- Text Size +
Chapter 11
A few days later the girls had the apartment finished and Chelsea was recovering nicely. Chelsea could go on with normal life except the doctors orders were to not push herself or lift anything till her ribs fully healed. Chelsea, Rachel and Gina were watching Guiding light.
" I think Marah and Tony make a cute couple" Gina commented as she watched the couple on TV kiss.
" No they don't Marah is a ditz Tony belongs with someone else" Rachel argued.
Chelsea laughed. She didn't watch soaps so she was totally lost and hadn't the slightest idea what they were talking about. The phone rang interrupting the argument. Rachel got up and answered it.
" Hello".
"Hi Rachel can I talk to Gina" Nick asked timidly.
Nick was afraid of Rachel. He had remembered what she was like when they were younger and he thought she was scary than but now all the muscles she had from playing softball all those years and the fact that she owned a dozen baseball bats made him more terrified of her than ever. Rachel knew that and laughed into the phone at how pitiful he sounded.
" Hold on" She told Nick annoyed.
" Hey Gina Nick is on the phone".
Gina couldn't hide her surprise. " Nick as in my old friend" She asked. " No its Nick Lachey from ninety eight degrees he dumped Jessica Simpson for you" Rachel said sarcastically.
" Is it really?" Chelsea asked seriously.
Gina and Rachel both shot her the don't even go there look. Chelsea took that look as Rachel was being sarcastic again and she made a total fool of herself again.
" I'll just watch the rest of the show" She told them facing the TV. Gina took the phone and Rachel went and sat back down to finish watching the soap.
" Hello" Gina asked.
" Hey Gina its Nick".
" I wouldn't have guessed" Gina replied flatly. " So what's going on".
" I called because I know that I haven't really done anything to make up for my past behavior so I want to start now I was wondering IF you would meet me at the park where we met in forty five minutes" He asked.
Gina thought about it. He was right he had pretty much ditched her again and didn't think he deserved her friendship but than again it would be nice to try again and actually spend time with him.
" Please" He pleaded. " I promise you won't regret this".
Gina rolled her eyes at his poor excuse to convince her to go.
" Fine ill be there in forty five minutes" Gina finally answered.
" Great see you than bye Gina" He said excitedly.
" Bye Nick" Gina responded and hung up.
" What was that all about" Rachel asked suspiciously. " Since when does Nick make an effort to call you".
Gina sat down. " Nick called and wants to meet me at the park where we met" Gina explained.
" Are you going to go"? Chelsea asked.
" Yes I am" Gina responded.
" Why he has never done anything since you saw him again after five years and I can guarantee your bound to be hurt again" Rachel warned her.
" I thought you said that Nick and I would make the perfect couple" Gina questioned.
" Yeah I think you would but I think that you should wait till Nick dumps Mandy because you know that while Nick is dating Mandy that she will make sure there is no room for you and Nick will unintentionally blow you off" Rachel explained.
Gina knew what Rachel was saying made perfect sense.
" Well I think you should go maybe if you start spending a lot of time with Nick he will realize what a tramp he is dating and dump her sorry ass on the curb" Chelsea explained.
Gina could see her point as well. Gina shook her head.
" You both make excellent points and its confusing but IM going to go since I already told him I would go so ILL see you guys later.
Gina opened the door and nearly collided with a man carrying two dozen roses.
" IM so sorry miss" The delivery boy said.
" Its OK" Gina assured him.
" Is there a Miss Rachel Brooks living here," He asked.
Rachel came to the door. " That would be me".
" Here is two dozen roses and please sign here" He replied pointing to a slip of paper.
After Rachel signed it the delivery boy left and Rachel took the flowers and looked for a card. After she found the car she read it aloud it said:
Rachel
Here are two dozen roses for my sweetheart I miss you and IM hoping you will meet me at the deer creek lodge for a nice evening ill be waiting at seven.
Love AJ
" Awe" Gina and Chelsea said in unison.
Normally this is the part when Rachel would yell at them but instead said nothing and blushed with a stupid grin.
" Are you going to meet him"? Chelsea Asked.
" I don't know I don't want to leave you here alone since your not one hundred percent better yet" Rachel said.
" IM fine really I can do almost anything now and I know that you want to go and I want to you to go so go" Chelsea urged.
" Are you sure" Rachel asked one more time to be sure.
" Yes IM sure I appreciate the concern but IM not a baby I wouldn't mind enjoying time alone besides I may invite Ryan or Kevin" Chelsea assured her.
" Well ok than IM going to get a shower and get ready" Rachel said going to her room.
" I got to go before IM late see you later and have a little fun too," Gina said to Chelsea.
" I will good luck" Chelsea replied waving.
" Thanks" Gina said hurrying to her car.

Gina arrived at the park a few minutes early. She hoped that this would be the beginning of repairing their messed up friendship. Gina made her way up to the swings and saw Nick sitting on one.
" Hey Gina glad you came" He said with a smile.
Gina smiled back and sat in another swing beside Nick. There were a few minutes of silence.
Finally Nick said " Hey you want me to push you like old times".
Gina shrugged "if you want".
" I do" He answered.
Nick got up and started pushing her.
" The reason I called you here is I think the first step in repairing is to talk about what happened" Nick started.
" What's to talk about you broke a promise and never contacted me" Gina put it simply.
" I didn't know that you liked me," He said quietly.
" Yes I did" She confirmed.
" IM sorry I hurt you" He said.
" Nick apologizing isn't going to make me forget or fix it the point is we move forward to the future not backwards to the past" She explained. Gina really didn't want to get into it with him.
" Things are so awkward and I want us to feel comfortable around each other like we used to" Nick confessed. " I miss you calling me Nickers or Nicky and I miss you in general".
" I miss you too and you have to understand that its going to be like that for awhile but the more we hang out and talk on the phone the more comfortable we will get" Gina promised.
Nick Grinned. " IM feeling better already thanks" He said.
" No problem" Gina replied.
Nick looked at his watch.
" I got to meet Brian for a game of B-ball see I have been blowing him off too so IM going to make it up to him as well" He told her.
" IM glad" Gina answered.
Nick and Gina walked to their cars.
" ILL call you soon so we can do something again" He called to her.
" OK" Gina called back and got in her car and drove home.

Rachel nervously walked in to the lodge hoping she looked ok. The lodge was a very extravagant place and not in just dress wear and food but also prices. Rachel had showered and was almost late because she couldn't find anything to wear. Finally Chelsea had picked out a silky green long gown that slanted all the way down. Rachel had put her hair in a French twist. Rachel spotted AJ instantly at a table near a large window. As she made her way to the table AJ instantly stood up.
" Wow you look so beautiful tonight" AJ exclaimed.
Rachel blushed " You look sexy in a suit".
Rachel rarely ever saw AJ in a suit. AJ kissed her cheek and pulled out her chair. Rachel sat down and AJ put her chair in and than sat down himself. Rachel felt awkward. She wasn't used to fancy places and she certainly wasn't used to a guy with manners. Both started looking at their menus. A waiter came up to the table.
" What would you like to drink". AJ instantly ordered.
" We will have the Marlot".
The waiter nodded and left.
" Ok AJ what is the occasion" Rachel asked suspiciously.
" I just wanted to do something nice for you" AJ replied innocently.
The lodge had a dance floor and played jazz music.
" Would you like to dance ma lady" AJ asked in his best English accent. " Why yes" Rachel answered.
AJ took her hand and led her to the dance floor. The two danced so close that they forgot everyone else in the room existed. Rachel had never felt this way about any guy before and the perfect night with AJ treating her like a queen made her realize that AJ would never hurt her and she was ready for the next step.
" AJ" She whispered.
" Yes" He looked at her.
" IM ready to take the next step" She said.
AJ smiled widely. " Really you mean date as in boyfriend and girlfriend"? He asked.
AJ had to make sure.
" Yes IM ready". She agreed.
AJ picked her up and swung her around.
" How about we box up dinner than go back to my place and shag" AJ asked a mischievous glint in his eye. Rachel grinned.
" Lets do it".
Rachel and AJ ordered their food to go and went back to AJ's. By the time they reached the door to go in half the clothes were off and Rachel grabbed AJ'S balls than ran upstairs where they fucked all night.
Chelsea invited Ryan over after Gina and Rachel left. They had decided to order a pizza and watch Joy ride. They didn't make it fifteen minutes before they started a makeout session. Normally this was Chelsea's favorite activity with Ryan and she got so into it but that night she just didn't seem to be enjoying herself. Her thoughts would drift to Kevin and than she would shake it off and concentrate on the passion her and Ryan had but her mind would go back to Kevin. The passion that Her and Ryan used to have seem gone burned out. Ryan after awhile started to notice. He stopped kissing her.
" Chelsea what's wrong"? he asked.
" Nothing IM just tired" She lied.
" AWE why don't you put your head in my lap and go to sleep" Ryan suggested.
Chelsea nodded and wants she hit Ryan's lap instantly felt sleepy and soon fell into a deep sleep of Kevin.