- Text Size +
Chapter 4
Tampa, Florida 5 years later
Gina put up her brown hair in a ponytail. She was now eighteen years old. She had graduated a month earlier and was now enjoying her summer before she started at Florida State in the fall to major in allied medicine. She was wearing a blue tank top and a pair of jeans. She was getting ready to meet Rachel and Chelsea at the mall. She grabbed her keys from her table and walked out to her brand new silver eclipse that her parents and given her as her graduation gift. As Gina drove to the mall Gina though back to high school. She had been on the dance team and had gotten average grades. Gina had just broken up with her boyfriend Tom the week before because he cheated on her with one of the whores in school. Rachel still didn't date even though Chelsea knew that she had two crushes one being her best guy friend. Rachel was also going to be attending Florida State in the fall as Journalism major. She had done the school newspaper all four years of high school and had also continued to play softball, which she had received a college scholarship for. Chelsea was yearbook editor and was going to a special school for the culinary arts in the fall, which was close by the college that Rachel and Gina were going too. She was still dating Ryan. Gina pulled into the busy parking lot of the mall and looked for Rachel's green Camero and Chelsea's red Porsche. Gina walked up to the doors where Chelsea and Rachel were already waiting.
"Took you long enough" Rachel asked annoyed.
Gina rolled her eyes. "Lets all go and start shopping".
The girl's first stop was a CD store. As the scanned the racks Gina came upon a familiar looking poster. It was the Backstreet boys. That was what Nick's group had been called. A wave of sadness filled Gina's heart. She remembered the day Nick left like it was yesterday instead of five years ago. She had gone to school crying all day and completely miserable than later on that day he had called her when he got to his first stop, which had been in London. It was only a brief conversation because he had to get down to business. That was the last time she had heard from him. He had broken his first promise to her. In five years she hadn't received a letter, postcard or a phone call. Gina remembered waiting for weeks for something anything but nothing ever happened. About a month after he left his family had moved to LA so she hadn't seen him in five years. She was filled with anger and sadness because of it. Gina didn't notice that Rachel and Chelsea had joined her. They both looked at each other when they noticed a single tear slip down Gina's cheek. They both knew his lack of contact hurt her and was not over it. They never brought her up Nick because it was a sore subject and they remembered all the pain she was in when she had decided to attempt to put him behind her.
"Damn him" Rachel thought to herself. "He is a dead child when I see him".
Rachel had heard about a concert the boys were doing in Tampa in two weeks and had told Chelsea about it so they both had went and bought three front row tickets and backstage passes. It wasn't only to get Gina to see Nick and confront him but it was also because they liked their music and Rachel's other crush was AJ Mclean. She wanted to fuck him inwards outwards. Chelsea's favorite was Kevin Richardson. They hadn't told Gina about it yet.
Chelsea whispered into Rachel's ear. "You think we should tell her about the concert now".
"Now is as good as time as any Rachel whispered back.
Rachel poked at Gina took shake her out of the daze she was in. "Lets go to the food court to get something to eat" She suggested.
Gina only nodded.

After they had arrived at the food court gotten their food and sat down and started eating Rachel broke the silence.
"Have you heard about the concert the backstreet boys are putting on in a couple of weeks".
Gina shrugged "Yea so".
"Well Chelsea and I bought three front row tickets" Rachel explained sheepishly.
Gina stopped eating and looked at the two. "Have fun" She said flatly going back to her food.
"UM you are going with us," Rachel said.
"No IM not" Gina argued.
"Look Gina Rachel and I know you Miss Nick and I think its time you see him and demand an explanation don't you want to know why" Chelsea asked.
Gina sighed. "Of course I want to know why".
'Than your coming with us besides you like their music and Rachel wants to see AJ and I want to see Kevin and his biceps" Chelsea explained.
Gina knew that she was defeated. "Fine I will go," she said.
Both Rachel and Chelsea smiled in victory.