- Text Size +
Chapter 3
After school that day Gina walked home in deep thought.
"How can I be in love with Nick he is my best friend".
She had grown up with him it wasn't supposed to be this way. But the fact remained that she not only liked him but also was majorly butt crazy in love with him. Her best friends told her to tell him how she felt but she just couldn't. She wanted to but if it were between telling him and Nick not feel the same way and their friendship be ruined to not telling him and them still be the same best friends as they had always been then she knew that the decision was picking friendship over love. Gina decided that she wouldn't tell him because she treasured their friendship more than anything in the world did. Gina arrived home and walked up to her room to watch TV. She sighed after the first few minutes of the show. She sighed. "I need to talk to someone," She said finally to herself as she picked up the phone.
She dialed Chelsea's number. After like three rings she finally picked up.
"Hello".
"Hey Chelsea " Gina greeted back.
"Hey Gina what's up?" Chelsea asked.
Gina took a deep breath" I just got a lot on my mind".
"Awe IM sorry I would love to talk but Ryan is here" Chelsea answered apologetically. Ryan was Chelsea's long time boyfriend that went to a different school. They had been going out almost a year.
"Its ok I let you go than" Gina said.
"OK I'll call you back later" Chelsea replied.
"Ok later girl" Gina hung up the phone and lay on her bed.
She eventually fell asleep.

Gina woke up a few hours later. The clock on her nightstand said seven thirty. Gina yawned and got out of bed.
"I guess should get going on my homework" Gina thought unhappily.
She was about half way done when her room door burst open. Nick came flying at her and tackled her out of her desk chair on to the floor. Nick was breathing hard.
'You will never guess what just happened".
Gina got up and straightened her clothes after Nick got up from lying on top of her and looked at him skeptically. She hadn't minded that he was top of her. Gina thought he looked so hot when he got excited like a puppy dog wagging his tail. Finally Gina answered.
"I give up".
"Well remember when I told you today that I had that audition for a group that Jive was trying to put together," Nick asked.
Gina vaguely recalled him mentioning that to her.
"UM yeah I remember".
"Well I got picked along with four other guys and now we are going to get a record deal and start recording songs on a CD we are gonna make" Nick explained excitedly.
Gina's face lid up. "Oh my god Nicky you did it IM so happy for you" She squealed hugging him tightly.
After they separated Nick's face than fell.
"Nick what's wrong" She asked concerned.
"Well the down side to this is IM not going to be in school anymore because I have to go to Europe to record for five months" He said sadly.
Gina felt like crying. But she wanted to be strong for Nick so he wouldn't think that she didn't support him.
"When do you leave?" Gina finally asked after a few minutes of awkward silence.
"That’s the worst part cause see I have to leave tomorrow" He replied softly.
"IM gonna miss you so much nick" Gina said softly on the verge of tears.
She could tell Nick was struggling to keep the tears from falling.
"IM going to miss you to Gina and I promise I will write you and call you everyday and ill come and visit as much as I can" He said.
"IM going to hold you to that" Gina promised.
"Well I got to go home so I can pack but I will be back tomorrow morning before I leave and before you leave for school" He said.
"Ok see you tomorrow Nickers" Gina said.
" Bye Gina" He called walking out the door.
As soon as Gina was sure Nick was out of hearing range she burst into tears. After an hour she dialed her two best friends and told them to meet her in her room. After they had came into her room she told them about Nick.
"What am I going to do" Gina asked sadly.
"You need to tell him before he leaves" Chelsea advised.
"I told you before I can't" Gina argued.
"Fine but you will live to regret it" Rachel warned.
Gina sighed. 'What am I going to do without him".
"You will get through it you have others friends and he will write and call you everyday IM sure" Rachel replied.
"Well he did say that" Gina recalled.
" See everything will be fine" Chelsea said sympathetically.
Gina shrugged. "Let's talk about something else".
Chelsea and Rachel stayed till ten talking and doing everything they could to get Gina to forget about Nick leaving for the time being. After they left Gina got ready for bed and attempted to fall asleep.
The next morning came by too fast and Gina dreaded it. She woke up and got ready for school than walked over to Nick's house. Nick was in his room finishing up his packing. 'Hey Nick" Gina said as much enthusiasm as she could muster.
"Hey Gina" He replied back with a small smile.
"When do you leave?" Gina asked.
"In a few minutes" He responded.
After a minute of silence Nick broke it by saying "I have something for you".
He walked over to his table and gave her a box. Gina opened it and found a small ring with a single diamond. The tears that Gina had been trying not to shed finally came out. "Oh Nicky it's beautiful you didn't have to but thanks".
Nick smiled. 'I wanted too it’s a friendship ring I have one too" He showed her his finger that revealed the same thing only a mans ring. "Think of me when you wear it and remember no matter how far we are apart you always be my best friend".
Gina ran to him and hugged him. They sat there holding each other till they heard his mom.
"Nick time to leave".
They both let go and Nick went and picked up his bag.
"IM going to miss you so much" Gina said.
"IM going to miss you too and I promise to call you and write everyday" He promised again.
"You better and call me when you get there" Gina reminded him.
"I will bye Gina" Nick replied and walked out his bedroom door.
Gina walked out and waved as he got in his moms car and drove away. Gina then started walking to the bus stop totally alone and blinded by her tears of sorrow.