's good.")
"Baby, go to the backyard and look at the sunset," I told her, knowing it would make her smile.
"Ok," she said. I heard her footsteps going out to the backyard. I smiled as I heard she had stopped. "Wow," I heard her say. "Nick, it's beautiful."
"That's why I called you," I told her.
Even though I wasn't with her, I could tell she was smiling. "Nicky, how many more days until the wedding?"
"Um, about 5," I said.
I heard her groan, "Why is it so far away? I wanna be with you. I'm bored."
"Me, too, baby. But, AJ's evil."
She laughed. AJ was the one with the idea of the "Bride must be away from Groom days before the wedding" thing.
"I miss you," I told her. "God, I'm going crazy."
"Me, too. I feel like me . . . 5 years ago."
I thought about what she just said. "What do you mean?"
"Nick, when you were touring or whatever, I was single, and I wondered how it would be to be in your shoes. Also I felt so lonely, you know? Like always away from you and never near."
I nodded. "Yeah, but what can we do?" I sighed hopelessly.
"Nothing, I guess," she replied. "Nick, . . . you're on your boat aren't you?"
"Yeah."
"Nick, I think I can see you."
I smiled and turned around facing the shore. She was waving. I waved back.
"Well, we maybe can't be with each other, but we could see one another," she said.
"Yeah," I smiled. "Baby, whatcha wearing?"
"Aye Nickolas, no comiense," she said. ("Oh Nickolas, don't start.")
I laughed, "C'mon, baby. We can't see each other . . . much . . . please?"
"Boxers, and one of your jerseys," she answered. "I stole one of your jerseys," she added in her mischievous voice.
I smiled, "I wish I could see you."
We paused. I heard her breathing on the phone. I remembered about Sammy. I had to tell her before the wedding.
"Ally, I . . ."
"Nick, I gotta go. Sarah wants to use the phone. I love you," she interrupted me.
I sighed, "I love you, too, babygirl. Promise me you won't leave me no matter what happens."
"I would never want to leave you; I promise, bye."
"Bye, baby," I told her, as she hung up. "Oh, God," I thought. "This is getting harder every day."