- Text Size +
Chapter 10


You know? Cole can kiss my butt. So can everyone else in this crappy world…life…everywhere! I hate my life.

Life is long. People who say it’s not end up getting themselves killed or something, but us that face the truth just wait and wait to die. I mean, why act like life is short and get everything done before you’re 20? What if you live to be 90 years old? That’s like 70 years of doing nothing because you thought you were gonna die at 20! I’ll just do what I can until I die. If I die now, then I die. I’m not gonna go skydive last minute! What the heck.

But, life stinks, I guess you’re gotta smell it, right? Haha, I came up with that. Life stinks, smell it. Or life sucks, be sucked by it. I am hilarious.

But I swear I got like asthma or something cause after I came out of that dumb elevator, I couldn’t breathe…or Cole farted.

Anyways though, that was Brian! You remember that guy? Yea, well it was Brian! How do I know? It looked like him…and I just know.

So, I think he’s related to Kevin from Sloke. Yea, the one that fucked my mom? (Every guy has!) So I’m gonna ask him…if he knows a certain Brian.

But they don’t look alike…do cousins look alike? I don’t see mine much so…yea. But if your grandparents both were only kids and you mom and dad were only kids and they had two kids then you wouldn’t have cousins would you? Now that doesn’t apply to me but- I’m in a better mood. I just feel happy. And pretty…you know…that song…I feel pretty…well yea.

****

“Hey, Kevert.” I walked into Kevin’s room.

“Don’t call me that.”

“What you watching?” He looked panicked.

“A movie.”

“That’s not a movie. That’s like…kindergarten…”

“In a movie!”

I held up my hands. “Okay. So, let’s talk.”

“Go away.” Watch me stay longer.

“Who was that guy with you?”

“My cousin. He’s your age. Go play.” My age? So I’m right…

“What’s his name?”

“Go ask him.”

“I base whether I go to a person to talk to them on their name.” He just gave me a weird look.

“It’s Brian. Now go play.” No excitement, Nick, none.

“Last name? Where’s he from?” Just being safe.

“Littrell, Florida.” I nodded. So it is Brian!

“Where is he?”

“At Sloke eating. Now go play.”

I swear I was out of there so fast it was like a bullet out of a…….gun. But, you know, Brian wasn’t at Sloke. He was walking down the hall being slammed into by me. And not in that gross, sick was you gross, sick freaks!

“Ah!”

“Brian! Gosh, I didn’t know you were Kevin’s cousin! You should’ve like mentioned a name named Kevin and-“

“Nick? Oh, wow! Hi! Man, we have to talk.” Yay! He remembers me!

“Yea, let’s talk. Can we go to your room thing? Cause, its here and-“

“Yea, my room thing, let’s go.” Brian grabbed my arm and pulled me back to Kevin’s room thing.

“Kevin! It’s Nick, see? Come on Nick.” I laughed at the look on Kevin’s face. “So…you came here. Why didn’t you call? Or tell anyone! Or…anything! You just left and people were like, ‘Where’d Nick and Cole go?” Where is she anyway? I wanna give her a big hug and kiss.” He sat beside me on the bed in the bedroom. Since, you know, we did go in the bedroom.

“Well, my mom was just like, ‘can’t take this no more’ and like forced us into the car thing and we drove forever. And I don’t have your number! Plus, Cole’s changed.”

“Bad?”

“Bad. And Cloyd’s out because of parole or something. He’s already back to his old self…” You’re probably wondering why I’m tell Brian. Cause there is no one else to tell.

“That sucks. Doesn’t he have a parole officer or something?”

“Yes! They do crap! But anyway, what’s going on down there?”

“We went swimming again a couple weeks ago. Everybody wanted you there so you could jump off the high dive again.”

“Aw, they miss me? How cute! When are you going back?

“Later tonight.” He rolled his eyes. “Right when it would’ve gotten fun too!”

“I say, we go beat Kevin up for not introducing us…” His mouth dropped open. “Seriously, come on!”

We both laughed as we walked- heck, ran out of the room. Kevin turned around on the couch slowly.

“What were- are you two doing?”

“Nothing, Kevert.” Brian busted out laughing.

“Kevert?”

“Kevert the Pervert!” Brian laughed, giving me a high five.

“Get out you two!”

“I say we jump him.” Brian took off and I took off right after him.

“Get away, guys!”

Brian leaped onto Kevin with me right behind. Grabbing a pillow, I hit him in the head.

“And this is for not telling me Brian was here. And this is for that same thing. So is this!”

Brian laughed as he grabbed another pillow and did the same.

****
“I say you don’t leave. Or at least let me come with you. I hate it here.” Brian was leaving and you know? I had like 3 hours of fun. Compare that with like a year of hell. But hey, I got 3 hours of fun.

“Alright, you can come.”

“Seriously?”

“No.” Damn him. “I’d get shot and killed if I even asked.”

“Say Cloyd’s back!” Brian laughed. “Bri, I’m serious.”

“Nick! Don’t make me feel guilty. You know I would if I could but-“

“You can’t, right. I’m sorry. I know it’s not your fault. Nothing is really, I’m sorry.”

Brian laughed, again. “Shut up Nick.”

“But I was serious! Brian please, it’s building up.”

“What’s building up?”

“Everything!” He didn’t get it.

“Well, explain everything to me real quick.”

“It’s a lot of stuff. I’ll call you or something.”

“You don’t have my number.”

“Kevin has it. And he has a working phone.”

Brian nodded. “Okay. I’ll call Kev when I get home and tell him to tell you to call me.” Good plan.

“Okay.”

****

Brian’s gone! My life is over! Okay, not really but…jeez, I’m gonna die!

Okay I’m done. Sorry. But like I told Brian, it’s building up and I’m gonna crack. Something’s gonna happen and it’s gonna be bad. My life is shit! Cole, mom, Cloyd, Mr. Beck…why can’t it stop? Stop!

Okay I’m really done this time.

Well, after Brian left, I left. I’m walking now. Down the street. I’m thinking about walking to the mall. I’m gonna die soon, I can feel it. And I don’t wanna die a virgin. Maybe Kim’ll be at the mall. Yea, I’ll go to the mall.

So, it’s dark outside. And I’m walking to this mall thing that’s like a mile away. And- who the hell is that?

****

Colein Carter sat quietly staring at the television after the funeral.

“Almost a week after the killing of a teen, we’ve found the killer. Or rather, the killer found us. Cloyd Carter called the number we posted and turned himself in in the killing of 14 year old Nickolas Carter. Nickolas was found dead at the entrance of an alley-.” Cole clicked off the TV. She’d heard it all. Hell, they were even going to consider her as a suspect.

She found him. He wasn’t even dead yet, like they said, only passed out. He bled to death it seemed. Something like that. But he was dead. He twin brother was dead and their stepfather killed him. She didn’t even know what happened to him. He’d been on the news all week long. She hadn’t listened. Heard only bits and pieces.

Raped, stabbed, beaten…every night on every channel. The third time she heard someone at school say they were sorry, that was it. No more going to that damn school. Mom sure as hell wasn’t going to stay here either.

Brian and Aj were at the funeral.

So yea, Nick was right. Cole isn’t a virgin. She lost it when they first moved there. To some guy who offered her like a hundred dollars for it. Both her virginity and the sex. She regretted it but she was thankful for the money. She needed it.

Wow, she really misses Nick…he’s dead. ‘What happened?’ she thought.

****

“And tonight in the news we have another killing. Another killing of oneself. Colein Carter, twin sister to 14-year old Nickolas Carter, who was killed earlier this week, killed herself. She was found dead in their home apparently lying on her brother’s bed. Colein overdosed on pills and both brother and sister will be greatly missed. Funeral arrangements are being made. In other news…”



The end.












































How cool huh? Thanks for the reviews and stuff guys! Its been great writing this story and now that its over...it's gonna be hard...lol.