- Text Size +
45 Minutes Later . . .
1:05pm
We finally made it to Haina. I told Nick it was a small, bumpy town.

"Bumpy? Whatta mean by 'bumpy?'" Nick asked, chuckling.
"You'll see when we get there," I told him.

When we did, his facial expression changed.

"You weren't kidding . . .," he said in disbelief.
"Of course, not. I wouldn't lie to you."
It, literally, was a bumpy town. It was hard to park the car and everything. Nick also noticed the motorcycles.
"They're popular here," I explained to him. "Never ridden one, though. But, it's all good."
Jose parked his car in front of the house.
"Wow," Nick said in amazement.
I smiled, "C'mon, we're here."

We entered the house and were greeted by Jose's wife, his mother (my mom's cousin), Melania, and my cousin, Benazir.

"¡Hola! ¿Y quien es este? ¿El a Nickolas?" Benazir asked, when we entered her room. ("Hi! Who's this? Is he Nickolas?")
"Si, recuerda su cuaderno que teña un tipo que dije su nombre era Nickolas? El e Nickolas," I told her pointing at Nick. ("Yes, remember a guy that was in your notebook that I said his name was Nickolas? That's him.")
"Wow, de verdad?" (". . ., really?")
"Si, Nick come over here." ("Yeah, . . .")
Benazir shook Nick's hands. Nick just looked completely lost and confused.
"Nick, this is my cousin, Benazir. She had a notebook of you and the guys, and I told her that this is you."

About an hour later, Nick felt tired.

"Baby," Nick began, "I know this is kinda gonna sound like stubborn, but can we go home? I'm tired."
"Ok," I told him. "C'mon, let's go tell Jose."

45 Minutes Later . . .
2:50pm
Nick and I were back home. Ah, the resting place. I sat on the couch, tired as can be. Yeah, Jose brought us back. Nick sat down next to me on the couch, with his arm around my shoulders.

"I should've never came here," I heard Nick mumble.
I looked at him, "Why wouldn't you wanna come here?"
Nick looked the other way, avoiding my eyes.
"Nick, . . ." I cupped his face in my hands and forced him to look at me. His eyes were getting red.
"I'm sorry, baby," Nick tried to say, his voice breaking. "It's just that I feel as if I don't belong here. Everytime you talk to someone, I can't understand and I feel embarrassed."
"Baby," I began. "Nicky, don't cry. The reason why I brought you here is because . . . I wanted to show you the other part of the world that you never saw." I kissed his lips tenderly. My tongue felt dry. That meant I was going to cry, too.
"Ally," Nick said, his tears gone. "Don't cry. I love you; don't cry on our first honeymoon day."
I nodded my head, agreeing. "I just don't wanna hurt you," I tried to say.
"Baby, you're not." He put his finger on my chin making me face him. "C'mon, let's go rest."

We got up and made our way to the master bedroom. Nick stripped down to his boxers. I stayed the way I was.

"I love you," I heard Nick say, kissing my lips softly before I closed my eyes to fall into deep sleep.