- Text Size +
“Nick? Why is Cloyd so mean? I mean to you. I mean sure he hits me but he likes to hit you. Like when he was talking to us. Both of us weren’t really listening to him and he only hit you! I wanna know why!”

“Do you think I actually know? What? Do you want to be hit more? I will ask him since you are too scared to. I’ll also tell him you are the one asking about it not me. Although I do wonder about it sometimes.”

I know I am weird. Asking a grown man why he hits you? That would be suicide! I know it would but if I die, who would he have to hit? He would have to hit Cole! Since she wants to be hit so much.

“Nick, shut up. You are such a brat.”

“No duh.”

What was that you ask? What did he want to talk to us about? He wanted to tell us about him leaving in a couple of days to go out of town. We don’t care! He could have told my mom! She got home like five seconds after he punched me too. Did he tell her? No, he didn’t tell her! He put us through all that torture! What did he do? He offered her sex. I think I left out the banging and all the moans. Sorry about that.

(10 minutes later)

They finished 5 minutes ago! Where have you been? My mom left. She left for her ‘job’. No mom equals pain. I was begging my mom not to go. But she went anyway.

The time was now 5:00. I think I did something wrong since I was in Cloyd’s room being lectured and beaten. That was until the doorbell rang. Cloyd went to answer it.

“Hello.”

“Um, hi. Are Nick and Cole here? I’m a friend from school. Aj McLean. He’s Brian Littrell.”

“Cloyd Carter. Nice to meet you. Yes, they are here. You can come in while I get them. Is that okay?”

Aj nodded. The two boys walked in and looked around.

“Sorry about the mess.”

“It’s okay.”

He then called for us, “NICOLE! YOU HAVE FRIENDS HERE!”

“COMING!”

“You don’t have to be so loud jeez. I can hear you perfectly fine.”

I knew he heard Cole say that and she would regret it later.

We walked down the stairs annoyance showing on our faces clearly. My face had some leftover pain on it though. He still wasn’t done with me yet.

“Hi. What are you doing here?”

“Hi and we just wanted to get to know you better. Is that too much to ask?”

“No. Sorry if it sounded rude.”

That was me talking people. I am really polite huh?

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about it. Wanna go to the park? It’s not that far. A couple of blocks actually.”

“Sure! Oh, wait. I have to ask my dad. Hold on.”

Cloyd had left the room when we came down. I walked up to his room.

“Are they gone?”

“No, can we go to the park? It’s only a couple of blocks away.”

“Fine. You can go. When will you be back? I don’t know. That is what you always say. You can go. Bye Nick. I’m not finished with you either. Cole got herself into some trouble too.”

“Okay. Bye dad.”

I walked back downstairs.

“We can go. Let’s go. Cole, you’re in trouble.”

“I didn’t do anything. I hate him.”

“Yes you did. You said he didn’t have to yell. That made him angry. Don’t make him angry.”

“What are you two talking about? I know I’ve been quiet, but me being quiet makes you wanna speak up? That is so weird. You want me to learn more about you. I now know that Cole hates her father and that your father has a short temper. Nick! You got something from him! A short temper.”

“Okay Brian. You have some things wrong. He’s not our father. Cole doesn’t hate our father. I didn’t get anything from him. I think that is it. Sorry that you got something wrong.”

“Oh. Sorry I said that.”

“Back to what I was saying before, Nick. I didn’t do anything and Cloyd is a butt hole. You of all people should know that.”

“I know I still haven’t asked him but I will later ok? You are crazy. You actually want more attention.”

“Okay. I think it’s time we talked about what happened at school. Brian, Nick, Cole, it’s time we formed a school group. Nick beat up the toughest guy in school. Brian got beat up by him. I get beat up by him. Nick, you are our lifesaver. Everyone bow down to Nick. All hail the mighty Nicky! All hail the mighty Nicky!”

While they did that, I smiled and walked away.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to the park. You can shine my shoes when we get there.”

“No way am I doing that! You two are on your own. I am his sister after all. All bow down to me!”

By the time she got there, we were gone.

“NICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I came up behind her and said,” Yes?”

“Jerk.”

I only laughed and led her down to the park.

“Finally! Nick, how did you do it? How did you do it? How did you win a fight with the toughest boy in school?”

“Did I hear he words Nick and fight in the same sentence? I think it’s time you came home with me Nick.”

Cloyd showed up when we started to talk about it. My life sucks right now. It really sucks. I am so dead.