- Text Size +
Chapter 17
" Ryan oh my god what are you doing here" Chelsea exclaimed.
" What no hug or kiss" Ryan asked playfully.
" OH sorry I am happy to see you its just IM shocked" Chelsea replied giving him a hug and a passionate kiss on the lips. " So you never answered my question what are you doing here"? Chelsea asked again.
" Well see after you left today I was sitting in my room missing you like crazy and I was near tears it hurt so I decided to come see you" Ryan explained.
" Awe your so sweet" Chelsea gushed.
Chelsea was actually happy to see him. She just wanted to forget about Kevin for awhile and what she had overheard. " So what do you feel like doing for a couple of hours" Chelsea asked.
" We are going to meet the group for dinner at about six so we have two hours to do whatever". " How about we go see some shops and look around town" Ryan suggested.
Chelsea smiled. "Sounds good to me".
The two walked outside of the hotel and in minutes had waved down a taxi. The two walked down town hand in hand checking out all the stores and in between had a two-minute make out session. Around five thirty they both decided it was time to go. As they were in the taxi heading towards the hotel Chelsea couldn't help but think about Kevin again. Ryan had done a great job keeping her mind off of him and she had felt some of that passion returning. She knew that when Rachel saw Ryan she was going to be making comments. The hard part was dinner and facing Kevin without wanting to cry.
" You ok honey" Ryan asked.
" Um yea why" Chelsea replied.
" You seem out of it today and just now you looked like you wanted to cry" Ryan explained.
"Shit" Chelsea thought to herself.
The last thing she need was for Ryan to get suspicious.
" IM fine I was just deep in thought" Chelsea said choosing her words carefully.
They arrived at the hotel and strolled into the lobby.
" IM going to go freshen up for dinner" Chelsea told Ryan.
" OK IM going to do the same I'll meet you here in the lobby and than we can go in together" Ryan told her.
" Ok see you later," Chelsea said walking away and waving at him.
Chelsea made her way to the hotel and used the key to open the door. Chelsea walked in to see Rachel blow drying her hair and Gina doing her make up.
" Hey guys what's up" Chelsea asked.
" Nothing" Both girls mumbled.
" You will never believe who is here" Chelsea exclaimed.
" Who" Gina asked.
" Ryan" Chelsea answered.
" Not even one day" Rachel said annoyed. " What's he here for anyway".
" He said that he really missed me and he came to see me," Chelsea said simply." We spent the last couple of hours looking around the town".
" I was originally going to by myself to keep my mind away from Kevin".
" I thought you were going over to Kevin's" Gina asked confused.
" I made my way to his hotel room and when I get to the door I heard him on the phone and it was Kristen" Chelsea explained sadly.
" Oh I get it" Gina said finally understanding.
" What did you guys do?" Chelsea asked.
" I went down to the weight room and worked out to clear my head" Gina replied.
She wasn't about to tell either of them about her encounter with AJ. She knew that if Rachel found out about her feelings for him she would never forgive her.
" That’s cool did you see AJ" Rachel asked.
" I ran into him when he was on his way out and he said that he was going to the weight room". " He was acting weird".
Gina silently cursed. " Um yeah I saw him and he was acting fine to me" Gina replied.
" You guys on the plane seemed to be getting along great," Rachel said innocently.
" Yeah I got a chance to know him and found that we have a lot in common" Gina answered. " So what did you do". Gina wanted to steer the conversation away from her.
Chelsea and Gina both saw Rachel blush profusely.
" Ok girl spill" Chelsea urged with interest.
" Its nothing really I was at the pool and Nick was down there and Mandy saw me in the pool with Nick so she got all snippy and I beat her up" Rachel confessed.
Chelsea and Gina looked at each other and cracked up laughing. Pretty soon Rachel joined in. Chelsea looked at the clock after they had settled down. It read five forty five.
" Shit I need to go get a shower and get ready IM meeting Ryan down in the lobby," Chelsea said running for the bathroom.

Rachel and Gina were one of the lasts to arrive at the dinner table. Chelsea and Ryan were the last people left to show up. The restaurant was a semiformal dress and had a big table with a number of candles lit. AJ and Howie both got up and escorted their dates to their chairs and pushed them in. Gina and Rachel glanced at Mandy who had a black eye forming on her left eye and probably a bruise on her shin where Rachel kicked her. Gina and Rachel stifled laughter's. Mandy just glared. Finally Chelsea and Ryan arrived. Gina saw Kevin's face fall.
" Hey guys I hope you don't if Ryan joins us," Chelsea said.
" Not at all" Brian replied looking over at Kevin who looked depressed. Brian felt bad. Chelsea and Ryan sat down.
" So how long are you here for" Howie asked.
" Only today and tomorrow than I have to go back because of work" Ryan answered.
During dinner the table was unusually awkward. The only people carrying on a conversation were Brian, Howie, and Ryan. Nick and Rachel kept looking at each other while Mandy seemed interested in the conversation. AJ and Gina were playing goo goo eyes while Kevin and Chelsea were trying to make eye contact. After they finished dinner Ryan stood up.
" I have something that I would like to share with everyone" He started.
The whole table's eyes were on him. " I came here to be with Chelsea because she means a lot to me and is my whole life". Ryan got down in front of Chelsea. And dug into his back pocket and pulled out a velvet black box and held it out to her. Chelsea opened it to reveal a beautiful big diamond ring.
" Will you do me the honors and marry me" He asked.
Chelsea's eyes got huge. She looked between Ryan and Kevin whose mouth was dropped open and looked about ready to cry at any given moment. Chelsea had no idea what to do. Yes she loved Ryan but she didn't know if she wanted to marry him for one or two reasons. One being she had feelings for Kevin and two she didn't even know if she was ready. Chelsea looked around at her friends as they awaited her answer. Finally she spoke.
" IM going to need some time to think about it".
Ryan got up and nodded. " You take all the time you need.
Chelsea couldn't believe this was happening to her. What in the hell was she going to do.