- Text Size +
Chapter 41
" Did you get it" Rachel asked Chelsea waving for her to come in.
" Yes I got it" Chelsea assured her closing the door behind her.
Chelsea handed Rachel the bag.
" Thanks a bunch I will be right back" Rachel replied anxiously running upstairs.
Chelsea took a seat in the living room. She had just finished her lunch with Kevin when Rachel had called her. Rachel came running down the stairs.
" Ok now we wait fifteen minutes".
Chelsea looked at Rachel with concern. She looked totally in distress and anxious for the results.
" Do you think that you are" Chelsea asked.
Rachel stopped pacing the living room floor and looked at her.
" I think that I am I mean I Haven't been late before especially not this late" Rachel replied.
" Well if you are do you consider this a good or bad thing"? Chelsea asked. " Well I don't know I mean I think that it would be a good thing but it is sort of bad timing you know" Rachel took a seat on the love seat before she ran a hole through the carpet.
" I understand" Chelsea assured her.
" I just hope that Nick will be happy and excited about it after all we weren't planning on having kids for another few years".
" Sounds like you are more nervous about Nick's reaction than anything else" Chelsea observed.
Rachel nodded and started to play with her hands. " What time is it"? She asked.
Chelsea looked at her watch. " You still have like ten minutes" Chelsea reported.
Rachel got up from the chair that she was sitting in.
" Relax ten minutes isn't that long" Chelsea said.
Rachel walked over to the window and looked out.
" Yeah well I have no patience so ten minutes is a lifetime for me".
Chelsea rolled her eyes. " This ought to be an interesting ten minutes".

Gina sat outside on a bench in the park. After she had gone to see AJ she had started to feel like the walls were closing in. She than had decided to go get some air and the park was the best place for peace and quiet.
" Hey how are you holding up?" Nick asked coming and sitting beside her. " What are you doing here?" She asked.
" Well I needed a place to get some air cause I was going stir crazy in the hospital waiting room but I didn't want to go to far from the hospital" Nick explained. " I guess you had the same idea too".
" I guess so" Gina mumbled looking ahead of her.
" You know you never did answer my question" Nick said.
" IM fine" Gina replied robotically.
" IM your best friend I know you better than you know yourself so please don't pretend with me when I can clearly see that your not" Nick pointed out. " It would help you to feel better if you would just talk to me".
" I said IM fine" Gina snapped.
She instantly felt bad for snapping at him when he was just trying to help. She sighed. " I know that your just trying to help but I really don't feel like talking especially the current crisis". " I just want to be alone right now". Nick got up. " Ok if that’s how you want it but just know that you can talk to me anytime" He offered.
Gina looked at him. " Thanks" She said.
" Well IM going to go for a walk on the trail call the cellphone if you need anything".
Once left alone Gina put her head into her hands and felt tears starting to fall.

" Its time to go check out the results" Chelsea called to Rachel from the kitchen.
She had gotten bored watching Rachel pace the living room floor and asking is it time yet every two seconds so she had gone to the kitchen to find something to eat. Chelsea heard Rachel running up the stairs to the bathroom. Chelsea decided to make some cookies. A few minutes later Chelsea heard Rachel coming down the stairs. Chelsea put the batch of cookies on a tray and put into the oven. Rachel arrived in the doorway of the kitchen with test in hand.
" So what's it say" Chelsea asked.
" It Um came out positive" Rachel said.
" Um is that a good thing or a bad thing" Chelsea asked her.
" I think that it’s a good thing but we shall see how Nick reacts to the news" Rachel told her.
" Are you going to tell him tonight?" she asked.
" Yeah IM definitely telling him tonight" Rachel assured her. " But the thing is I don't want to just blurt it out especially under the circumstances".
" Well why don't you make him a nice dinner and tell him over that" Chelsea suggested.
" Ok that’s actually not a bad idea" Rachel agreed. " I am really nervous though I really hope that Nick takes it well," Rachel said. " Could you stay for dinner"?
Chelsea laughed. " Uh I don't think so you need to tell him and it has to be alone". " I should probably get going anyway I want to go and see how AJ is doing plus I need to talk to Kevin about the upcoming wedding and the restaurant".
Chelsea walked into the living room and grabbed her stuff. She walked over to the door and opened it and before leaving she turned towards Rachel.
" Congratulations and good luck for tonight".
Rachel smiled. " Thanks I will need it".
After Chelsea left Rachel went in search of some candles which she had found in the hall closet. Rachel glanced at the time.
" I don't have enough time to cook a meal but I have enough to make macaroni and cheese, cut up a loaf of bread and out together a quickie salad" She said to herself.
Rachel set the table, prepared the meal and was showered and dressed in a cream colored dress top with a black mini skirt all done in a half hour.