- Text Size +
Chapter 34
Three days later Kevin paced the house trying to find something to do to keep from going insane. Today was the day that Kevin would find out if he were the father of Zack or not. He was going crazy without Chelsea. She had called once the day before to tell him where she was staying. They had a five-minute conversation and the whole time she was distant, cold and very depressed. The past two nights Kevin hadn't slept worth a damn. The doorbell rang and Kevin went to answer it. He opened the door to find Rachel.
" Hey Kevin what's up" she asked.
Kevin opened the door wider and ushered her in without saying a word.
" So where is Chelsea"? Rachel asked.
" She isn't here" Kevin replied.
" OK when will she back?" she asked.
" I don't know" Kevin shrugged.
" Well I have nothing better to do so I will wait if you don't mind" Rachel said.
" Don't bother" Kevin told her sadly. " I don't know when because she left two days ago".
Rachel narrowed her eyes. " Kevin why would she leave" She asked.
Kevin sighed and they both sat down while Kevin explained the whole situation.
" Wow poor Chelsea I don't know why she didn't come to me or Gina she could have stayed with one of us" Rachel said.
"She told me that she figured you wanted time alone since you and Nick are newlyweds and AJ and Gina just recently moved in together so she didn't want to intrude" Kevin explained. " That’s what she told me before she left.
" So Kevin what are you going to do if The kids yours"? Rachel asked.
" IM going to be his father" Kevin answered simply.
" I know that but what IM trying to get at is are you going to get back with Kristen" Rachel asked him.
" I really don't know Kristen has said that she still loves me and wants to give if he is mine Zack a stable and loving home life and that its up to me" Kevin explained.
" Well Kevin you better figure out what your going to do not just for your possible son but also for Chelsea" Rachel explained to him. " Look IM going to go and visit Chelsea and see her do you know where she is staying at"? She asked.
" Yeah she is staying at the Holiday Inn" Kevin told her.
Rachel started out the door.
" Hey Rachel" Kevin asked softly.
" Yeah" She asked turning back around.
" Tell Chelsea that no matter what happens and how this situation turns out that I love her" He said.
Rachel shook her head. " Will do"
and with that she was gone. Kevin felt a new batch of tears fall and he sat down and cried.

Chelsea looked out the window of her hotel room. She had a view if the hotels outdoor pool. She watched as a young couple with a two-year-old was splashing in the pool having the time of their lives. A few stray tears fell down Chelsea's cheeks as she imagined Kevin with his son and Kristen. She hardly talked to Kevin because it hurt too much. She didn't know how this would turn out and she was dreading the call that she would get that day. It would be just her luck. Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. Thinking it was house keeping Chelsea went to answer it. She was shocked to find Gina and Rachel with disapproving looks on their faces.
" Uh HI guys what are you doing here," She asked.
" Well I went over to your place to visit and see if you wanted to go out to lunch and Kevin told me a very interesting story". Rachel started.
" Why didn't you tell us or better yet come over you could have had a place to stay" Gina told her.
" Look I didn't want to disturb either one of you guys because you have a new relationship status so I didn't want to bother you" Chelsea explained.
" You wouldn't have and you shouldn't have to go through a time like this alone" Rachel said sympathetically.
" Thanks guys" Chelsea said.
Rachel's cell phone rang. She pulled it out of her purse.
" Hello".
Gina and Chelsea watched as Rachel's face turned from content to one of anger.
" Damn it I told her not to put it in the layout can't that girl do anything but right" She screamed into the phone. " Hold on a minute" Rachel looked at the two girls. " I need to take this call so IM going to take this outside" She told them.
They watched as she left. Chelsea sighed and sat down on the lumpy bed. Gina watched her friend in pain. She decided she knew the perfect thing to cheer her up.
" Hey Chelsea I know something that will keep your mind off of this situation for awhile". Chelsea looked at her.
" What's that" She asked softly.
" Well you remember in high school when Rachel talked about how she wanted a record deal and when we told her that she had a really great voice she never believed us" Gina asked.
" UM yeah" Chelsea answered confused at where this was going.
" Well the other day Nick heard her singing and told her that she was really good and should sing for a record label" Gina started. " But you know her she refused saying she didn't want to get it because of who she was married to plus she is afraid that she won't be good enough and since we would have no luck convincing her to do it I have come up with a plan" Gina finished proudly.
" What kind of plan" Chelsea asked nervously.
Gina leaned in and whispered the plan. A smile slowly spread across Chelsea's face. The first one in days.
" Oh that’s good," she said once Gina finished. " You know what to do" Gina asked making sure.
Chelsea nodded.
As if on cue Rachel knocked. Gina answered it.
" Sorry about that guys we have idiots at work that can't do anything" Rachel sighed.
" So what to do while we wait for Kevin to call with the results" She asked. " UM how about we listen to music that always makes me feel better," Chelsea said sadly.
" OK ill turn on the clock radio since that’s the only thing that plays music in here" Rachel said.
She turned it on and "Fallen" By Alicia Keys was just starting.
" I love this song she gushed.
Naturally she started singing the words softly at first then gradually getting louder. Gina smirked and once the song was over and Rachel had stopped singing she clicked the stop button on the recorder and zipped up her purse. The plan was after she recorded her singing she would give the tape to Nick who was planning on giving it to a record label to listen to. It was the perfect method. Rachel wouldn't be getting in because of who her husband is and if they didn't like her singing Rachel would never know so there was no rejection as far as she knew and the subject would be dropped but when they liked her then they would have to tell her. Gina just hopped she wouldn't be mad.

Kevin woke up to the phone ringing. He figured he must have cried himself to sleep after Rachel left. He ran to the phone.
" Hello".
He listened as he heard the results. After he heard it and thanked Kristen for calling he immediately hung up and dialed the number to Chelsea's hotel room. Meanwhile the girls were just chilling around listening to music when the hotel phone rang. The girls could both see the look of nervousness creep up on Chelsea's face.
" Hello' She answered her voice shaky.
They watched, as her expression never changed as she listened to what Kevin was telling her. After she hung up tears fell and she started packing up her stuff.
" Awe honey IM so sorry" Gina told her giving her a hug.
" Kevin said that the baby isn't his and Kristen is getting back with her ex so they can become a family" Chelsea explained a smile breaking through her tears. " Got you both I can tell you both thought that me and Kevin were over".
" That was not funny to do" Rachel said.
" Sorry I just had to" Chelsea apologized. " I can't wait to see Kevin".
The girls helped her finish pack and watched her leave to go see Kevin. Then they themselves went home happy everything was working out for the time being.