- Text Size +
"C'mon," I told Ally, who was standing there, shocked by what she just saw. We ran to the driver's cabin. I began to sail back to shore. Half a mile away, the boat lost it's gas. "Dammit!" I shouted.
"W-What's wrong?" she asked, looking at me worriedly.
"No more gas," I told her.
"Well, don't you have your cell phone here?"
"Last time I checked, the battery was dead."
She nodded. "So, what do we do now?"
I sighed. "You're going swim to shore. I'll keep the shark distracted."
"Nick, . . ."
"This is the only way, Ally."
"Nick, I-I . . . I just can't let you go like this." Tears were forming in her eyes again.
"It's the only way," I repeated.
She shook her head furiously, "No, no Nick, I'm not letting you do this. I can't let you go."
I looked at her. She stared at me back. I quickly grabbed her and kissed her lips hard and deeply. "I promise I won't leave you. I love you too much, in order to do that."
She looked into my eyes. "Nick, I'm so scared. I've never been so scared in my life. Losing you is my worst nightmare."
"I know. Mine's too, but you gotta be strong, babygirl. Have faith."
She sighed nervously. "Ok, but I love you."
"I love you, too."

We kissed again, and we felt the boat tip over. Water surrounded the room, and we were floating on it.

"I-I'm s-so c-cold," Ally shivered.
I swam to her and held her. "B-Baby?"
"M-Mmm," she said, looking at me.
"L-Let's t-try t-to find a w-way up," I told her, also shivering.
She nodded.

We swam up to the driver's cabin. I looked for a rope and a blade. Luckily, I had them in a cabinet full of first aid kits and such. We got out through a window that caused us to be out of the water and standing on the sinking boat.

"N-Nick?"
I looked at her.
"I-I heard that y-you s-shouldn't panic when w-with s-sharks. J-Just swim c-calmly. R-Remember, s-sharks are b-blind. T-They o-only know you're t-there because you move y-your legs a-and panic," she told me.
I just nodded.
"Kiss me before you go."
I kissed her using my tongue. I couldn't let her respond to the kiss. I wanted her to, but if I was gonna die, then let's get it the hell over with.
"I love you," I heard her say as I jumped into the water. I took a deep breath and dove under water, searching for the shark. I searched around. I swam slowly inside the sinking boat. I looked around for any sign of the shark. I swam up quietly and quickly. I gasped for air. I breathed in and out. The lights began to flicker. I looked down, and there was the shark.