- Text Size +
9am
I went to sleep for a few hours. I woke up on "our" bed and noticed Nick wasn't there. I remembered what happen the previous night. I sighed sadly, shaking a little bit. My eyes were still in tears. My worst nightmare has come true. I heard talking from downstairs. It sounded like the Carters' were here. I got up and went downstairs. The police were also here.

"Alyson," Jane began, "are you ok, honey?"
I shook my head disappointedly and sighed, still shaking. I noticed Angel, BJ, Aaron, Leslie, Bob, the guys, and the two policemen staring at my awkward walk towards the kitchen. Jane followed.
"Alyson, it'll be ok."
I began to cry after she said that. "It'll never be the same," I sobbed. "What's the point of living when I know I can't go through this?"
She cupped my face in her hands, making me look at her, "You will get through this. That is what he wants you to do. You gotta be strong. He will always be in your heart. I promise. You will get through this; I'll help you."
I nodded slowly.
"Now, go to the policemen. They want to ask you a few questions. They will try to find him."
I walked out of Jane's presence. All eyes on me. I ignored them and walked over to the policemen.

After about 10 minutes, the policemen went to the backyard to try to find the body. Hopelessly, I watched TV. The whole world knows Nick is gone.

"It is rumored that Backstreet Boy Nick Carter is dead after a shark attack. He and his girlfriend, also fianceé, Alyson Joa, were out on a romantic boat trip last night just a few hours before they were attacked. The boat, which he named after Alyson, sunk. He fought with the shark to save his fianceé. We'd like to take a moment of silence to remember our beloved Backstreet Boy . . . Nick Carter."

They showed the past Backstreet videos along with Nick's videos of when he was a solo artist. I ran upstairs to the room with Jane, BJ, and Brian following me. I locked the door and cried on the bed. "This cannot be happening," I cried. "It just can't."