- Text Size +
We're getting on the bus, we're on the bus, I'm sitting here annoying the teacher, why did I have to sit by the teacher anyway? I didn't even do anything. Well, I think we're almost there, at least that's what the teacher says......maybe. I don't know. She says we are but are we? That is the question that needs to be answered. Jeez, how do I do this stuff? Anyway, Cole went like on a different bus, YES!!!! I'm sorry. This is just like my talking jibberish paragraph. So you wanna know how I got to sitting with the teacher? Well:

See I was using the restroom! When, you remember that dude I got in a fight with?, well, he comes and pushes me. So I tell him I'm using the restroom here! And I told him not to touch me while I'm using the restroom or else. I mean when you gotta pea you gotta pea! Anyways, so he starts poking in the shoulder, so I turn around and I pea on him goddammit! I told him not to touch me! But does he get in trouble? No, I get in trouble because I took a pea pea on his pants! That's messed up! Come on now, yall gotta be with me on this one! Are ya with me? Please say you are.

The bus has stopped. It's still stopped. Woah dude. The teacher's talking!

"-and we want everyone to have fun but we had to make up these rules because we had to. Any questions?"

"What, may I ask, are the rules of the trade? We be good little kids and don't splash all around in the water? While you big people get to lounge? Is that it?" Me.

"Mr. Carter, I suggest that you straighten your attitude up before you are out of the water. Have fun." I wasn't trying to have an attitude. Just asking jeez...

We were off! Off the bus! Off that thing! Yes! No! Cole's coming! Must hide.....no she spotted me!

"Nick you remeber what Cloyd said right? Be easy?" Did he really say that? "Don't clown around?" Oh well.

" Yes I remember."

I heard a voice, saying my name! I hear it! Nick Nick NICK NICK!!!!! I turned around annoyed now, "what you want?" It was actually Brian and AJ.

" Nicky we got a dare for you! Will you take it?" I shrugged," Well, all you have to do is be the first kid to jump off that high dive. You know we're looking forwawrd to seeing you swim. Now what do you say?"

I think it over," Sure! Easy. I can do that. What do I get for it?"

"Nothing! But you said you would do it so now you have to."

I looked toward Brian, " This ain't some kind of trick to get me in trouble is it?"

"Nick, it's just that we're allowed to jump off the high dive,but everyone's scared too."

Wait a second! Did he say high dive? Oh no......I didn't know that Aj said high dive! Rewind back a bit, jump off that high dive, oh! Now I remember! He's still talking....let me do it now Brian!

"-and if you don't do it-"

"-I'll do it, I'll do it now. Ok? This is going to be so easy!"



So I'm walking along the side of the pool right? A bunch of people are in a line for the low small dive thing, Noone in line for the high one. I'll be the first! Looking at the lifeguard. He says go ahead! Try it! I say sure! Going ahead now.......climbing.......climbing......climbing...done.

Everything is quiet. Everyone's looking at me. Maybe I should cover up? Nah!

I slowly walk towards the end of the board. I look down, that was a bad idea, normally I just jump(like the roof incident)! I hate heights.

I bit my lip. I looked up, looked for Cole, saw her face, knew it was worth it!

I took a big jumping bounce on the board! I could feel all eyes on me! I love attention! I could feel myself going in the air. All eyes still on me. I'm lovin this! In a split split second I decided to do a cannonball, you know, to wake them up. I curled up. Mid air, not falling yet.

Falling....................................................................................................SPLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Under the water, I could only think how much fun that was, and then I poppped up! Everyone was wet! My best cannonball yet! I made up a rhyme! They were laughing! They liked me they really liked me! I heard laughing all around. People were just laughing. I'm waiting.......here it comes........... the yells!

"GO NICK GO NICK GO NICK GO NICK GO NICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I loved it! I loved it so much! After that, people just congratulated me. Hey if I was getting a big head then Cloyd would pop it. Why? Cole would tell my mom about it, my mom would tell Cloyd about it, I'd get in trouble, the usual you know? Cole hasn't learned........wait till tomorrow! Now that's gonna be some fun! Or maybe not.

I got Cloyd to deal with, I don't think I told you I gotta go with him to one of his friends' house now did I? I'm telling Cole everything that happened, she'll tell mom, mom'll find out, maybe my suffering will be over in the next couple days.

But if he did get caught, you only get a certain amount of time in jail before you're out.

Cloyd would kill me.