- Text Size +
Chapter 36
Rachel sat in the recording studio getting frustrated. It was three days later and she had now been in the studio for four hours and was still on the same song that she began with. The producers on the other side of the glass were nit picking every little thing. Nick sat next to them giving her an encouraging smile.
" Ok lets take it to the top again" Max martin said with a sigh. T
hey started the background music and Rachel began to sing again. She had never realized how tough being in the music industry really was. It took another hour before her first single had been successfully recorded. It was called
"What would I do without you".
Rachel walked out of the booth and sat in Nick's lap as everyone listened to the whole thing straight through.
" Sounds so cool" Nick said once the song was done. " You did a great job honey".
" Awe thanks" Rachel replied. " Are we done for the day cause I am beat and also IM really hungry".
" Yeah that’s all for today but we need you back in tomorrow so we can record more songs" Max replied.
" Ok" Rachel, said.
She walked over to the corner of the room and grabbed her bag.
" Lets go" She said.

Gina sat in the living room watching the Wedding planner with a box of tissues and a bowl of popcorn. Gina had the day off work and had no classes so all her homework was done. For the first time in awhile she could just sit on her ass and relax. She really wanted to spend it with AJ but AJ was out with his buddies again. Lately that’s all he had been doing. It was bad enough that they only had a limited amount of time to spend together cause of both their jobs and her school but AJ was always out. It all started a week before when his old middle school buddy Andy came into town. AJ left to hang with him early in the morning and didn't come back till really late at night. By that time he would be so drunk he would stumble into bed waking her. Right as Steve caught up with Mary in the park the door opened and AJ's voice floated into the living room.
" Oh yeah that was like old times" He laughed.
" AJ you home" Gina called.
A few seconds later AJ and Andy both appeared in the living room. AJ walked over and kissed her on the forehead.
" Hey baby what are you doing," He asked.
" Trying to watch a movie" Gina replied a little irritated.
" Well I got to get back to my hotel room to change" Andy said. " Ill be swinging by to pick you up at seven ok".
" Alright later bro" AJ answered as walked Andy to the door.
After Andy had left AJ came back to the living room and sat next to Gina. Gina scooted over.
" Gina what's wrong" AJ asked concerned.
" Nothing" she muttered.
She just felt like screaming at him.
" No I can tell something is bothering you so please talk to me" he pleaded. Gina whirled around to face him.
" Ok you want to know what's bothering me Ill tell you what's bothering me lately all you have done is go out with Andy" She started. " Its bad enough I don't get the chance to see you because of both are jobs and me going to school but your out with Andy from early in the morning to very late at night".
" Look IM sorry it's just I haven't seen him in thirteen years and he is only back in town for a few more weeks.
" I was hoping we could have some romantic alone time tonight" Gina replied angrily.
" Honey IM sorry Look I will make it up to you tomorrow ok" AJ reasoned.
" We can do anything you want".
Gina sighed in defeat. " Oh all right".
" Thanks honey I love you" AJ said happily.
AJ looked at his watch “well IM going to shower and change before Joey comes by".
Gina sat there depressed. " Well it looks like IM spending another night all by myself" " Where did I hide the ice cream".

Chelsea happily strode through out the house finishing up the cleaning for the week. Everything was perfect in her life. Kevin walked into the living room and kissed her neck.
" Hey aren't you done cleaning yet," he asked.
" No not yet but IM almost done" She replied.
" Well hurry up and finish so we can spend the rest of the day together plus I want to talk to you about something" Kevin said.
" About what" Chelsea asked with curiosity.
" Finish first than we will sit down and talk about it".
Chelsea hurriedly finished and sat down next to him. " So ok spill" She urged.
" Ok how would you feel if we sit down tonight and pick a date for the wedding" Kevin asked even though he pretty much knew the answer to that
" Ok that’s a great idea so any idea's" Chelsea asked him excitedly.
She really didn't care when as long as it actually happened which she knew would.
" Ok I was thinking June you know after your out for the summer plus it gives us plenty of time to make all the arrangements" Kevin explained.
" That’s a great idea how about it be June 20th " Chelsea proposed.
Kevin smiled "I say that’s an excellent date".
" Good now IM going to make dinner" Chelsea said getting up and making her way to the kitchen.
Kevin smiled evilly as he followed her into the kitchen and waited till she was cutting carrots. He snuck behind her and started kissing her neck. Chelsea jumped.
" Kevin god you scared me".
Kevin grinned. " Whoops my bad".
Chelsea laughed. " I suppose we will have dinner later".
" Yeah probably" Kevin agreed picking her up and carrying her to the bedroom.

Nick pulled into the roadhouse grill parking lot.
" This is an awesome place to eat" Nick explained as he parked his sports car into a spot.
" I've never eaten here" Rachel commented. " Looks like a bar".
" It is at some extent but its more of a restaurant grill kind of thing" Nick replied. " It has good food".
" Ok lead the way," Rachel said.
Nick grabbed her hand and made their way inside. The place was packed but the hostess was obviously a backstreet fan because she seated them right away ahead of everyone else. They got dirty looks. After they were seated and Nick autographed the order pad for the hostess they settled down too look at the menu.
" You know pretty soon that’s going to be you" Nick commented.
Rachel rolled her eyes. " I don't know about that".
" You are going to be famous I know it" Nick went on.
Rachel laughed at her husband's perception. The waitress came by and took their orders. Rachel looked over at the bar and saw a guy making out with a girl. From her angle she thought it looked a lot like AJ. Nick noticed her preoccupation.
" What are you looking at another guy" He joked.
" Yeah actually I am" Rachel replied. Nick's smile faded slowly.
" Oh Nick please we are married you should trust me by now" Rachel said frustrated at his thing about being jealous easy.
" Sorry" He mumbled.
" Anyway I was looking at the guy at the bar behind you making out with his girlfriend or something and I thought that he looked a lot like AJ" She explained.
Nick turned around and his mouth dropped. " I would say it looks like AJ probably because it is AJ". " And that don't look like Gina".
Rachel watched as the guy came up for Air. " That is AJ your right and that girl is not Gina".
Rachel angrily got up and strode over to AJ who had gone back to kissing the girl.
" Yikes" Nick said aloud as he got up and followed Rachel.
Rachel walked over to AJ and lightly tapped him on the shoulder. AJ turned around and gasped.
" Um hi Rachel". He nodded at Nick.
"Hey AJ nice seeing you here" Rachel started with a forced smile. " But if IM not mistaken that girl is not Gina".
" Who the hell is Gina?" The girl asked.
" AJ's girlfriend now beat it bitch" Rachel replied giving her the eye.
The girl glared at AJ and left. AJ looked at the floor.
" I don't believe you" She hissed.
Rachel whipped out her cell phone and called Gina.
" Hello" She sniffled.
" Hey Gina its Rachel are you ok you sound like you are crying" Rachel asked. AJ's head snapped up in a panic.
" Sorry its just I have been watching a marathon of sappy love movies" Gina explained.
" Where is AJ" Rachel asked.
" AJ went out with Andy again to god knows where" Gina sniffled.
Rachel took the phone off of her ear and held it out for all to hear.
" Is something upsetting you" Rachel? asked softly.
" Well kind of yeah you see AJ has been out every night since his collage friend Andy came to town and we haven't spent any time together at all I mean he is out from morning till night and I miss him and wish that he would make a little time for me.
" Awe IM sorry Gina IM coming over in a bit to keep you company plus I have another reason" Rachel said.
" OK Ill see you in a bit" Gina replied. " And Rachel".
" Yeah" Rachel asked.
" Thanks" Gina said.
Rachel smiled sadly. " No problem".
After Rachel hung up she looked AJ straight in the eye.
" You happy now you ass hole" she asked him her voice rising.
AJ looked about to cry.
" Don't even start with the tears IM not moved" Rachel snapped. " Now your going home and telling Gina the truth so move it".
AJ sadly started walking out of the restaurant. Rachel turned to Nick.
" Honey IM so sorry about our dinner I will make it up to you I promise" She told him regretfully.
" Hey don't apologize we can do this again tomorrow night this is more important" Nick explained.
" Thanks for understanding" Rachel sighed giving him a peck on the lips and heading out to the car.