- Text Size +
Chapter 35
Chelsea smiled as she drove home back to Kevin. She couldn't have felt more relieved that the situation turned out the way it did. She had to admit to herself that she had her doubts and had really thought she'd lost Kevin for good. Chelsea pulled into the driveway of the house. Chelsea watched as Kevin came barreling out of the house. He had been watching for her out the window. Kevin picked her up and swung her around the front yard. Chelsea squealed.
" Kevin let me go".
" Never ever again" Kevin replied with a smile. " God I have missed you".
" Awe Kevin I have missed you too" " It's been a very hard three days" Chelsea sighed.
" Yeah it has IM glad that this whole nightmare is over and we can move on with our lives" Kevin agreed. " I have a surprise for you" Kevin said.
" A surprise what is it" Chelsea asked with curiosity.
" It's in the house you shall see" Kevin replied with a smirk.
Kevin grabbed Chelsea's suitcase from out of the car and Chelsea followed him inside. Chelsea looked around and as she had expected nothing had changed. Kevin put her suitcase down wants inside and left the room. He came back with a dozen red roses and a big chocolate heart. " Happy Valentines Day honey" He said.
Chelsea grinned and threw her arms around Kevin.
" Thanks I love you" She whispered.
" I love you too and it's not over yet" Kevin told her.
' Not over what are you talking about" She asked suspiciously.
" I am taking you out to dinner at the finest restaurant in Tampa" Kevin answered. " Now I bought you a dress to wear to dinner its laying out on the bed, I want you to get a shower and look all pretty like you usually do and meet me down here as soon as you are finished".
Chelsea nodded and ran up the stairs to her room. She walked in and saw the most gorgeous dress she had ever seen laying there. It was a pale pink spaghetti strapped dress with little sparkles on it. Chelsea hopped into the shower and let the hot water run down her body. For the first time in days she relaxed. After her shower she put on the dress and put her hair in a French twist. Chelsea remembered the tickets that she had shoved into the drawer. She hoped Kevin hadn't of seen them. She smiled as she spotted them and shoved them into her purse.
" Hun you ready to go" Kevin called from downstairs.
" Yeah ill be down in a minute" She called back.
Chelsea grabbed her purse and ran downstairs.

Kevin nervously played with his hands in his lap as the limousine drove to their destination. He looked over at Chelsea who was perfectly content.
" Good" he thought.
She had no idea what was going on that he was up to something. He prayed that everything would go according to plan and nothing would fuck up the night. Finally the limousine pulled up to the all too familiar place. Kevin got out took a deep breath and offered his arm out once he helped her out.
" Wow Kevin IM so glad you suggested we come here," Chelsea said with a smile.
" There is more yet to come my dear" Kevin replied with a smirk.
He watched, as she looked at him confused. The two made their way to the hostess.
" Reservations for Richardson" Kevin said politely winking.
The hostess nodded. " Come right this way" She replied.
Kevin walked slowly so that Chelsea would walk ahead of him and the hostess. Once Kevin was sure she was out of hearing range he whispered
" Is everything set up".
" Yes MR. Richardson everything is arranged like you wanted it and all your guests have arrived" The hostess whispered back.
The hostess walked ahead of Kevin and Chelsea and pointed them towards a door.
" Here you are enjoy," She said formally leaving them alone.
" Kevin why are we eating in there" She asked him.
Kevin grinned. " Well sweetheart this would be why" He answered opening the door for her to see.
He watched, as her eyes grew wide and starts to water. The door he had opened was the door leading to the ballroom which he had reserved and decorated to make it all fancy. Kevin looked around the room at all his friends. He invited them all to share the celebration. The familiar tune forever for you by Hall and oats floated through the doorway. Kevin knew how much Chelsea liked the song and had through "Connections" gotten them to play live.
" Oh wow Kevin what all this" she whispered trying to keep her composure. " You will see lets go in" Kevin assured her.
Kevin escorted her down the descending steps joining all the other guests. Kevin saw Gina, AJ, Nick, Rachel, Howie, Claudia, Brian and his wife plus Kevin had taken the liberty to invite Ryan and his new girlfriend. Kevin walked over to the band and told them to hold up on the music for a few minutes than grabbed the microphone off the stand.
" Hey can I have everyone's attention" Kevin asked.
The conversations all came to a halt and their attention on Kevin.
" Well IM sure you all are anxious on why you were invited here" Kevin started. Kevin nervously turned to Chelsea and grabbed her hand.
" Chelsea I want to start out by saying that I love you and I wanted everyone here when I ask you this very important question".
Kevin shakily got on one knee and looked up at Chelsea.
" I had this planned out for today because I want to be with you forever and during the past couple of days when you were gone I realized even more how much I can't live without you" Kevin whispered.
He reached into his back pocket and pulled out the velvety black box and held it out for her.
" Will you marry me".
Chelsea eyes spilled over with tears, as she was barley able to speak.
" Yes" She choked out.
Kevin got up and hugged her and kissed her as everyone began clapping. There was not a dry eye in the room.
" Let the celebration begin" Kevin called. T
he music started playing again and Kevin took the ring out of the box and put it on Chelsea's finger.
" Wow IM so happy" Chelsea gushed.
" I am too honey" Kevin replied.
He was on top of the world.

Gina dried her eyes as she watched how happy Kevin and Chelsea were. She watched as Kevin led Chelsea on to the dance floor.
" Want to dance" a voice behind her asked startling her out of her thoughts.
" Sure" Gina shrugged.
Gina walked on to the dance floor and started to dance.
" So Nick what do you want" Gina asked.
" Can't I ask my best friend to dance" Nick asked pretending to act hurt.
" Nick I know you too well you don't really like dancing to slow songs all that much and even if you really wanted to you would have asked your wife so spill" Gina explained.
Nick sighed in defeat. " Ok fine see the recording studios called right before we got here on my cell phone and apparently they loved Rachel's voice and sign her on to a contract".
" That’s great" Gina gushed.
" Yeah and I was thinking we should tell her now so if she wants to kill us she can't cause its Kevin and Chelsea's big day" Nick explained.
"I got an idea" Gina replied.
Before Nick could ask what Gina had left the dance floor and was whispering something. Suddenly the music stopped and Gina took the microphone.
" Excuse me everybody can I have your attention please" Gina called.
Once everybody was quiet Gina continued.
" Ok I have a story to tell see one of my best friends Rachel has a really awesome voice yet she thinks she stinks and when we told her to audition for a singing contract she said no".
Gina watched as Rachel looked at her confused.
" Where I am going with this is Nick, Chelsea and I came up with a plan which was to tape her singing and send it to a recording company without her knowing".
Gina noticed the fierce look of your dead coming from Rachel's expression.
" We did just that and today heard back from the company we send it too and she now has a contract so please give a hand for Rachel who will be giving us a preview before we hear an album so come on up here" Gina cheered.
The spotlight hit Rachel as she slowly made her way to the stage. Gina walked back to her seat. Rachel got up and looked at the crowd of people her face turning a crimson color.
" Well I am very excited to have this contract and I thank my best friends and husband for it so I will now sing a song called underneath it all by no doubt" Rachel took a deep breath and started to sing.
The audience were in awe and after she finished the last note. The audience roared and Rachel smiled.
" What a rush" she thought.
After she got off the stage Nick walked over to her and hugged her tight.
" You were amazing" He whispered.
" Thanks but don't think you all are off the hook" She said walking away. Nick sighed. " Well it was worth a shot" He said aloud and followed her.