- Text Size +
Chapter 30
Gina started humming to one of her favorite Christmas songs jingle bell rock. It was now a week before Christmas and Gina was putting up the decorations in the apartment. Gina remembered back to a few months earlier when she had received her memory back. AJ had called everyone and they had all come over and celebrated. Gina had been so confused what was going on till they explained about the accident and her losing her memory. Gina had then gone back to school and was doing really well. Right now the girls were currently on Christmas break and didn't have to go back till the middle of January when winter quarter began. Also her and AJ were doing so well and she couldn't be happier. There was a knock at the door. Gina put down the wreath and opened the door. "Hey Gina" Dean greeted. Over the past few months Dean had come to be her good friend and her study partner since they were in the same class and he was a straight A student.
" Hey Dean come in" Gina replied opening the door wider letting him get through. " What's up".
" I decided to stop by to see what you were up to" Dean responded.
" Oh that’s cool IM not doing much of anything really just decorating the apartment with Christmas decorations". Gina sighed.
" All alone"? Dean asked.
" Yeah I do live here myself" Gina shrugged.
"How about I help you I mean its not any fun doing it alone and since IM already here I want to help" Dean explained. Gina smiled.
" Awe that’s so sweet of you of course you can help" Gina answered.
" Ok so what can I do"? He asked.
It didn't take that long to put everything up. Not only was it because the apartment was small but because Gina had the help of a good friend who kept her company and was making her laugh the whole time. By the time the two were finished the place looked ready for the holidays.
" Thanks for the help Dean what do you say I make us a glass of egg nog" Gina asked.
" That would be great" Dean replied.
Gina was almost fined making the eggnog when there was another knock at the door.
" Coming" Gina, yelled. Gina opened the door and was faced with AJ.
" Hey sweetie" AJ said giving her a hug and kiss.
" Hey AJ come in and join the party" She replied.
" Party"? AJ asked. " Who else is here".
AJ walked in ant noticed Dean sitting on the couch. Dean looked over.
" Hey man".
" What is he doing here?" AJ asked through clenched teeth.
"AJ he is my friend he helped me put up decorations" Gina replied.
Dean could sense the tension. " Um I better be going".
" No its ok stay" Gina urged.
Dean got up and walked to the door.
" I can't I have a few things to do I will see you later" He answered.
" Ok than see you later" Gina sighed.
She walked him to the door and watched him leave. Than she closed the door and turned to look at AJ.
" AJ what is your problem".
AJ could see she looked annoyed and frustrated with him.
" Look IM sorry I just get insanely jealous can we just forget about that and enjoy the rest of the day" he pleaded.
Gina smirked. " Ok I forgive you lets just enjoy each other's company".
" Ok" AJ said leaning in and kissing her.

Rachel stumbled into the house. She was exhausted. It had been a long week and all she wanted to do was take a hot bath and go to bed. Work had been hectic after one of the top editors quit, which left Rachel to do her job as well as her own. They had been working on two big stories that were going to be published the first of the week before Christmas so they had been busy and that day had finally finished the articles. Right on the deadline.
" Nick" Rachel called. " I am home".
She was answered by silence. Rachel walked into the kitchen and noticed a piece of paper on the counter with her name on it. Rachel picked it up and read it.
Dear Rachel.
Went out earlier today with Brian. I had some last minute shopping to do. (You know me) if you get this it means your home before I am and I'll be back as soon as I can. I love you.
Love, Nick
Rachel smiled and rolled her eyes. She had done her Christmas shopping already and had been done since Thanksgiving. Rachel's stomach growled and she made her way to the refrigerator where she had stocked up on a week's worth of Chipolte burritos for dinner since she would be too busy to cook or do the shopping and she didn't trust Nick to do either things. After she ate Rachel walked in to the bathroom and filled the bathtub up with warm water then added bubbles to it. Rachel got in and started to relax. Rachel must have fallen asleep because before she knew it she felt someone joining her. She opened her eyes and was face to face with Nick. " Hey' She yawned. " When did you get home".
" A few minutes ago" Nick replied. " You look tired".
" Yeah I am thank god IM done with the deadlines and can relax for a bit" Rachel answered.
" Turn around" Nick instructed.
" What Why" Rachel questioned.
" Just do it" Nick urged.
Rachel did as Nick said and could feel Nick rubbing her back getting out all the knots. " That feels good" She moaned. Nick smiled glad he could be of some help. Nick's hands started to move lower and lower.
" Nick what are you doing" Rachel asked.
" Nothing" Nick said innocently.
Nick started kissing her neck and back.
" Getting turned on yet" He whispered in her ear.
" You know it" She replied turning around kissing him passionately.
The two were yet again at it.

Chelsea and Kevin finally made it back to their house. Both were out of breath.
" Wow this is fun," Chelsea said.
Chelsea had gone on her annual morning jog something she did everyday to help keep her fit, and so she wouldn't gain any excess weight also it was a great stress reliever. That day Kevin had decided to join her assuring her he was still in good shape.
" Yeah it was IM not tired at all" Kevin lied.
" Sure Kevin keep telling yourself that I know that you know that you're out of shape" Chelsea pointed out.
Kevin made a face. Kevin always made that face when he knew that she was right. The two made their way into the house.
" IM going to run and get a shower" Kevin announced.
" Ok but hurry up cause I need one too" Chelsea said.
" Ok I will" Kevin replied giving her a quick hug and kiss.
" Ewe you're all sweaty" Chelsea complained.
" I know that’s what guys do a lot" Kevin grinned running up the steps.
" Oh and by the way don't waste all the hot water" She called.
Chelsea walked and grabbed her bottled water out of the freezer and attempted to take a swig.
Damn Ice' She cursed.
The phone ringing interrupted her thoughts. Chelsea grabbed the cordless.
" Hello".
" Hey Chelsea it's me".
" Oh hey Ryan what's going on?" She asked.
After the run in with him at dinner Ryan had called her and the two had talked and decided on being good friends. Kevin naturally wasn't happy about it but supported her anyway knowing that being friends with him would make her happy and Chelsea had assured him that she would never take him back and leave him. She also had reminded him that She had known Ryan a lot longer then him. Chelsea chatted away with Ryan for ten minutes till Kevin appeared.
" Hey I got to go Ill talk to you later" Chelsea said.
" Ok talk to you later bye" Ryan replied.
Chelsea hung up with him and turned towards Kevin.
" Ok IM going in" Chelsea chirped and started walking up the stairs.
Kevin grabbed her arm and kissed her hard on the mouth.
" I love you so much" He whispered.
" I love you too Kevin" She replied and made her way up the stairs and into the hot warm shower.

A week later Christmas morning day arrived and everybody had decided to get together and open presents over at Nick and Rachel's house. Rachel was a little suspicious wondering why they weren't doing it separately. But Nick had said that considering the year everyone had it would be nice to celebrate together. Rachel had to admit that she was a little disappointed that she wanted to have time for just Nick alone but then she figured she could at night and she wanted to see the group together. Rachel looked around. There was AJ, Chelsea, Kevin, Gina, Howie and his on and off girlfriend Claudia, Brian and his wife and newborn son, and of course Nick and his parents and his siblings and of course Denise. Rachel was a little curious why he wanted to invite them but figured he wanted to see them.
" OK presents time" Jane called.
Everyone found a place in the living room and she passed out all the presents under the tree.
" Ok I have an announcement to make" Nick yelled getting everyone's attention. " Ok I have a little something for Rachel now Rachel go and look in the stocking that’s hung up on the fireplace.
Rachel looked at him weird but went ahead and looked in the stocking. Inside the stocking Rachel found a Wedding album, a wedding dress catalogue and jewelry cleaner.
" Nick what is all…" Rachel asked turning around and stopped in mid sentence when she saw Nick down on one knee in front of her holding out a velvet black box that was open to reveal the biggest diamond ring she had ever seen.
" Rachel I love you with all my heart and soul and I want to spend the rest of my life with you will you marry me" He asked.
Rachel was stunned to say the least. Rachel started to cry something she never did. " Yes Nick I will marry you" She said through her tears.
Nick grinned and picks her up and swung her around the room. Rachel squealed and giggled.
" You have made me the happiest man alive" He yelled.
The group was in tears. Jane walked up to Rachel.
" Welcome to the family" She said.
" Thank you Jane IM honored to become a Carter" Rachel said gratefully.
" Oh please call me Mom," She said.
Everyone was hyper and in excitement about the new engagement. AJ took Gina's hand.
" Come here I want to talk to you in private".
Gina nodded and AJ led her into the kitchen.
" I just wanted to say that the one thing I want for Christmas is something that you can do for me" AJ started.
" Ok what's that" Gina asked.
" I wanted to know if you would move in with me" He said.
Gina grinned. " I thought you would never ask" She replied and kissed him. The two made out for five minutes.
" Ok we better go out and join the party now" Gina said.
" Ok think we should tell them" AJ asked.
" No lets not ruin Rachel's and Nicks day we will tell them later" Gina told him.
AJ nodded and the two joined the celebration.