- Text Size +
Chapter 25
The rest of the week had gone pretty fast and before they all knew it Friday had come. It was the day before the barbecue at Nick's house. The gang was thankful that the weather was supposed to be nice. It was a beautiful blue sky with not a cloud in sight and the yellow sun shining brightly. That afternoon the apartment was chaos. Rachel yelled in frustration.
" God damn it".
Gina walked into Rachel's room. " What is wrong".
" Nothing only the fact that I don't have a bathing suit to wear at the barbecue" Rachel replied.
Gina looked in Rachel's hands and on the floor near her feet. Rachel's room on a normal basis was a mess but that day bathing suits took over.
" What do you call those" Gina asked pointing to her hand.
" These are so old and boring" Rachel complained holding them up and scrunching her face.
" Well why don't you go shopping for a new one" Gina pointed out. "How about I call Chelsea and the three of us can go to the mall and get new bathing suits I could use a new one too" Gina explained. " Besides its been awhile since we actually did something with just the three of us you know like a girls day" “
OK sounds good to me but we better hurry I don't want to be late" Rachel told her.
" Ok than I will go call Chelsea". Gina offered already out the door to her room to call Chelsea.

Forty-five minutes later the girls arrived at the mall. As soon as Gina called Chelsea both girls had thrown on a pair of clothes and were out the door. Chelsea had hurried like hell to get dressed knowing that Rachel and Gina would be pissed if she ran late on a day that they were in a hurry in. Chelsea remembered how cranky and mad Rachel had been the last time she was in need of a fast errand. Chelsea barley made it when they had come to pick her up because Kevin had wanted to "Play" some more. They had spent the day in bed just relaxing and being with each other.
" Hey guys" Chelsea said as she reached the backseat of Rachel's car.
" Hey you ready to go to the mall" Rachel asked.
" You bet so what all are we doing" Chelsea asked.
" We are going to the mall to get new bathing suits for the barbecue tomorrow and shop for clothes and stuff while we are there than we were playing to get something to eat" Gina explained.
" Cool I can't wait" Chelsea replied excitedly.
The rest of the way to the mall the car was silent except for the radio-blasting queen. They arrived at the mall thankful that on that particular day it wasn't all that crowded. The first store they walked in was Gadzooks. It was one of the best stores with bathing suits. Rachel looked around and spotted a light green bikini that was sparkly and had the play boy bunny logo on it. She smiled to herself. That was perfect for the look she going for. She wanted something skimpy and something that would make Nick go crazy. She looked through the rack and instantly found her size. She walked into the dressing room to try it on. Chelsea on the other hand was looking for something that would satisfy Kevin. Kevin was a good-looking man and she didn't want some blonde bimbo taking him away. Chelsea looked at herself and was happy for once about her weight. In the past few months she had lost thirty pounds. Chelsea searched the racks and couldn't find a thing. She was about to give up when something caught her eye. At the bottom shelf in the very back was a pink two piece that had a couple of very tiny jewels on it. Chelsea took it off the rack. It was the cutest two pieces she had ever seen. Chelsea smiled and prayed it was her size. It was the only one of that kind. Chelsea checked the size and was relived that it was. She made her way into the dressing room. Gina waited patiently for the two. None of the cute bikinis would fit her. Out of all the ones she looked at either the bottom was too big or the top part was too small. She decided that once they were done she would go and checks out Mish Mash. A couple minutes later Rachel came out of the dressing room.
" What do you think?" She asked.
" I think that Nick is going to be drooling some of that Carter drool" Gina replied.
" Ewe that’s gross but IM going to take it" Rachel answered.
Rachel checked the price tag. " Good think I brought my credit card" She muttered.
The bathing suit was two hundred dollars. Rachel went in to change back into her clothes. Chelsea came out holding the bathing suit in her hand.
" Aren't you going to try that on," Gina asked.
" I already did but IM not coming out with all these people around" Chelsea told her.
" So does it fit" Gina asked.
" Yep It does" Chelsea replied excitedly.
Chelsea's was a hundred and seventy five.
" I have my checkbook so IM going to go pay than we will hit mish Mash" Chelsea explained.
Rachel came out and the two paid for their suits and they all left the store.

A couple hours later the girls were tired and were hungry so they made their way to the food court. The food court contained a lot of booths to get food like McDonalds, Chipolte, Wendy, Taco bell etc. Rachel had chosen Chiplote since it was her favorite place to eat while Gina got McDonalds and Chelsea Taco bell. They found a spot and sat down to eat. Gina's feet were killing her. Gina at Mish Mash had found a cute baby blue Bikini. She had also bought a pair of sandals at OLD Navy and a pair of Jean shorts at Abricrombie. Rachel had found a green beach towel and flip-flops at Old Navy and a couple of tank tops. Chelsea had bought a pair of shorts at American eagle and a cute top at Old Navy.
"I think we are done for the day," Chelsea said with a sigh.
" Yeah I agree I think I maxed out my credit card again," Rachel added. After the girls finished eating they made their way out to the car. The mall was starting to get crowded. On the drive home the girls gossiped about everything from their guys to collage life. Rachel drove down one of the backstreets to get to Kevin's and was going past a bunch of shops. A certain store caught her eye. A few days earlier she had been on her way home from Nick's when she had gotten lost.
" Guys we are making a pit stop" Rachel announced turning the car into the parking lot. " I need to get something".
Gina turned and looked at Chelsea. " Yikes" they both said in unison.

Later on Rachel and Gina walked into the apartment after dropping off Chelsea. " I still can't believe you did that," Gina said shaking her head. Rachel's little pit stop had been to Eric the Tattooist. Rachel had added side wings to the butterfly she already had on her back and underneath the ends Kaos was written in Chinese.
" You think Nick will like it"? Rachel asked.
" I think so". Gina replied.
Gina while waiting for Rachel had gotten her cartilage on her ear pierced. Chelsea had refused to get anything. Rachel walked into the living room and checked the messages on the machine. There was only one. Rachel pressed the play button.
" Hello IM calling for Rachel Smith IM Professor Miller please call me I have something I need to talk to you about the number is 555-1247 thanks". Rachel picked up the phone and dialed the number curious of what her Journalism teacher wanted.
" Hello" a woman's' voice greeted.
" Um yes hi this is Rachel Smith you called earlier," Rachel said.
" Oh yes Rachel I called because after looking at your article I was pleased and taken back at how good it was" The professor started.
Rachel smiled. " Um thank you".
" I thought it was so good that I submitted it to The Florida paper as well as the channel ten news are you interested" she asked.
" Of course" Rachel answered.
She needed a job badly and broadcast Journalism and writing was her dream careers.
" Of course" Rachel answered excitedly.
" That’s good you will be writing scripts and filming projects at the station and than at the newspaper office you will write a column and be an assistant editor" Professor Miller explained. " You will have to call them to get more information about your duties and they will also tell you how much you will be making and when you can start".
" Thank you so much I appreciate everything you have done" Rachel said.
" I didn't do anything it was you writing that A+ paper you should be proud" She answered.
Rachel chatted a few more minutes before hanging up. Rachel ran to Gina's room to tell her the good news but Gina had already fallen asleep.
" Ill tell her and the rest of the gang tomorrow at the barbecue" Rachel thought.
Rachel walked into her room and got ready for bed happy for the first time in her life everything was perfect.

The next day all three girls were making there way up the walkway at Nick's house. Each girl dressed in there new bathing suits. Kevin had left early before Chelsea had woken up so he hadn't seen her swim suit. Chelsea had gotten a ride with Rachel and Gina since she would be riding home with Kevin she didn't want to drive her car there. They girls were happy that the weather was nice. It was sunny with very little humidity. Rachel rang the doorbell. Brian answered the door.
" Wow ladies you all are looking good" Brian whistled.
Gina shook her head while Chelsea blushed. Rachel rolled her eyes.
" That’s a cheap line Brian besides your married" She reminded him.
Brian laughed. " I know that".
The girls followed Brian out to the pool area where all the guys were. Howie was sitting out on a lawn chair while Kevin was yelling at Nick about how to use the grill. AJ was already swimming in the pool.
" Hey guys" Chelsea greeted.
All the guys turned to stare. Kevin slowly walked over to Chelsea.
" You look great " Kevin said a wide grin spreading across her face.
AJ whistled and got out of the pool. "Damn girl". AJ grabbed Gina and gave her a big kiss.
Nick slowly made his way over to Rachel. " Um you look uh wow" He stuttered.
Rachel grinned loving her boyfriend making an idiot out of himself. Nick started groping her and kissing her. Rachel looked over her shoulder. " Um Nick is the grill supposed to be on fire like that". Nick turned around.
" Oh shit" He ran and got the fire extinguisher and put it out.
" That was a close one' Rachel muttered.
" I guess we are ordering pizza," Brian said. "Ill go call".
Everyone laughed and Nick turned red with embarrassment. Nick pouted.
" You guys are always laughing at me".
" Awe poor baby here this will make you feel better" Rachel; said turning around.
" Wow you got your butterfly finished" Nick said. " Its cool I like it".
" Also you see the Chinese writing under it"? Rachel asked.
" Yeah" Nick replied. " Guess what it says in English"?
Nick just shrugged.
" I figured that it means Kaos as in your nickname." Rachel told him.
" Awe that’s my nickname that’s so cool" Nick exclaimed. " That makes me feel a lot better.
Rachel decided now was as good as time as any.
" I have an announcement to make".
Everyone turned to her. " You guys remember the article I did for my journalism class"?
" Yeah" Gina answered.
" Well last night my teacher called and said that she thought it was so good that she sent it in to the newspaper and the channel ten news I now have a job at both places" Rachel explained.
" Awe that’s great" Nick said excitedly.
He picked her up and spun her around.
" This is a celebration". Nick went and gave everyone a can of beer out of the cooler.
" To Rachel may her new job lead her to great things".
Everyone raised their glasses and toasted her. Nick than turned on some music. The party was in full swing. They all played chicken fighting in the pool. Nick and Rachel one were beating Gina and AJ in the finals. Kevin and Chelsea were busy making out in the lawn chairs not noticing that there were tons of people around. AJ walked on to the diving board and did a flip into the pool. Gina laughed as she watched her boyfriend showing off. After he came up he swam to the edge. " Baby get it the water is fine" He urged.
" Ok what the hell I bet I can do a better flip than you" Gina challenged playfully.
" Ok than let see it" AJ said.
Gina with a smirk walked on to the diving board getting into position. Gina than jumped but as she jumped her feet slipped out from under her and as she fell in the pool her head cracked on to the diving board and that was the last thing Gina heard before everything blacked out.