- Text Size +
Nick noticed this. "Baby, is there something wrong?" he asked, looking at me questioningly.
I looked around the backyard, "Not really."
Nick looked around, trying to figure out what I was looking at.
"I have this major feeling we're being watched," I tried to explain to him.
He nodded his head, still looking around.
"C'mon, let's go inside," I said, changing the subject.

We went inside and I looked around the house. I looked at my arms. I had goosebumps. Nick hugged me from behind. We walked upstairs into our bedroom. We were silent and the only noise you could hear was me breathing heavily and Nick sighing. We stripped ourselves into our PJs and laid on the bed. Nick was facing my back while I was facing our closet, thinking. He pulled me into his grasp and whispered into my ear, "I love you, baby. I promise I won't let anything or anyone come between us. I'll never let anything or anyone hurt you ever again. I promise." He kissed my cheek as I drifted into sleep.

1 Month & 6 Days Later . . .
December 7, 2008
8pm
Well, guys! Today is Aaron & Angel's 21st birthday. Wow, can ya believe the two smallest of the Carter clan is already legal? And guess where the party was . . . in a club! "Na, on my first day, I want to drink a margarita or get drunk," Aaron said. Because of my pregnancy, I decided to say home with Jane. I rather stay home, relaxing, instead of listening to banging music. I told Nick to go ahead; I want him to have fun on his brother's first day. But, unexpectedly, the door opened. Nick entered the room.

"Nickolas, que tu estas sendo aqui?" I asked him. (" . . ., what are you doing here? ")
"I didn't want to leave you sola and I missed you," he tried to say. It was so cute. (". . . alone . . .")
"You're not. Tu mama estas qui con migo." ("You're mother is here with me.")
"Really?"
I nodded my head.

Nick walked into the kitchen and about a minute later, I saw Jane walking out the door.
"I'm going to the club," she began to explain. "Nick's gonna stay. I gotta see how's my son, especially since he's legal now. Bye." She closed the door, and Nick on the couch next to me.
"You hungry?" he asked me.
I shook my head, "I already ate."
He nodded his head. Minutes later I felt a little pain in my stomach, causing me to jump.
"Ooh," I moaned, holding my stomach tightly.
Nick also jumped. "Baby, a-are you ok?"
I nodded my head, moaning again.
"What's wrong, baby? Tell me," he said, trying to remain calm.
"The baby," I tried to say. I moaned again. "It's kicking."
Nick looked at me, shocked.
"Come, . . . feel." I held my stomach as I felt the baby beginning to kick softly.
"Wow," he said, feeling the baby's kicks. "She was kicking hard, huh?"
I nodded my head, "Yeah, thank God, she stopped kicking so hard. Now, it's just soft kicks." I sighed deeply.
Nick smiled as he kissed my stomach.
I smiled.
"I love you," he told me, kissing my lips passionately. "I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost you."
"You'd go crazy," I smiled, kissing him back.