- Text Size +
Chapter 42
Later on that evening Gina walked into AJ’S room. After her talk with Nick and the two hours she had spent crying she was ready to see him again.
“Hey baby” she whispered as she gently shut the door and sat on the stool by the bed.
Gina took a good look at him and saw all the bruises on his face had formed and had taken shape and color.
“ I need for you to get better so we can get back together and give our love another chance” she said trying to do her best not to break down again.
Gina was interrupted by the door swinging open and a nurse that she recognized came walking in.
“ Are you going to check on his vitals? Gina asked.
The nurse smiled. “ Yes I am”.
“ Do you think that he looks any better since they brought him in”? Gina asked. She had a spark of hope that he would be better than when he was brought in. A flashback of AJ on the gurney made her shudder.
The nurse looked at her sympathetically. “ To be honest I don’t think that he is”. “ We were able to stabilize him the best we could considering the shape that he was brought in”.
The flicker of hope that Gina had was gone. But only for a second. “ My AJ is a fighter and I believe that he can pull through this and recover with the help of those who love him”.
“ You know with that kind of an attitude he has a better chance” the nurse told her putting in a new IV.
Gina grabbed AJ’S hand and gave it a powerful squeeze. AJ and her had been through so much in their relationship and had always found their way back to each other. Gina knew deep down in her heart that they could get past this optical with out AJ letting her down again. At least she hoped so.

“ So what do you think we should call the restaurant” Chelsea asked Kevin. Chelsea had gone to the hospital after leaving Rachel’s and Kevin had suggested they have a nice night out in one of their favorite restaurants.
“ I think it depends on what kind of a restaurant you want to make it into” He replied. “ So what kind of a restaurant you planning on turning it into”?.
“ I want to turn into a bakery with pastries and stuff since that’s what IM learning to make in school” Chelsea told him.
“ Hmm we should pick a really cool name that represents the place to be yours” Kevin said.
“ No not mine ours” Chelsea corrected him. She wanted it to be a together thing. Kevin would help her run it when he wasn’t working with the boys and she hoped that one day when they had kids it would be run by a family.
“ok than what are some names that you can come up with it for our bakery”. he asked
“ How about we call it Richardson’s pastries” Chelsea suggested.
“ I was thinking more along the lines of Richardson’s Bakery” Kevin replied.
They both looked at each other and smiled. “ Richardson’s pastries and bakery”.

Rachel finished putting the last of the dishes that she had prepared for dinner on the table when she heard the door open and close.
Hey what’s that awesome smell in here” Nick called from the hallway. A few minutes later he entered the kitchen.
“ Hey baby IM so glad that your home” Rachel greeted walking up to him and giving him a big hug and kiss on the lips.
Hey what’s all this about”/ He asked looking at her peculiar.
‘ nothing IM just greeting my husband is that so bad” Rachel joked.
Nick chuckled. “ No its not its nice but that’s not like you”. “ And what is this you made dinner”?
“ Good eye Nick nothing ever gets past you”. Rachel rolled her eyes.
“ I know what this is about” Nick said. “ Why you made dinner and why you are acting different”.
Rachel looked nervous. “ You do”?
Nick nodded. “ I do, its because what happened to AJ made you realize how precious life is and that anything could happen so you want to show me how much you love me”.
Rachel was amazed that he could have thought of such reasoning all by himself. This was Nick Carter. Not the brightest thing. “ Um well that’s part of it yes”.
Nick gave her an odd look. “ What’s the other part”?
“ I will tell you later on at dinner” Rachel replied. “ Which reminds me we should sit don and eat before the food gets cold”.
After they sat down and helped themselves to the food Rachel broke the silence. “ So how is AJ doing any change”?
“ No not really but I went o the park and get some fresh air and I ran into Gina” Nick answered.
“ Oh really how is she doing” Rachel asked. She was hoping to keep the conversation of small talk going so that she could gather her nerve to tall him about the baby. She really wasn’t ready to tell him at that moment.
“ OK I guess but she tried to play of as being fine when I knew that she wasn’t and when I called her on it she bit m head off” Nick explained. “ But I know that she just needs time to deal and hopefully everything will work out fine”.
Rachel nodded. “ AJ is a fighter and IM optimistic he will get better and wake up”.
“ Yep” “ So tell me the other reason why you made this dinner” Nick asked through mouthfuls of macaroni and cheese.
“you are such a pig chew than talk that’s gross I don’t want to see chewed up of your second helping in your mouth” Rachel said grossed out.
Nick swallowed his food and gave her the famous Cater grin. “ Sorry”. “ Now spill”.
Rachel watched Nick pick up a glass of wine and take a sip. “ Well IM pregnant”.
Nick started to choke on the wine. Rachel got up and started pounding on his back till he stopped coughing. “ Are you OK Nick”?
“ Yeah IM fine now” He said and cleared his throat. “ Did I hear that your pregnant”?
Rachel shook her head. “ Yeah Nick that’s what I said and that’s what you heard”.
Nick got up from the table and started pacing the room. “ Wow”. “ So your saying that we are having a baby”.
“ Yes Nick for the love of god that’s what IM telling you; Rachel confirmed getting irritated. “ Now please tell me how you feel about this”.
Nick stopped pacing the room. “ I feel like the luckiest guy in the world right now. He smiled and ran and scooped Rachel in his arms.
Rachel squealed and laughed.
Nick kissed her passionately on the lips. “ Lets go celebrate”.