- Text Size +
Chapter 33
" Excuse me what did you just say I know that I didn't hear right" Kevin babbled.
" Listen Kevin I know that it comes to you as a shock but there could be a possibility and I strongly believe that for Zack's sake we owe it to him and ourselves to find out" Kristen said.
Chelsea was in complete shock.
" How can this baby be mine Kristen I mean we haven't been together since before we broke up over a year ago" Kevin asked totally confused.
" See we were together once after we ended our marriage remember it was when you were on the tour last June in New York.
Kevin closed his eyes and remember back to that time. He remembered being depressed about Chelsea because Ryan was in town and had just proposed and Kristen came to visit. Suddenly everything came back to him.
" I remember," He said quietly.
Kevin heard Chelsea escape a sob and ran out of the room. Kevin longed to run after her.
" I can see why she would be upset," Kristen said.
" I want to know who is the father of Zack whether it's you or my exboyfriend so I suggest that we take a paternity test.
" I agree totally how about we go to the hospital tomorrow and get it done" Kevin suggested. " I want to know as soon as possible".
" OK sounds good" Kristen agreed. " Well I better be going'
Kevin walked Kristen to the door. As she started to walk out the front door she turned to Kevin. " IM really sorry if I have caused any problems between you and Chelsea but I just have to know".
" Its OK I would like to know if he is mine because if he is I want to take full responsibility and be a father" Kevin replied.
After Kristen left Kevin went in search of Chelsea. HE found her in there room packing a suitcase.
" What are you doing" Kevin asked.
" Away" Chelsea said flatly.
Kevin grabbed her arm and spun her till she was facing him.
" WHY"? He demanded.
" Because I can't stand to be around here right now" She answered. Chelsea yanked her arm away from Kevin and continued taking clothes out of the closet and folding them neatly into the laid out suitcase.
" I don't want you to leave" Kevin protested.
" Look Kevin I don't want to lose you and right now I just need time to digest this and what is going to happen if you’re the father of that little boy"? Chelsea asked.
" IM going to be a father to him don't you dare be telling me that you don't want me to be in his life cause I will be no matter what" Kevin told her his voice starting to get loud.
" That’s not what IM saying at all" Chelsea sighed in frustration. " What IM getting at here is if you are his father you and Kristen will probably want to give him a stable home which means you are going to become a family am I right" Chelsea asked.
Kevin remained quiet not sure what the answer to that was.
" That’s what I though," Chelsea said quietly.
She zipped up the suitcase and walked out to her car and out it into the trunk. Kevin slowly trudged behind.
" Please don't leave" He begged.
" Listen Kevin its not like IM leaving you call me when the results are in of the test then we will decided to go from there" She told him.
" Where will you be staying" Kevin asked.
A few tears slipped down Chelsea's cheeks.
" I will be at a hotel in town" She replied.
" A hotel"? Kevin questioned. " Why a hotel"?
" I don't want to impose on my friends because one is a newly wed and the other just moved in with her man besides I need to be alone" Chelsea answered.
Kevin nodded his eyes welling up as he watched Chelsea slide into her car. " Ill be in touch bye Kevin" She whispered.
As Kevin watched her car disappear all he could do was fall on his knees and cry.

" Papa don't preach IM in trouble deep and I have made up my mind…" Rachel sang. Rachel was in the study typing up her article for the newspaper that was due the next day on her laptop. In her ears was her headset. She had put in the Osbourne family CD and was singing along. She was so into the music she didn't even here Nick come in from his recording studio and stand they're smiling. Nick slowly trudged up to her and took the headset off.
" Hey Baby" He whispered seductively in her ear.
Rachel jumped up and screamed. Nick started to crack up laughing.
" You die now," Rachel said getting up and smacking him.
' Hey that’s abuse there missy" He joked.
" Nick haven't we already established that you do something that pisses me off you die" Rachel pointed out. " Better yet ill go get the baseball bat from the trunk of my car".
Nick took her hand. " IM sorry it was just a joke".
" That’s better I win again" Rachel smirked.
Nick rolled his eyes. " Only cause I let you win".
" You wish" Rachel replied getting back to her typing.
" You know you sing really good" Nick commented a few minutes later.
" Yeah sure" Rachel said not looking up from the computer.
" No IM serious ever thought about auditioning for a record deal," He asked.
" Yeah I have but I would be crushed when they shot me down" Rachel explained.
" What would you say IF I got you an audition for one of the managers?" He asked.
" No Nick I wouldn't do it" She replied.
She knew where this conversation was heading.
" Why you would knock them dead" Nick urged.
" No Nick I don't want them to accept me just cause IM dating you and I just don't think it’s a good idea now can we please just drop it" She pleaded.
" Fine" Nick sighed in defeat.
Nick really believed that she was good but he knew that to convince her was pointless.
" There has got to be a way," He thought as he left the room.

Gina sat in the big armchair with a pop and chips and was intently staring at the TV watching one of her soap operas. AJ walked down the stairs and into the living room to sit by her.
' What are you watching"? He asked.
" Soaps" She murmured. " Which one" He asked.
" Young and the restless isn't Billy and Mac a cute couple" she sighed.
AJ rolled his eyes. He never got what she found so interesting about those types of shows. After it was over Gina turned to him and smiled.
" So you have anything planned for today"?
" Nope just spend the day with you since you don't have to work" He replied with a grin.
Gina scooted closer to him till she had her head lying on his shoulder.
" This is nice".
" Yeah it is" AJ agreed.
The phone rang interrupting the moment. AJ grumbled in frustration. Lately they hadn't much time to spend together with her working and school and when they did there was always an interruption. Gina ran to answer the phone.
" Hello".
" Hey Gina this is Nick"
" Oh Hey Nick" Gina greeted a little confused on why he would be calling.
" AM I calling at a bad time"? He asked.
" Yes" AJ, yelled into the phone as he was passing Gina to go into the kitchen.
" No not at all want me to go get AJ," She asked about to call AJ back into the room.
" UM No actually I was calling to ask a favor of you" He replied.
" OH" Gina said surprised. " What is it".
Nick explained the dilemma about Rachel not wanting to audition.
" I understand that I remember in high school we sang in the choir and I used to tell her she had a really good voice but never believed me" Gina told him. " She always wanted a record deal".
" So than you will help me convince her to do it" Nick asked hopefully.
" You have a better chance of getting into Harvard then having anyone including Chelsea and I to convince her to try" Gina explained.
" But I will help you figure out a way to get her to do it is just going to have to be a little sneaky".
" Oh really what do you have in mind" Nick asked.
A plan started to form in Gina 's head.
" Oh I think I have a plan" A mischievous smile forming on her lips.