- Text Size +
Her father placed her in my hands. I looked at her, while she looked at me, smiling. "I love you," I mouthed. She just smiled and winked. We faced the priest.

"We are gathered here today, to celebrate the unity of Nickolas Gene Carter and Alyson Rose Joa . . ."

Ally and I mostly talked through the whole "priest-talk." I kept on making funny faces, and she tried so hard not to laugh. Instead, a big, wide smile was planted on her face. She looked at the priest a few times, trying to take notice if it was time for the vows. I continued to make faces. She gave me a look telling me to stop and that it was almost time. I obeyed and waited for the priest to call my name.

"Nickolas, do you have any vows?"
I nodded and faced her. She smiled at me. I smiled back and sighed. "Ally, I . . . I can never imagine my life without you. I don't even want to think about it. Honestly, I don't know what to say . . . because my love for you is unexplainable. It's undescribable. I wish there was a stronger word than love that would express my feelings for you. But, there isn't. The only thing I could say is . . . Alyson, I love you . . . more than anything . . . because you are my everything."
She smiled as her eyes were filled with tears of love and appreciation. I smiled back at her, nearly crying myself. The priest called her name. She looked into my eyes, as I did the same with her.
"I-I . . . What's there to say? I'm speechless, Nick . . . I don't know what to say . . .," she thought for a moment. ". . . I . . . Many years have I waited for this day . . . Not just with any man, but with you. Nick, I . . . My love for you is also unexplainable. It's incredible; it's wonderful. I-I don't know what to say to describe it. Everything I do, can never explain my love for you. Nothing is enough. Not even this marriage, but this is the farthest I could go. I love you, Nickolas, and it is an honor for me to become your wife and the mother of your children . . . Nickolas, te voy amar para siempre. Te prometo. " (" . . ., I will love you forever. I promise.")
I blushed a bit. "Wow, mother of MY children . . . Infact, CHILDREN. Notice she said it plural form," I laughed to myself. I smiled at her. I could tell my blue eyes were shining . . . because her brown eyes were shining, too.
Ally and I were so drowned in our eyes that we didn't see the priest motion Baylee to come with the rings. Yeah, he was the ring bearer. Ally wanted him to be, so here he is . . . with the rings. Baylee handed us our rings. I slipped the ring into her finger as she did the same with my finger. We looked into each others eyes once again. Her eyes looked so beautiful. Thanks to the sunset, it was shining beautifully. The waves were calm as the countdown for us to kiss was almost ending. The tide entered the shore . . .
". . . You may now kiss the bride . . ."
Our lips touched. It was a salutation to the new life that had just begun.