- Text Size +
Chapter 39
Gina's face paled. Her breath started to get ragged. This just couldn't be AJ. As she struggled to keep up with the stretcher she closed her eyes.
" When I open my eyes its not going to be AJ" She told herself.
A moment later she opened them back up and was faced with the truth. It was AJ. She could hardly tell it was he with the cuts and bruises starting to form on his face and the rest of his body. Her whole body started to shrudder and go into shock.
" Are you ok" one of the nurses asked.
Gina couldn't speak but shake her head no.
" You look a little pale maybe you should sit down while we take care of the patient" She suggested.
" No I need to help out" Gina finally managed to say. " I have to save him I just have to".
The nurse took her hand and led her to the waiting room.
" Why do you have to and why are you so upset".
" Because that guy is my boyfriend," She said softly her voice cracking.
" Oh dear" She mumbled. " I think that it’s a good idea if you not take this case".
Gina looked at the nurse startled. " No I have to and I want to please" She pleaded.
" Are you sure that you can handle this I mean you look really shaken up and it would be best if you just stayed here" The nurse told her.
" No I want to help" Gina replied firmly getting up.
" Ok than get ready this is going to be quite gruesome," she warned. " You will learn that in your training".
Gina stood up. " Lets do it'.

After Chelsea dropped off Rachel she drove the long way to her house. It was such a nice day out and since Kevin wouldn't be home for awhile she was really in no hurry to get home and be by herself. Chelsea turned the music up and one of her favorite songs was on. She started singing along while looking at the scenery of department stores, restaurants and fast food joints. She noticed that one of the restaurants that she liked called Bob Evens had closed. She loved the food but the place was a dump and that she concluded was the reason why customers stopped coming and they couldn't make any money. She pulled into the parking lot. It was completely deserted except for one other car, which she assumed had to be a car up for sale. She got out and looked through the window. The place was in a serious need of a makeover.
" Can I help you" A voice behind her asked.
She turned around to see a woman looking like she was in her early to mid forty's and dressed in a maroon business suit.
" I was just looking IM going now" Chelsea replied slowly starting back towards her car.
" Wait are you interested in leasing the place".
Chelsea turned back around and started walking towards the woman again. "Leasing"?
" Yeah we are trying to get someone to lease the building or else they are going to knock it down" The woman explained.
Chelsea looked at it. It was a really good size and if someone were to lease it all they really need is a good fix up and it would be as good as new. Chelsea all of a sudden was struck with an idea.
" IM interested" She finally said.
" Really"? The woman asked surprised at her boldness.
" Yeah all this place really needs is to be fixed up and I'll bet I can turn this place around and make this my own restaurant" Chelsea explained her eyes lighting up and the excitement inside her getting bigger at the thought of the idea.
" Your right". The woman nodded in agreement. She stuck out her hand. " IM Tracy".
Chelsea shook it. " IM Chelsea". " So how much".
" Its ten thousand dollars" She replied.
Chelsea's face fell. " I can't afford that much". " Well I guess that dreams are meant to come true". " Thanks anyway" Chelsea said sadly slowly walking away.
" Wait" Tracy called. " Uh how much would you be able to afford". " I could only pay about fifteen hundred" Chelsea answered.
Tracy sighed. " Ok Ill take fifteen hundred but just this once don't tell anyone that you only paid that much," She said.
Chelsea squealed. " Thank you so much".
Tracy smiled " Let's go to my office so you can sign the papers".
Chelsea nodded and got into her car. Her dream was finally coming true.

Rachel walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed. She had the urge to throw up as soon as Chelsea had driven her up her driveway and dropped her off.
" I must be coming down with the flu," She thought. " Great timing".
Her CD was almost finished and she couldn't wait for it to be out. Her biggest fear was that no one would want to buy it. The phone interrupted her thoughts.
" Hello".
" Hey Rachel its Gina".
Rachel could tell she had been crying. " Hey Gina are you ok"? She asked. " No" She said quietly. " AJ's…"
" Look I know that you miss AJ but just concentrate on your work and everything will be fine" she assured her.
" No you don't get it AJ is in the hospital" She replied urgently.
" What"? Rachel exclaimed.
" AJ was drunk and he was driving and hit a telephone poll" Gina explained.
" Oh god" Rachel whispered.
" Yeah well I just called to let you know I need to get back to him" Gina told her sadly.
" Ok thanks for calling Ill get a hold of everyone else" Rachel said softly. " We will be there as soon as possible".
" Ok see you in a bit" Gina whispered before hanging up.
Rachel couldn't believe that AJ started drinking again. She remembered how hard it had been for him the first time. Now it had caught up with him in a very tragic accident. Rachel picked up the phone again and started dialing numbers and hoping that she could get a hold of everyone.

Chelsea held Kevin's hand tighter than the lid on a pickle jar as the group walked through the sliding doors of the hospital. She had gotten a call from Rachel on her cell telling her about AJ. She couldn't even believe that this was actually happening.
" Poor Gina" She thought.
They walked up to the waiting room by the E.R and sat down in chairs waiting for Gina or a doctor to tell them how he was. They waited an hour before Gina and a doctor walked in. The group had been sitting there miserable and depressed. She took one look at Gina and her heart went out. Gina looked so tired with bags under eyes and dark circles and her eyes were blood shot meaning she had been crying.
" How is" Kevin asked standing up and letting go of Chelsea's hand.
” Not to good" Gina whispered before tears began cascading down her cheeks.
Howie immediately jumped up and wrapped his arms around her as she sobbed. Everyone turned back to face the doctor.
" What going on" Rachel asked.
" Well the good news is AJ is still alive and we were able to stabilize him". He started " But he came in pretty bad shape and the extent of his injuries are pretty serious". " He has a broken arm, several bruised and broken ribs and had numerous bruises".
" Oh god" Rachel whispered covering her mouth with her hand.
" I wish that was all," The doctor said grimly. " We did a CAT scan and it showed a small part of the brain is swelling so he is in a coma and we are watching the monitors closely. We gave him some medications so hopefully that will help".
Chelsea could feel the tears trickling down.
" I have one other thing," the doctor said. " There was also a spinal injury which means that there is a good possibility that he could be paralyzed from the waist down".
" Do you think that he is" Kevin asked softly.
" It's hard to tell we will know once AJ wakes up" He answered.
" Can we see him" Nick asked.
The doctor sighed in consideration. " Ok but one at a time and only a few minutes each" He warned.
They nodded. "
Who is going to first?" Chelsea asked.
" I'll go" Gina whispered. " I need to be by him".
Everyone else nodded in agreement. She sighed and looked at the doctor nervously. Chelsea knew that it was going to be hard after what she had seen when he came in.
" Where to"?