- Text Size +
“ When is the concert?” Nick asked sitting down in the dressing room.
“ Couple of hours. We’ve done our sound check and rehearsed so we are all set. We could check out the town.”
“ Yeah that sounds like fun. If we could find away to check out all the people.” Nick said smiling. Brian looked at his friend and shook his head.
“ Come on Nick. Let’s go find a basketball court.” Brian said standing.
“ Yeah D, you can come with me and we can do some shopping.” AJ said looking at his friend.
“ Sure sounds fine with me.” Howie said standing and following AJ from the bus. Kevin sat there and sighed he again had been left out of another day of doing things.
“ You coming Kev?” Howie asked peeking back into the bus. Kevin smiled and followed his friends from the bus. Howie looked at Kevin.
“ I thought you guys had decided I didn’t exsist.”
“ Why? I figured you’d automatically come along.” Howie said to him. Kevin smiled and walked down the street towards the large mall. Howie was glad to see Kevin and AJ both smiling again. He was even amazed that he himself was smiling. They had a concert in a couple of hours honoring his dead sister. He had his lupus foundation for Carline and now this benefit for Sabrina. It nearly killed him the day he had gotten the call five years before that his sister had been killed in a car accident on her way home from seeing him. She had come to tell him how excited she was to finally be in love and she was going to tell the man that she loved him. Howie still hadn’t had the heart to tell AJ she was coming to see him. He knew his best friend had been devastated the day he heard that Sabrina had been killed.
“ Hey D.”
“ Yeah Alex?”
“ How about tonight we do something special in memory of Rina.” AJ said smiling.
“ That sounds good. I know that you miss her.” Howie said to his friend.
“ I miss her but I’ve moved on and I am happy.” AJ said looking at him. Kevin watched the two friends talking. He had always cared for Sabrina but since she was with AJ he kept his distance and respected AJ.
“ So what was the idea J?” Kevin asked sitting down next to his friend.
“ The idea was maybe a scolarship fund.” AJ said.
“ Sounds good J. We will get the papers started tomorrow.”
“ Thanks Kevin.” AJ said sitting back. They made their way threw down looking threw the windows and going into stories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“ Mario.” Sabrina said into the phone.
“ What’s up babe?”
“ I am going into town and get some supplies was there anything you needed?” She asked.
“ Nope, we’ve got beer and other drinks.”
“ Yeah but that’s all we’ve got. We’ve got absolutely no food. So I am going to get some food and that should do us some good. Plus I thought while I was in town I’d get some of those oils that you like so much.”
“ Oh those scented ones and the flavored ones?”
“ Both if you’d like.” She giggled.
“ Good, I’ll see you tonight.” Mario said. “ Babe I gotta go they need me.”
“ Alright. Love you.”
“ Love you too.” Mario said hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Mario, what was that about?”
“ Ernesto that was Sabrina.”
“ What did she want?” Ernesto asked.
“ Wanted to know if I needed anything in town. She’s going shopping.”
“ Ah, are you sure that is safe?”
“ What do you mean?”
“ Her family is in town.”
“ What?”
“ Haven’t you seen the news today?”
“ I’ve been here.” Mario said, his voice showing the frustration and annoyance.
“ There was a poster all over town about it. Backstreet Boys concert in town raising awareness about drinking and driving. Dedicated to Sabrina Dorough.”
“ Damn it. She’s been mine for five years.” Mario said punching the wall.
“ Mario she still is. Don’t worry she wont remember them.”
“ She was supposed to have been killed here in this town that’s why they are holding the concert here isn’t it?”
“ Yep. Don’t worry about. Sabrina loves you and that’s all that matters.” Ernesto said heading into another room.
“ This has been going so well for five years, I wont let that little bastard have her back.” Mario said closing his eyes. He had remembered when he had first seen her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flash Back Five years before ~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Baby, please be careful.” AJ said kissing her. Sabrina looked at him and nodded.
“ I will now let me go say good by to my brother and I’ll be off. I’ll see you guys when you’re back in the area again.”
“ I wish you’d just move in with me. I don’t like the idea of living you here.”
“ Alex it’s only a four hour drive.”
“ Yeah I know but why four hours from the airport?”
“ Because I have a job here. Alex, be happy for me.”
“ I am, this is the job you’ve always wanted. Baby I am so happy for you.” AJ said kissing her as he spun her around. Sabrina giggled and then wiggled out of his arms.
“ If I don’t get going I’ll end up getting home really late and that would be a bad thing since I start work tomorrow. Alex I love you.”
“ I love you too Rina. I’ll come see you when we are back in the area.”
“ You’re going to be in England next week. I’ll be fine while your gone.”
“ Alright.” AJ said pouting as he walked over to his mother. Sabrina smiled and shook her head as she walked back towards Howie.
“ Hey big brother.” She said hugging him. Howie turned around and faced her. Big wasn’t even the term he’d use since she was taller than he was.
“ Hey, getting ready to head out?”
“ Yeah, I’ve got to catch the plane and then drive three hours home.”
“ Alright. Thanks for coming and congrats on your new job.” Howie said hugging her. He was highly surprised that she had flown in to see them.
“ Thanks. Love ya Howie.”
“ Love ya too.” Howie said kissing her cheek. Sabrina noticed that the plane ride was quiet and peaceful. She arrived to her destination earlier than she had expected but was surprised that it was raining heavily. She walked to her car and put her bag in the back and got in. She let the car run for a short time and then pulled out into the storm. Sabrina turned on the radio and listened to something on her way home. It was 8pm according to the clock meaning that she’d be home by midnight if she didn’t run into any problems. Sabrina looked out towards the road and then narrowed her eyes as she saw headlights coming towards her. Slamming on the breaks she turned her wheel and felt the oncoming car slam into her own.



Howie was sitting alone when the phone rang and his sister’s voice came on the other end.
“ Polly what’s wrong?”
“ It’s…it’s Rina.” Pollyanna cried.
“ What happened?”
“ She’s been killed Howie. Her car was hit in a head on collision. She was killed instantly. You are needed home.”
“ I’ll leave in the morning.” Howie said whipping the tears away. Howie hung up the phone and looked around the room. How was he going to tell AJ about this?




Sabrina woke up and noticed that she was lying on a bed. Moaning she sat up trying to get a look around the room.
“ How are you feeling?” She heard a male voice say.
“ My head hurts, my arm really hurts.”
“ You where given something a short time ago and it will take effect soon.” He said to her. Sabrina tried to focus her tired eyes on the man before her.
“ Who are you? Who am I?” She asked looking at him.
“ Your Sabrina. I’m Mario.” He said smiling at her. Sabrina looked at him and lay her head back.
“ Who am I?” She asked again.
“ The most wonderful angel ever to fall from heaven.” Mario said kissing her forehead. Sabrina looked up at him and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flash Back ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mario didn’t want to have everything he had with Sabrina ruined by the likes of those boys. He wouldn’t lose her to them. He had fallen in love with her the first time he had lay eyes on her and he wasn’t about to let her go to those boys. It wasn’t right that suddenly after five years they decide to hold a concert in the one place that she was.
“ Mario what is that all about?”
“ Nothing Mr. Demarco.” Mario said looking at his boss.
“ Those boys had you pretty mad. What did they do? I can get rid of them for you.”
“ Sir that would be the one thing I’d love for you to do. But I don’t think Sabrina would really appreciate it. The short latino is her brother.
“ Does our dear Sabrina know this?” He asked.
“ No sir she doesn’t and I’d rather like to keep it that way. She’s clueless about her past and she’s happy with me.”
“ She’s very happy with you and has been for the last five years. When are you going to marry that girl?”
“ Really soon sir. I want to make the proposal special for her.”
“ Good well business is done tonight why don’t you go home to that lovely girl and give her my love.”
“ Yes sir.” Mario said standing quickly and exiting the office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sabrina made her way threw town. It was busier than usual with the concert being in town. She made her way around people that where busily shoping for things for the concert. She really wanted to talk to Mario about the concert. It sounded like such a good cause the reason those nice boys where in town and with them being rich and all she was hoping they could give a sizable donation. Once she had finished her shopping she hurried to her car and drove to where the concert was being held. She watched as the stage was set up, for some odd reason she had a sence that she had seen this done before. She watched as the crew busied themselves trying to be ready for the following nights show. She could see five men standing on the stage set trying to practice all the while avoiding being stepped on by stage hands. She sat down in one of the seats towards the top and watched them with idol curioisty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Looks like we have a guest.” AJ pointed out seeing the figure sitting in the seats high above them. Howie narrowed his eyes and looked at the figure.
“ And for some odd reason she looks a lot like Sabrina.” Howie said starting up the stairs. He watched as the girl stood and hurried out of site as if she had done something wrong.
“ Miss? Miss?” Howie called out looking around. The girl was gone it was as if she wasn’t even there till he heard a car start in the lot and pull away.
“ You ok D?” Brian asked his friend.
“ She looked so much like Rina. Man I mean it.”
“ D, I saw her too. I had to look twice, maybe she’s a ghost just watching us during this concert.” Brina said.
“ Bri, she was to real to be a ghost and you damned well know it.”
“ Then maybe some girl lives around here that looks a lot like your sister. Don’t get yourself all upset over this. We have a concert in her honor tomorrow night.” Brian said looking at his friend.
“ I don’t know maybe I was seeing things” Howie said following Brian to the back. AJ stood on the stage looking at the now empty seat.
“ But I wasn’t. She was here. I always said she wasn’t dead. But if it’s her who does she love me or Kevin?”
“ What are you talking about J?” Kevin asked coming out onto the stage.
“ Nothing just thinking out loud. It’s a nice town, too bad we had to lose Rina to it.” AJ said looking at Kevin, he wanted to see the reaction he’d get and he got one, he could see the deep sadness deep in Kevin’s emerald green eyes. He had heard Kevin praying and crying at night, he knew that Kevin played strong but he knew when Sabrina died that night it hurt them all.
“ What would have happened if she had lived?” Kevin asked suddenly. AJ looked at his friend shocked at the question.
“ I think I would have asked her to marry me. If her heart was mine to ask for.” AJ said looking at the floor.
“ Why did she love someone else?” Kevin asked looking at his friend.
“ I don’t know she talked of another fondly I always wondered if he had her heart and I had everything else. I hated that feeling but I didn’t want her to settle for me if she was in love with someone else.” AJ said heading towards the back. Kevin stood there for a moment.
“ She did love someone else, but she loved you more.” Kevin said finally following his friend. Truth be told Kevin wouldn’t have ever come between Sabrina and AJ ever, even after he told her he loved her he let her go when she told him her heart belonged to AJ. That AJ was the man she could see herself being with in the future. If things had been different maybe, but they weren’t and he couldn’t change that now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sabrina rushed into her home and dropped her bags from shopping onto the couch.
“ Babe what’s wrong?”
“ What?” She asked looking up to see Mario standing there.
“ What’s wrong?”
“ Nothing I was just in a hurry to see you.” She said moving forward and kissing him. Mario kissed her lovingly and then looked down into her eyes.
“ How about we go to that concert tomorrow night?” He said with a smile.
“ Really?” She asked.
“ Yep, front row center. We will be right there, you can enjoy the concert and the money is for a good cause.” Mario said. ** And this could drive that latino absolutely insane.** He thought to himself.
“ Alright that sounds like fun. So when is the concert?” She asked.
“ Seven tomorrow night. So I will get off work early come home take my lady to a fine dinner and then we will go to the concert. Mr. Demarco sends his love.”
“ That’s nice. He’s a nice man.” Sabrina said kissing Mario again. He was happy she didn’t really know about what he and his boss did. All she knew was he was getting paid a lot and they lived in a fancy house.
“ So what’s for dinner my sweet?”
“ I had totally forgot. I don’t know.” She said looking at him.
“ Not a problem. Go change I’ll take you out. You seem to have had a hard day.” Mario said kissing her forehead.
“ I’m going to take a shower really quick.” Sabrina said heading out of the room. Mario stood there for a moment and then decided he would join his lovely girl in the shower. He waited until she had the water running for some time before he stripped of his clothing and climbed into the shower behind her.
“ Oh hello there.” She said turning around and facing him. Mario looked into her dark eyes and kissed her lips, then moved down her neck as his hands messaged her ass. His hand moved around the front and began to play with her moist folds, he knew everything and where to touch to turn her on.
“ Mario we wont get done for dinner this way.” She said as her breathing doubled.
“ Alright but remember we can pick this up later.” Mario said kissing passionately.