- Text Size +
Chapter 38
Two weeks later the three girls sat on the floor in the living room at Chelsea's house. Chelsea had gone over to Rachel's and been filled in with the situation concerning AJ and what he had done. Gina sat starring into space while the other two were in a deep talk. Over the past week AJ had called numerous times and Gina had Nick and Rachel tell him she didn't want to talk to him. He had also come by but Gina had locked herself in the guestroom her room till she could find an apartment. AJ hadn't stopped there either she had received dozens of letters with flowers. Gina gave the flowers to Rachel to decorate the home more. Half the letters had been pitched without being opened and the others she just threw in a drawer. She never wrote him back.
What do you think Gina" Chelsea asked breaking her from her trance.
" Um its fine" She said. Rachel and Chelsea both looked at her funny.
" The question was either Chicken or steak to serve for dinner at the reception" Rachel told her.
They were over discussing Chelsea's up coming wedding. Gina had persisted at first but Rachel dragged her out saying something about needing to get out more. As happy as she was for Chelsea the talk of wedding plans just made her sad and depressed.
" Chicken" Gina answered flatly.
Chelsea sighed. " Girl you have got to pull yourself together".
" Yeah she is right don't even give another thought to him" Rachel agreed. " Easy for you to say its not happening to you" Gina replied bitterly. "Everything is going to be ok you will see" Rachel assured her.
Gina sighed. " It just hurts so much I miss him and love him," She admitted. " Than forgive him and take him back," Chelsea said simply. " I really think he is sorry and won't do it again".
" IM not taking that chance" Gina replied stubbornly.
Gina looked at her watch. " Look I have to get to work".
" Ok Ill call you later" Chelsea replied.
" Ok" Gina, said with a shrug getting up and grabbing her keys. " You need a ride back to your place" She asked Rachel.
Rachel had come with Gina since her car was getting an oil change and a look at the muffler.
" No IM going to stick around a while" Rachel answered.
" Ill just take her home when we finish up" Chelsea told her.
Gina grabbed her purse and said good bye to them as she walked out and trudged slowly to her car.

AJ sat in the bench at the park a few miles from his house. He had been feeling like the air was suffocating him since he hadn't been out in the past few days. AJ thought about how lonely he was feeling. His heart was full of pain and remorse. He felt empty inside without Gina. She was everything to him.
" But I went and fucked up big time" He muttered.
The thought depressed him as he took another swig of hid Bud light. He was on his seventh beer.
"So much for no drinking at all," He thought with a laugh.
Normally he only had alcohol on special occasions or only had a beer when out at the clubs.
" Hey bone" Kevin said behind him.
Kevin saw the condition that he was in.
" Dear god you look like hell" He exclaimed.
AJ hadn't washed or shaved in days.
" Thank you Kevin I will drink to that" He replied toasting himself and taking another chug.
" IM sorry about what happened" Kevin said sitting down by him.
" Yeah" He muttered.
" I think that she will come around eventually" Kevin told him sincerely.
" I hope so because I have tried everything" AJ sighed. Nothing has worked or helped the situation in the least bit".
" Well maybe that’s the problem," Kevin said.
" What do you mean?" AJ asked.
" Well it seems that you are trying to hard I think that you need to give her some space and time so she can clear her mind and get over it" Kevin explained. " If you smother her and suffocate her it will only make things worse and she will get angrier".
" I can see what your getting at thanks for the suggestion and advice" AJ replied gratefully.
" Not a problem but I think that you had enough of the alcohol".
" I need another beer than I will stop I promise" AJ swore.
" No AJ I think that you are done I don't think that you want to go back to rehab do you" Kevin said.
AJ looked at Kevin angrily. " I think I can handle everything why is it that anytime I have one drink anytime we go out you all automatically assume that I don't know what I am doing and that I will need rehab again".
" Look IM sorry I am just worried about you I don't want a repeat of what happened last time" Kevin replied.
" You know what I don't have to listen to this I am out of here," AJ said storming off to his car.

Rachel walked into the house exhausted. It had been a long day. In fact it had been quite a long two weeks. She had spent everyday in the studio recording a bunch of songs for her new album. She felt bad because her and Nick hadn't spent more than a few minutes together. Nick wasn't home yet so she decided to do something really good for him. She spent the next hour or so cooking all his favorites than walked up the stairs and changed in what Nick would call more comfortable. She hummed one of her songs as she set the table. Than she lit the candles as the final touches. A few minutes later she heard the door swing open and shut.
" Honey IM home" She heard him call from the front hall.
" Perfect" She thought with a grin.
Nick walked in and saw a bunch of food heated and ready to eat on the table with two wine glasses and a ice bucket contain an unopened bottle of wine. He hadn't yet spotted Rachel yet. Rachel snuck up behind him and covers his eyes with her hands.
" I have a surprise for you" She whispered seductively in his ear.
" Do tell" He smirked wishing he could see what it was.
He hated waiting for suprises.
"OK IM going to take my hands away and than when I say three you can turn around" Rachel instructed.
" Ok" He agreed.
Rachel slowly took her hands off his eyes and counted aloud. " One… two… three". Nick turned around and his eyes bugged out of his head. Rachel looked down at the bulge that was starting in his pants. That was always one of her favorite parts of doing that.
" Damn girl you look fine" He said. " I want you right now".
" Nope we eat first than play" Rachel told him.
" Ok I eat you out first than we have more fun playing" He agreed.
" Carter that’s not what I meant and you know it" She giggled. " But if you want me you have to come get me".
Nick started for her but she ran all the way into their bedroom.
" IM coming and getting what I want," He yelled as he ran a marathon all the way to catch her.

Gina looked over a chart later on that day. She was helping one of the doctors on call that day. She sighed and threw it down in frustration. Lately at work her performance had been terrible and she couldn't concentrate on any of the charts that she had been given to look over. It was like looking at a different language.
" Damn you" She muttered.
She loved her job but lately it was like a drag. Suddenly the doctor she was helping burst through the double doors of the Emergency room.
" Gina I need your help" She said breathlessly. " We have a very bad accident victim".
Gina got up immediately determined to get busy and do her job right. Not only was her career on the line but also the lives of others.
" Alright what happened?" She asked.
" The driver was drunk and crashed onto another car" She explained.
The sliding automatic doors opened and a pair of paramedics pushed a gurney with a man full of IV's and oxygen mask.
" How bad" The doctor asked as they rolled the gurney down the hall to the ER. Gina had to run to keep up.
" Single white male with lacerations name is AJ Mclean".